Oak Ridge vs Farragut predictions..

finalsay

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oak Ridge will clinch a play-off berth in this one by improving to 7-1 overall and 4-0 in Region play. I believe that trouble maker Booker will miss another week--I personally think anyone that chokes a girl should be dismissed from the team, but....OR will win behind the play of #s 1 & 11 without the #10.

Final Score: W/O Booker--OR 34, Far 14

With Booker--OR 41, Far 14

Let's get this story straight. Booker didn't choke anyone. One of our lovely young OR ladies hit him in the throat and Booker pushed her off of him into a locker. Probably not smart, but neither is punching someone in the windpipe. OR has a policy that if a "fight" occurs both parties are suspended - in this case (and in most) that didn't happen because a girl was involved. An OR administrator even told Booker he should be able to take it because he's a football player. I'm not sure anyoneone is "tough" enough to take a blow to the windpipe. I wish Cory had responded differently but I don't think most people would stand and take a shot in the throat.

Nevertheless, OR will be fine another week without #11.

Roll Wildcats!

This is addressed to Answer9. Calling somebody a trouble maker and making comments concerning a child in a school discipline case are simply unexceptable. Especially when you don't know the facts. Corey Booker is a nice young man and if you knew anything about him, you would know that this kind of behavior is not the norm for him. Is he a saint? I doubt it but he is a kid. Like Catbooster, I too think that Corey could have acted in another way but to call him a trouble maker is just not true. He is an excellent football player and part of a team of 80+ kids that are having a fine season right now. Jealousy usually causes people to tear down those in society that standout. Talk about me if you wish because I am a adult but don't make false statements about kids. If this were your son or daughter would you want that?

I do not know Corey Booker personally but I have had conversations with Coach Anderson, the Oak Ridge track coach, and he always spoke well of Corey.

I sure would have hated it if the mistakes I made in high school were posted on a message board. Did they even have computers when I was at ORHS? :)

No prediction but I certainly hope the Wildcats sink the Admirals.

~~Go Red Bank and Oak Ridge :)

Steve Palmer

Corey...has made statements on the bus going to games that he is the team and at one time the lineman refused to block for him. He thinks he is all that. He is great football player. However, he is not a team player.....You can say what u want David but those are the facts. This team has no discipline. In the JV game last night ANOTHER UNSPORTSMAN PENALTY! Nothing is done to these kids when they get one of those penlties. My son is on the team and THESE ARE THE FACTS!!!!!