Riverdale - Blackman

warrior82dad

I hope someone does the whole quad thing so we can see where it stands before Tuesday.

Looks like Coffee County is an automatic qualifier so they will get in at 3-7 or 4-6. That knocks out one bubble team (maybe Collierville or Wooddale from he west). The most likely teams to get in a five wins would be Smyrna, then LC. But the way it's shaping up here may not be any five win teams get in unless they are automatics.

This whole thing should be automated so that as soon as the scores are entered everything gets updated.

Hey, I got my wish. Kreager has the current parings up on the DNJ.

He has Blackman at Riverdale in the first round. Maybe we can just keep this thread open. :D

Link to the DNJ quads:

DNJ Quad Breakdown

Just looked at those. Still can change a bit. Bradley and McMinn are tied in the District, with McMinn listed first in the standings because ot alphabet. Both have 2 district games left, and the last one is against each other.

And I got a feeling the TSSAA, in all their wisdom, will try to avoid having district mates playing each other in the first round, so a Riverdale-Blackman rematch may not happen first round.

Hey, I got my wish. Kreager has the current parings up on the DNJ.

He has Blackman at Riverdale in the first round. Maybe we can just keep this thread open. :D

Link to the DNJ quads:

DNJ Quad Breakdown

Not sure I would start any post with "I got my wish, Kruger...." Kruger is a useful idiot and a waste of time. He is lucky he is the only game in town, if not he would be even more irrelevant. :popcorneater:

Edited by mykidsdad

Not sure I would start any post with "I got my wish, Kruger...." Kruger is a useful idiot and a waste of time. He is lucky he is the only game in town, if not he would be even more irrelevant. :popcorneater:

Just remember, things could be worse. The DNJ could replace Kreager with me. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I think he tries to do a good job but he just has some biases that show through.

I actually kind of like Kreager even if he is a Riverdale homer.

i actually like him ALOT...

i think he does A GREAT JOB...

works hard...covers all the games...knows what he is taling about...has started the "chat" for all of us fans to interact with...tweets during a game...

i also think he is fair and is willing to discuss anything...

we are fortunate to have him in my opinion...

i've been around over 7 years...and he is by far the best we have had

and go to nashville if you want...it sure ain't better over there... :flower:

Just remember, things could be worse. The DNJ could replace Kreager with me. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I think he tries to do a good job but he just has some biases that show through.

TDC, we have had our disagreements over the years, but I admit that you know your football. You would do a good job.

This was a game that was worth the price of admission to see. Hahhahahahahaah, thank goodness for online though. Blackman's Strickland played the game of his life. What a competitor. He carried the game on his back but came up short.

The old saying is when someone goes down , someone has to step up and Strickland did. This is exactly why it distresses me so much when the press gets ahold of one player ( the train) and comletely focuses on that one kid instead of the surrounding cast. I had remembered that #1 had some nice hands, but that kid has turned into a go-to guy. What a huge talent. He and Strickland sure exploited Riverdale.

Riverdale kicked themselves in the foot over and over but still overcame it to take the win in a very hostile environment. Kudos to Coach A and his staff and boys. Davenport is a total stud. I would hate to have to bring him down. Woodruff.....man oh man.....that kid is amazing.

Edited by 2priceless

I actually kind of like Kreager even if he is a Riverdale homer.

I thought the headline of today's DNJ sports page would be "Blackman takes night off, Mathers rests toe..."

LOL!!!

Riverdale people call him Mather's Public Relations Director and Siegel folks call him an Oakland homer. Krueger does a great job doing a thankless job. Long hours. Odd hours. Tight deadlines due to the DNJ not having their own printing press anymore. Short-staffed due to layoffs by Gannett. We are lucky to have him. He loves high school sports and loves what he does. A lot of folks can't make that claim for their job. Ask some other county's fans around here about their press coverage and its decline the past few years.

I thought the headline of today's DNJ sports page would be "Blackman takes night off, Mathers rests toe..."

LOL!!!

Riverdale people call him Mather's Public Relations Director and Siegel folks call him an Oakland homer. Krueger does a great job doing a thankless job. Long hours. Odd hours. Tight deadlines due to the DNJ not having their own printing press anymore. Short-staffed due to layoffs by Gannett. We are lucky to have him. He loves high school sports and loves what he does. A lot of folks can't make that claim for their job. Ask some other county's fans around here about their press coverage and its decline the past few years.

agreed, kreager was up til after 1am just giving us if the season ended friday all the match ups, i sure couldnt do all that adding 1+ stregth of schdule x division wins - hotdogs served + who has hot chocalete - coke vs pepsi products and the answer is lol

Edited by oldschooldawg30