Riverdale - Blackman

warrior82dad

good game tonight Kreager said the estimated crowd was 4700 I think that is WAY OFF!!!! it was a HUGE CROWD the bleachers were full and it was packed all around the stadium ...

Our defense played good tonight they bent but only broke a few times our offense did really well in the second half and in the first half we were our worst enemy...

I do hope that Mathers is ok and doesnt miss an extended amount of time I am not sure when he got hurt as he was never down after a play I had heard it was turf toe so i hope he has a speedy recovery...

GO WARRIORS

Yea we can't clinch until Oakland loses!

There pretty hype on twitter right now thinking they are going to get the chance to beat us for district champs! Hope a very good Smyrna team isn't overlooked because then it wouldn't matter if they beat us we would still get district!

Let me make one thing perfectly clear: our only thought is avenging the loss in 2010 to Smyrna tommorrow night. We will get our chance to burn down the fighting teepee's in a few weeks.............

Edited by OaklandPatriots

Congrates to Riverdale on a big win. I guess we came up a little short on what we had hoped would be a injury free game. I know some are saying its turf toe, but I really don't think that would have stopped Mathers after all we've watched him play thru. I really hope I'm wrong but I fear it may be the foot. I'm sure we'll know more tomorrow. Lets keep this fine young man in our prayers and hope for the best. :popcorneater:

i maybe wrong but i dont think we clinched just yet

Standings now:

Riverdale (4-0) - Oakland

Oakland (2-1) - at Smyrna and at Riverdale

Blackman (2-2) - at Lavergne - eliminated from district championship race

Siegel (1-2) - Lavergne and Smyrna - eliminated from district championship race

Smyrna (1-2) - Oakland and at Siegel - eliminated from district championship race

Lavergne (0-3) - at Siegel and Blackman

Riverdale's win tonight means they can finish no worse than second. If Oakland loses at Smyrna tomorrow night Riverdale clinches district title.

It was a great game tonight with a great atmosphere from two great crowds. I hate to think what the score may have been if Mathers stayed healthy. I wish he had. He is fun to watch. I am hoping he recovers quickly. Blackman's QB played a whale of a game. What tonight's win helps do is make sure that if the Warriors play him again it will be at Riverdale instead of at Blackman. That might be a fun game to watch if it happens....

Edited by davidlimbaugh