TSSAA strips Signal Mountain of its six wins

signalfire

100+ students managed to get to Ooltewah from the Brainerd zone even if the form didn't have the destination school listed, I doubt it would have been a problem had the family wanted Ooltewah.

LOL I responded at the same time. It wasn't a problem just kinda funny Hamilton County can't even get their forms right. Good thing the TSSAA does. :roflol:

Seems reasonable enough. Mom: "My son lives a mile away from Brainerd. But it would be a real hardship for him to attend school there. Got anywhere else?" School Board: "Well, we have Ooltewah, a few miles away." Mom: "That would be a hardship too." School Board: "How about Howard, that's downtown." Mom: "Hardship." School Board: "Well, all we have left is Signal Mountain. But to get there, he's gotta go downtown, cross the Tennessee River, climb that mountain, and drive deep into the woods. It's a good 40 minutes from your house, if there's no traffic." Mom: "Now that's NOT a hardship!"

Seems reasonable enough. Mom: "My son lives a mile away from Brainerd. But it would be a real hardship for him to attend school there. Got anywhere else?" School Board: "Well, we have Ooltewah, a few miles away." Mom: "That would be a hardship too." School Board: "How about Howard, that's downtown." Mom: "Hardship." School Board: "Well, all we have left is Signal Mountain. But to get there, he's gotta go downtown, cross the Tennessee River, climb that mountain, and drive deep into the woods. It's a good 40 minutes from your house, if there's no traffic." Mom: "Now that's NOT a hardship!"

NICE post Mr B. just wondering do the buzzards offer car pooling at the bottom of the mnt. i get lost looking for the school. got turned around on the backside and headed down to soddy daisy. :blink::roflol:

Wow this hasn't been posted before. You are so smart. Not!!! Brainerd failing school, Howard failing school. So Ooltewah or SM. Ooltewah is 15 miles away and SM is 16 miles away and one is the top preforming school in the county. But it wasn't an issue of distance there were reasons they chose SM and HCDE agreed with them. If HCDE hadn't agreed with them he would be going somewhere else. So why not direct your anger about him attending SM toward them. The Administration/coaches of SM sure didn't approve his hardship.

Wow this hasn't been posted before. You are so smart. Not!!! Brainerd failing school, Howard failing school. So Ooltewah or SM. Ooltewah is 15 miles away and SM is 16 miles away and one is the top preforming school in the county. But it wasn't an issue of distance there were reasons they chose SM and HCDE agreed with them. If HCDE hadn't agreed with them he would be going somewhere else. So why not direct your anger about him attending SM toward them. The Administration/coaches of SM sure didn't approve his hardship.

Im a old man,this stuff has been going on before i was in school.I got out in 1982,thats almost thirty years.Schools,coaches and parents have been trying to get around,these rules for a long time.....So you can not tell me that your Administration/AD and coaches do not know these rules inside out and how they work.....Man up and stop trying to put it on someone else, its on SM and SM only........I already told ya how the zone, territory thing work.The HCDE hardship is for going to school not playing sports,SM KNOWS THIS....The tssaa is for sports only one does not over ride the other.

Edited by lancer10

Im a old man,this stuff has been going on before i was in school.I got out in 1982,thats almost thirty years.Schools,coaches and parents have been trying to get around,these rules for a long time.....So you can not tell me that your Administration/AD and coaches do not know these rules inside out and how they work.....Man up and stop trying to put it on someone else, its on SM and SM only........I already told ya how the zone, territory thing work.The HCDE hardship is for going to school not playing sports,SM KNOWS THIS....The tssaa is for sports only one does not over ride the other.

Wasn't talking about his eligibility. They were complaining about him coming to SM and that's a HCDE thing not SM. As for the eligibility issue that is a SM and TSSAA issue.