Maryville vs Farragut

sports19

Upset Possible?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

What a "classy" post Pepvol.

Just as long as I didn't offend you .....

A shame that a Maryville fan decided to put the focus somewhere else , other than where it should be , and that's the fact that Maryville really is becoming a great team . While walking to one of the porta john's last night at the game ( I was totally offended by the smell of this porta john by the way ) I could hear the Maryville team hollering and screaming in the locker room when all of a sudden they popped out and I saw just how fired up they were .... I didn't see a team that was overconfident , I saw a team that was out to prove something . It amazes me that our coaches can week in and week out have our young men so focused and ready to play .

Our young men are definitely buying in to all of the traditions, prestige and history that is Maryville high school football . Coach Quarles and these fine young men have never " embarrassed " me , and neither have the students that are out there supporting their team and looking for ways to express themselves . Thank God we live in a country where we do still have some Freedoms left in our lives . The only thing that could of made the scene better last night was a good old fashioned Prayer before the game ... too bad because of just a few people who are " offended " by that we no longer have that right either .

A shame that a Maryville fan decided to put the focus somewhere else , other than where it should be , and that's the fact that Maryville really is becoming a great team . While walking to one of the porta john's last night at the game ( I was totally offended by the smell of this porta john by the way ) I could hear the Maryville team hollering and screaming in the locker room when all of a sudden they popped out and I saw just how fired up they were .... I didn't see a team that was overconfident , I saw a team that was out to prove something . It amazes me that our coaches can week in and week out have our young men so focused and ready to play .

Our young men are definitely buying in to all of the traditions, prestige and history that is Maryville high school football . Coach Quarles and these fine young men have never " embarrassed " me , and neither have the students that are out there supporting their team and looking for ways to express themselves . Thank God we live in a country where we do still have some Freedoms left in our lives . The only thing that could of made the scene better last night was a good old fashioned Prayer before the game ... too bad because of just a few people who are " offended " by that we no longer have that right either .

This was another classy post from a classy man. GQ is a class act. I have heard that this is GQ's best team ever.

This was another classy post from a classy man. GQ is a class act. I have heard that this is GQ's best team ever.

Your source is Mark Packer I see lol :roflol:

This team has a chance to be one of George's better teams as long as they stay focused , but I think they still have a ways to go to being better than the 1998 , 2002 , 2005 , and maybe even the 2006 teams were . Mark Packer enjoys trying to add extra pressure to Maryville with his ill informed views ( just like you) , but I think it's gonna take a lot more than this to make Maryville lose focus .

Your source is Mark Packer I see lol :roflol:

This team has a chance to be one of George's better teams as long as they stay focused , but I think they still have a ways to go to being better than the 1998 , 2002 , 2005 , and maybe even the 2006 teams were . Mark Packer enjoys trying to add extra pressure to Maryville with his ill informed views ( just like you) , but I think it's gonna take a lot more than this to make Maryville lose focus .

Mark Packer flat out loves GQ! You don't think he does? That is all he talks about! He also loves Stanton Stevens!

Yes, I'm from here. Are you? I went to Maryville schools K-12. I played with dozens of flags in the stands, and I could see the discomfort it caused for a certain segment. I read in the Daily Times the thoughtful words of Carl Stewart, and how the flag affected him. It really should be a forgotten tradition at this point. If you want to put it on a bumper sticker on the back of your pickup, that's fine. But you are a fool if you think that it doesn't have a negative impact on our football and athletic programs. Every flag that is brought to one of our games has a negative impact. I often wonder how many minority students with the choice of schools choose Maryville. Sitting here I can't remember the last one that came into MHS from somewhere else.

You worry about the traditions at your alma mater & I'll worry about them at mine.

With all due respect , I will worry or concern myself with or about whatever I choose to. I support the MARYVILLE program from top to bottom and I have vested interests in doing so. Ignorance of the facts is no excuse and I am also tired of the PC crap and I will not back up, PERIOD. There is nothing lawfully written that gives any of us the right NOT to be offended. If you do not like then leave or exercise your prerogatives and do something. As far as GUILLERMO goes he transferred here from N.C. because his step father is in the ministry and was called to a local church here in MARYVILLE. ROBINETTE'S situation has been beaten to death. The fact of the matter is that these boys have great leadership and role models which are greatly needed by boys and young men especially in this time of their lives. These boys work extremely hard and dedicate themselves to something bigger than themselves and thus they learn valuable lessons and skills about life. I have heard GQ say many times to his CHAMPIONS ,"Do not let this be the best thing that ever happens to you in life." So to all you haters out there , inside the walls and out , keep on hating because the boys feed on it. And all that hate just proves that MARYVILLE is the measuring stick.

You are such a child , a sarcastic little child , spoiled little brat that feels he has no significance in his life so he aggravates and geodes those that he so desperately wants to be like. You should have grown out of that in 7th or 8th grade. My pity goes out to you...

Edited by GREYRIDER

We do have the right we just need to exercise it.

We do have the right we just need to exercise it.

I'm talking about a nice Prayer led by someone over the Loudspeaker , like we got to hear last week at Catholic . It won't be long till we're named the Maryville tulips .... unless that offends someone who doesn't like that Flower of course .... lol

Ya we'll be able to wave our Flags too ... as long as you do it in your spare bedroom closet with the lights turned out and no one knows about it .

Oldrebel , I love your posts on here , and I really do not want to offend you . You have a right to your opinion and I would never want to try and tell you you can't think or do something . I just don't agree that making a new rule and outlawing something every time someone is offended is what our country and freedom is all about . We've had a lot of young men give their lives to protect our freedom to voice whatever opinion , or wave any flag that we want to in our great Country we live in .

You are such a child , a sarcastic little child , spoiled little brat that feels he has no significance in his life so he aggravates and geodes those that he so desperately wants to be like. You should have grown out of that in 7th or 8th grade. My pity goes out to you...

Save your pity... I can always tell when I have won whn you start name calling! One Know, I just thought about this Old rebel is right.. You are as much of a troll on the Maryville threads as I am! Pepvol says that it is because you have envy..

Save your pity... I can always tell when I have won whn you start name calling! One Know, I just thought about this Old rebel is right.. You are as much of a troll on the Maryville threads as I am! Pepvol says that it is because you have envy..

Just calling it as I see it blade. You have not won anything and I certainly envy you not. Like I said 1st set stairs row 19 seat A - D.

• Upvote 1