District 1a

Bluengoldblood

Who is district champ this year?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got for district title this year?

Alex, I used to drink alot during basketball season in the late nineties and it wasn't just because I'm an irishman either. We suked so bad the floor was starting to come up in places. Thats how we looked last night. You can definitely tell that Hyden and Potter are no longer on the floor. This team will have to grow up in a hurry if they are going to keep the tradition of the 2000's going. They have to learn to press hard without committing all the silly fouls. Unaka however is starting to look like the Creeker teams of the early 2000's. I guess its all coming full circle again. Thats the way life is; its full of ups and downs.

Crockett beat Unaka 78-73 Thursday. Beat us 93-86 in 4ot's saturday. (our 3rd game in 16 hrs by the way) I think we will be just fine this year. Yes we do lack a little in the height dept., but we make up for it with good help D' and hustle. 0-3 but all 3 losses were to pretty darn good teams(C.Gap,Sull.East,and Crockett) and all were single digit losses. Lots of room for improvement? definatly. But I'm liking the chemistry and attitude of this bunch. Our frosh(Logan and Zach) turned in some quality minutes sat. which will be huge down the road also. You are going to have foul trouble playing our style.(lest we forget Hyden and M.Potter were in foul trouble quite a few times last year)Just goes with the territory. Unaka may very well be the team to beat this year, but the Landers and Dogs aren't that far behind. You think I'm jokin' but I'm not. Whomever comes out of this at years end will be battle tested for sure. :thumb:

Edited by Bluengoldblood

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crockett beat Unaka 78-73 Thursday. Beat us 93-86 in 4ot's saturday. (our 3rd game in 16 hrs by the way) I think we will be just fine this year. Yes we do lack a little in the height dept., but we make up for it with good help D' and hustle. 0-3 but all 3 losses were to pretty darn good teams(C.Gap,Sull.East,and Crockett) and all were single digit losses. Lots of room for improvement? definatly. But I'm liking the chemistry and attitude of this bunch. Our frosh(Logan and Zach) turned in some quality minutes sat. which will be huge down the road also. You are going to have foul trouble playing our style.(lest we forget Hyden and M.Potter were in foul trouble quite a few times last year)Just goes with the territory. Unaka may very well be the team to beat this year, but the Landers and Dogs aren't that far behind. You think I'm jokin' but I'm not. Whomever comes out of this at years end will be battle tested for sure. :thumb:

I'd like for them creekers to think they are the team to beat.......if ya know what i mean. :lol:

Where the heck are the U.H people at?What have you got returning besides the Crowe kid? Any more kids with that type of height and athletisism? Killed West Gr. by 23 and J.Frank White was a blowout also. Just wondering how you fellas are going to figure into this mess.

Its a marathon and wins and loses at this point means absolutely nothing. Its a toss up at best, a key injury could kill any one of the teams. I think its going to be a fun season, but I think it will be a longshot for any of these teams to go to the state.Hope I'm wrong. It sure wouldn't be the 1st time.

Its a marathon and wins and loses at this point means absolutely nothing. Its a toss up at best, a key injury could kill any one of the teams. I think its going to be a fun season, but I think it will be a longshot for any of these teams to go to the state.Hope I'm wrong. It sure wouldn't be the 1st time.

Its hard to tell, but I think we will have one go by the time March rolls around. We'll be pretty good.

Its hard to tell, but I think we will have one go by the time March rolls around. We'll be pretty good.

Lost a tough one in ot to Watauga last night. Dang but we play hard! I'm ready to play a team closer to our classification to see how we match up. (Although I think I have a pretty good idea :thumb: ) Think we are pretty good right now (even at 0-4) Two things that we have to work at are (1) Need to box out a little better, considering we don't have a player over 6'1".(2) Free Throws,Foul Shots,Free Throws,Foul Shots,Free Throws,Foul Shots!!!! Gotta make 'em even when those legs get tired. All in all though, last night was the most complete game we've played against the best team we've played.

Unaka beat a darn good Cherokee team yesterday, picked to finish in the top two in District 2AAA and a 23 game winner from last year.

UH's win over Crockett AT Crockett raises my eyebrow alittle. I do believe they were up by almost 20 at one point.

I would like to see Unaka put together a COMPLETE game.. They had large leads against Crockett and South and blew them, and were down 16 yesterday before they decided to put it in gear.. And a complete game is what they'll need to play if they expect to beat Erwin on Friday night.

Edited by crazzyness

Unaka beat a darn good Cherokee team yesterday, picked to finish in the top two in District 2AAA and a 23 game winner from last year.

UH's win over Crockett AT Crockett raises my eyebrow alittle. I do believe they were up by almost 20 at one point.

I would like to see Unaka put together a COMPLETE game.. They had large leads against Crockett and South and blew them, and were down 16 yesterday before they decided to put it in gear.. And a complete game is what they'll need to play if they expect to beat Erwin on Friday night.

I believe the Ranger press will have the Blue Devils scrambling. I like Unaka in this one after seeing each team twice already.

Our district is powerful every year. I think we are the best conference this side of knoxville. I'd take 4 of our teams and put them up against anybody any day of the week. People the gyms are gonna be full this year. Its gonna be just like 8 years ago when the nemesis creekers were beating everybody and there was lots of talking on here. Ive missed those days

I can understand why district 2 would think that. I'd say that they are getting restless with our district dominating every year. I dont think this year will be any different. Our teams can compete with the good 3A teams around here. Watauga was alley oop dunking and man they looked like a small college team and we took them to ot.