TSSAA strips Signal Mountain of its six wins

signalfire

The principals and AD's pulled Childress aside, away from our AD, and asked him to investigate. None of them nor Childress said a word to our AD at the meeting. Until 10/6, wethought everything was okay. We checked the wrong freakin box on the transfer form. We're stupid. We're learning. Childress just didn't handle it the way they have handled other eligibilty investigations. That's what I am upset about.:twisted:

Sorry bout the earlier comment about reporters being cur.:blush: Seems like the way this was handled differently from other investigations could be a good article for you.:thumb:

I'm not buying the "we checked the wrong box" excuse. Patty Lane has been an athletic director for many years at Central, Howard, and now Signal. I'm sure she has filled out this form before.

Talking to the refs really helped a lot in this one didn't it! :roflol: I've watched the film and the chop block call on the extra point may have been one of the worst calls I've ever seen. The face mask penalty was a joke as well. I'm not saying any of this would have changed the game. Polk has a good team and played a great game. But talking to the refs. :unsure: Pretty weak!

The chop block on the extra point was a textbook chop block. Go back and look at your film. Watch Polk's MLB #35, he was engaged high and then a second lineman took him low, classic chop block. The facemask was tough to see from the film, but I spoke to someone on the Signal sideline that had no dog in the hunt and he said it was blatant. Regardless, the game was over at the time of that call.

The attitude of some of the Signalites posting on here continues to justify the disdain for the football program. Take the medicine you were given and move on. It is a slap on the wrist from what could have happened had they not focused the investigation of one child and FOUND multiple kids who are not zoned for Signal playing there. I am sure if this continues you could likely bring about a full investigation of not just the football but the baseball program as well. Tim was closer to being elligible than others on the team. It has gotten to the point where I have seen postings on both CoachT and TFP where upset parents have gone to the point of putting names and addresses of other kids playing out of "zone/territory". Which were soon removed for obvious reasons. People have had enough, the TSSAA has heard enough. Continue to read the comments on the TFP and you'll find its not the bottom of the mountain calling the programs out but parents perched right there on top who are sick and tired of kids comming from out of the area taking away spots from their kids. The factual rumors had being going around for some time now. And that the cat is out of the bag people are feeling more comforable about calling out the others, now that they know something will be done.

You were good enough to win and be an elite program in the Chattanooga area with just the talent from the mountain. But for some that just wasn't enough.

You are part of the problem! All they need to do is start looking in all the schools across HC and they would fined issues with ineligible players. You've been on a witch hunt ever since this summer and continue to make comments that are simply untrue!

It blows my mind that adults will get on social networks and make comments like they do. Some of the things that have been posted both here and on other boards are evil remarks toward kids! Pitiful!!!

The chop block on the extra point was a textbook chop block. Go back and look at your film. Watch Polk's MLB #35, he was engaged high and then a second lineman took him low, classic chop block. The facemask was tough to see from the film, but I spoke to someone on the Signal sideline that had no dog in the hunt and he said it was blatant. Regardless, the game was over at the time of that call.

I have watched the film many times along with others. Neither player was engaged high on the linebacker. Both blocked him low! Also, if you watch the film closely you will see the ref has his hand in his pocket on the flag has the play begins. :unsure: I'm not sure the game was over when we got the face mask call. Only down 2 with plenty of time to score. Oh wait we did score even after you did. It gave you first down yardage further down in our territory! You still won the game and like I said earlier not sure any of this changes the outcome. :thumb:

THe attitude of some of the Signalites posting on here continues to justify the disdain for the football program. Take the medicine you were given and move on.It is a slap on the wrist from what could have happened had they not focused the investigation of one child and FOUND multiple kids who are note zoned for Signal playing there. I am sure if this continues you could likely bring about a full investigation of not just the football but the base ball program as well. Tim was closer to being elligible than others on the team. It has gotten to the point where I have seen postings on both CoachT and TFP where upset parents have gone to the point of putting names and addresses of other kids playing out of "zone/territory". Which were soon removed for obvious reasons. People have had enough, the TSSAA has heard enough. Continue to read the comments on the TFP and you'll find its not the bottom of the mountain calling the programs out but parents perched right their on top who are sick and tired of kids comming from out of the area taking away spots from their kids.

You were good enough to win and be an elite program in the Chattanooga area with just the talent from the mountain.

There hasn't been one poster from SM on here throwing out other names. Also I think all the poster on here agree that there was a mistake made. Still kinda hard to make sense out of some things that have transpired. Especially from an organization that is supposed to be about the kids.

As for bringing on a full investigation they did a full investigation into this incident and concluded a mistake was made but that mistake was one that would cost us. Funny how everyone then wants to jump on here and say it wasn't a mistake when the people that investigated said it was. Whats also funny and sad is how the TSSAA handled this, hard to prove by anyone that they were thinking about the kids.

As for the TFP, I don't even look at it. There are for more morons on there than there are on here. You have people that haven't ever been to a football game in their lives on there posting. You also have people that are not from SM that are on there airing their dirty laundry with whatever team/program they think has wronged them. Even Dr B off the local Sport Talk said he has talked to a few coaches around the area and they are concerned and said this is going to open a can of worms. There are hardship kids all over Hamilton County some NCLB and some just plain Hardships. These kids are in the schools they have been assigned too. We as fans might not like it but it is what it is. Is any of it done improperly? I don't know. But I do know there has to be a reason for HCDE to grant a hardship and it isn't because a coach calls and says I want this kid let him come.

As for the baseball program. Indian came on and said last night there were comments on the TFP. Who really cares baseball is a long way away and to accuse them of wrong doing now just shows what people will do. Heck we don't even know who the players will be.

Last thing. SM has been under constant attack for the past two years. Anything that goes on at SM is front page news. I would say only one other Hamilton County school received anything close to the attention that SM has and that's Hixson. I was amazed to find that neither of these schools was listed as a failing school with all the problems the media has made you believe exist. Then there are others on the failing list that have had the same issues and yet it doesn't make news headlines. Maybe the schools on the failing list need the same media attention so they can cleanup their acts and get off the failing list.

I'm not buying the "we checked the wrong box" excuse. Patty Lane has been an athletic director for many years at Central, Howard, and now Signal. I'm sure she has filled out this form before.

CoachK, we are not asking you or anyone else to but anything. Here is a quote for you “Whoever at Signal Mountain filled out the online transfer form made a mistake,†Childress said. Even the TSSAA admits there was a mistake, and it is a simple box to check. But again we are not asking you to buy anything.

Oh, there are plenty of other coaches in the area that are buying it and some are a little uncomfortable about this ruling. But you don't have to buy this either. :roflolk:

You are part of the problem! All they need to do is start looking in all the schools across HC and they would fined issues with ineligible players. You've been on a witch hunt ever since this summer and continue to make comments that are simply untrue!

It blows my mind that adults will get on social networks and make comments like they do. Some of the things that have been posted both here and on other boards are evil remarks toward kids! Pitiful!!!

Which part is untrue? The comment in which you have other kids not zoned for your school, not hardshiped that are playing for your school. If that is the case then I would like to introduce to a friend of mine who I bumped into and was given the information that there is a kid who lives in Red Bank who is currently playing for Signal. Who son who was standing with him and happens to be pretty good friends with said kid also confirmed this. They are both pretty involved with Red Banks programs. There was a name, address, parents name as well as church attended that was posted on the TFP about a youth who lived in Sequatchie who is playing for Signal. I could not verify this because you do not have a current roster for this years team. The post was taken down shortly after posting by the TFP because of the DETAILED information. I will not post names or numbers on this or any other thread.

Are there other kids not going to approved schools that live out of zone, absolutely. Its just not as obvious as your situation.

Now if you are talking about there being talented kids on Signal Mountain and you not needed to bring other kids in to win.......that part was speculation, I was giving you the benefit of the doubt.

I am tired of the "everyone else is doing it too" excuse. What my mother always asked many, many, many moons ago still applies today. If everyone jumped off a bridge, would you? I am sad to see the vitriol toward my community, but it seems that the addition of this school to the mountain and with it a winning sports program has brought out the worst in everyone. It is discouraging to hear my neighbors taunt and tease about sore losers when they seem to be unable to win with grace. I was once upset that my children did not have a mountain school to attend and I had to send them off the mountain. I was glad to contribute to the funds to build the high school. After seeing the changes in the attitudes of the community and the divisions it has brought between neighbors (I witnesses a verbal war between a SMMHS parent and a parent who chose McCallie for his son the other day), I am pleased my children graduated before SMMHS.

I am tired of the "everyone else is doing it too" excuse. What my mother always asked many, many, many moons ago still applies today. If everyone jumped off a bridge, would you? I am sad to see the vitriol toward my community, but it seems that the addition of this school to the mountain and with it a winning sports program has brought out the worst in everyone. It is discouraging to hear my neighbors taunt and tease about sore losers when they seem to be unable to win with grace. I was once upset that my children did not have a mountain school to attend and I had to send them off the mountain. I was glad to contribute to the funds to build the high school. After seeing the changes in the attitudes of the community and the divisions it has brought between neighbors (I witnesses a verbal war between a SMMHS parent and a parent who chose McCallie for his son the other day), I am pleased my children graduated before SMMHS.

And we are too! :thumb:

That is true,, and I'll give you that,,, you didn't knock anybody out, looks like you played cupcakes,, And you would have kept Seq. Co out, but they seem to have decided to get to the playoffs with off the field tactics.

LAst thing from Charlie Murphy..... I was at the Polk game Friday night and I will say, other than the tiem out call, it was a normal, hard fought, loud, competitive game with alot of class form both sides players and fans. I look forward to going up the mountain next year!

Thanks for a nice word. Sequatchie would almost certainly be in regardless, based on wins. They have a good team this year

I always have had an option. Go take your own pile over the the Greenville vs SM thread and the Polk County thread. As far as Grider goes, I suspect he would raise more than an eyebrow if he had a kid wanting to play that had to ride by multiple school zones to get there. :roflol:

Yep he had to go through two school zones before getting to ours and he started in another one. Lets review his school zone route. Start Brainerd go through Howard then go through Red Bank and finally get to a non-failing Signal Mountain. Funny the three he touches before getting to ours are all failing schools.

Maybe he should have stayed on I-24 and gone to Lookout Valley or on Hwy 27 and gone to Soddy. Oh, wait they are both on the failing schools too. He could have requested a hardship to EH but they are far more over crowded than SM. Could have just gone to Ooltewah with the other 130 Brainerd kids but it was decided by his parent and HCDE for reasons that are not mine or anyone else's business.

Heck I can't even tell you who Brainerd is paired with as it isn't even listed on the online NCLB form. Guess Hamilton County has so many failing schools they ran out of room to add another one. Besides even if Brainerd were paired with SM the TSSAA still says that's out of our territory, therefore making it a hardship. Hence, other coaches are a bit nervous with this ruling.