Tenn.High at Dobyns-Bennett

dbFAN91

And what do guys think about the onside kick in the first half? Did DB touch the ball? I thought they had several players go inside the ten yards. If the Vikings were the only ones who touched the ball I can understand the ruling, but if one of the DB players touched it shouldn't it have been the Vikings ball regardless of whether it went 10 yards? This was the second time in the last three games where Tennessee has recovered an onside kick only for the refs to stand around and give possession to the other team.

Edited by THSVikings2004

And what do guys think about the onside kick in the first half? Did DB touch the ball? I thought they had several players go inside the ten yards. If the Vikings were the only ones who touched the ball I can understand the ruling, but if one of the DB players touched it shouldn't it have been the Vikings ball regardless of whether it went 10 yards? This was the second time in the last three games where Tennessee has recovered an onside kick only for the refs to stand around and give possession to the other team.

I was expecting TH to try it because they were not slowing DB down at the time and had some "MO" on offense.I couldn't see who touched it first.I think if TH did,the rule gives it to us nomatter "if it was less then ten yards".

Edited by BatmanDB

The sloppiest part of this game was the officiating! These guys are the biggest bunch of Clowns I have ever seen... and you can't even say they were calling it for DB or THS. They were just bad for the game... period. Especially the round one with the white hat. He has made at least two blatantly bad calls EVERY game I have seen him participated in dating back to when my kids were playing. How does he keep his job!?????????? This game went pretty much as expected. Our QB is the Tony Romo of the Big 8... it goes one of two ways with him and that's very good or VERY bad, with the ladder being the majority. I think we played the reigning champs better than anyone in the Big 8 has to date by holding them to 2 offensive TDs in the first half, and only one in the second. But THS will never see their potential until they are able to limit the turnovers by the QB. Looking at the other players on the team after the third INT... you couldn't help but feel for them because they fight so hard game after game only to see it literally handed away... game after game. But I'll let that go at that unless... well... you know........ If someone wants to dispute what I say. :popcorneater: Anyway..... I saw some spectacular plays by the two studs from the Tribe. The catch by #6 in the first quarter was next level quality in anybodies book!!!! And the punt return by #8 was one of the most exciting plays I've seen since my son has graduated. :roflolk: Great individual effort on that return, but even better team effort until the ROUND ONE called it back on a sissy block in the back that had nothing to do with the play. I have to admit I enjoy watching DB play (It brings back memories), but I LOVE the back and forth with the over confident DB fans on CoachT more. :hungry: Good luck with the GREAT WALL IN BLOUNT COUNTY this year. :thumb:

Edited by Cap1

I was expecting TH to try it because they were not slowing DB down at the time and had some "MO" on offense.I couldn't see who touched it first.I think if TH did,the rule gives it to us nomatter "if it was less then ten yards".

I was wondering because if the receiving team can touch the ball within 10 yards and not even have possession at the end of the kick then it's kind of pointless to even kick the way they did. Maybe they should avoid that from now on unless they can consistently kick it further than 10 yards.

The sloppiest part of this game was the officiating! These guys are the biggest bunch of Clowns I have ever seen... and you can't even say they were calling it for DB or THS. They were just bad for the game... period. Especially the round one with the white hat. He has made at least two blatantly bad calls EVERY game I have seen him participated in dating back to when my kids were playing. How does he keep his job!?????????? This game went pretty much as expected. Our QB is the Tony Romo of the Big 8... it goes one of two ways with him and that's very good or VERY bad, with the ladder being the majority. I think we played the reigning champs better than anyone in the Big 8 has to date by holding them to 2 offensive TDs in the first half, and only one in the second. But THS will never see their potential until they are able to limit the turnovers by the QB. Looking at the other players on the team after the third INT... you couldn't help but feel for them because they fight so hard game after game only to see it literally handed away... game after game. But I'll let that go at that unless... well... you know........ If someone wants to dispute what I say. :popcorneater: Anyway..... I saw some spectacular plays by the two studs from the Tribe. The catch by #6 in the first quarter was next level quality in anybodies book!!!! And the punt return by #8 was one of the most exciting plays I've seen since my son has graduated. :roflolk: Great individual effort on that return, but even better team effort until the ROUND ONE called it back on a sissy block in the back that had nothing to do with the play. I have to admit I enjoy watching DB play (It brings back memories), but I LOVE the back and forth with the over confident DB fans on CoachT more. :hungry: Good luck with the GREAT WALL IN BLOUNT COUNTY this year. :thumb:

I may be wrong,but I think you got the 6 and 8 turned around,but still two great plays.

Especially the round one with the white hat.

I liked how he knocked the DB running back down with his belly. The announcer credited AL with the tackle.:D

I saw some spectacular plays by the two studs from the Tribe. The catch by #6 in the first quarter was next level quality in anybodies book!!!!

Agree that was an excellent catch

Edited by THSVikings2004

I was wondering because if the receiving team can touch the ball within 10 yards and not even have possession at the end of the kick then it's kind of pointless to even kick the way they did. Maybe they should avoid that from now on unless they can consistently kick it further than 10 yards.

If we had touched it first,then you could have got the ball.I really thought it was worth the try at the time for your team however.

If we had touched it first,then you could have got the ball.I really thought it was worth the try at the time for your team however.

DB touched it first inside 10 yards. It bounced off the DB players pads and was a live ball recovered by THS. BAD CALL!!! But It worked in our favor because the team got fired up because they all knew it was... once again... a blatantly bad call by The Round One. :roflol:

DB touched it first inside 10 yards. It bounced off the DB players pads and was a live ball recovered by THS. BAD CALL!!! But It worked in our favor because the team got fired up because they all knew it was... once again... a blatantly bad call by The Round One. :roflol:

I'm glad TH got fired up,but wish they would have started that way to give us a tougher game.Your coach had some nads on several plays and I thought he didn't leave a lot back in Bristol.Just too many mistakes and some great plays by our athletes that caused some of them.That was about the third return by Long and Nick almost had two during the game right before his pick 6.You don't see many 275 to 290 pound guys make those kinds of plays.He is still young and has time to chisel into a very very special athlete,and I have predicted that for several years now.You will see him on saturdays without a doubt.

I'm glad TH got fired up,but wish they would have started that way to give us a tougher game.Your coach had some nads on several plays and I thought he didn't leave a lot back in Bristol.Just too many mistakes and some great plays by our athletes that caused some of them.That was about the third return by Long and Nick almost had two during the game right before his pick 6.You don't see many 275 to 290 pound guys make those kinds of plays.He is still young and has time to chisel into a very very special athlete,and I have predicted that for several years now.You will see him on saturdays without a doubt.

It was a great play, and not to take anything away from it but all he had to do was catch the ball... it hit him in the chest.