Maryville vs Farragut

sports19

Upset Possible?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

Wow. Maryville just has an awesome team. Farragut has a pretty good team and Maryville just demolished them.

Congrats to the Rebs. I don't see how any team in Tennessee is going to beat you this year.

I wonder just what it is that makes Maryville so good and head and shoulders above the rest of East Tennessee year after year. Is it Quarrles that is making the difference or what? I know he's a great coach, but is he that much better than every other coach in the area? Is it better development at the youth football level? Surely the kids in Maryville aren't that much different physically than the rest of the area.

Nevertheless, you just can't argue the fact that Maryville is king of Tennessee high school football.

• Upvote 1

Wow. Maryville just has an awesome team. Farragut has a pretty good team and Maryville just demolished them.

Congrats to the Rebs. I don't see how any team in Tennessee is going to beat you this year.

I wonder just what it is that makes Maryville so good and head and shoulders above the rest of East Tennessee year after year. Is it Quarrles that is making the difference or what? I know he's a great coach, but is he that much better than every other coach in the area? Is it better development at the youth football level? Surely the kids in Maryville aren't that much different physically than the rest of the area.

Nevertheless, you just can't argue the fact that Maryville is king of Tennessee high school football.

I think Riverdale will hang with them for one quarter. Nobody gets within 21 points of Maryville in the playoffs.

I've been hearing, "this could be a good game Friday night, FHS could really give Maryville a run," this week. I just don't see it happening.

Also, I was extremely embarrassed for the program seeing the students with the rebel flags @ KCHS. I'm over that.

Exactly what was it about the kids waving the REBEL flags that made you "extremely embarrassed"? You are "The Rebels", after all. Are you from Here? If you are from here and still made that comment, that makes me "extremely embarrassed", and I am not even a Rebel fan. If you are just a transplanted yankee, then you are forgiven, because I would not have expected any different. I don't know each student that was waving the flags, but I would wager heavily that not one of them meant anything negative by waving it. I know quite a few Rebel fans and I can say that the ones I know, do not share your opinion on this subject.

I've been hearing, "this could be a good game Friday night, FHS could really give Maryville a run," this week. I just don't see it happening.

Also, I was extremely embarrassed for the program seeing the students with the rebel flags tee@ KCHS. I'm over that.

really now... Then don't look at it. Edited by GREYRIDER

Sweetscience, my point was not to compare FHS and OR's lifetime records. It was to point out that at a point not too long ago Farragut had a mental block when it came to OR since no one on the team had beaten OR at any level. That is not the case anymore with OR, but is the case with Maryville. Sorry you're so sensitive.

I will say it will take a monumental effort on Farragut's part to win. It would also help if Maryville would help us out a little bit. Hopefully our Knox Co Referee Association will look kindly on us tonight and not let the Maryville mystique overshadow their sworn duty to allow us a victory.

hahah not sensitive, just making a point. :)

It is definitely the youth football development FHS. They have a youth program second to none. And having GQ and crew and a few D1 prospects doesn't hurt either. Taking nothing away, but 2 of their best players i hear aren't original Maryvillians? I hear Robinette is from Knoxville and Guillermo is from south carolina or some other state? I heard the Robinette wasn't from Maryville by a actual Maryville fan, so i am not making that one up. Maybe a Maryville fan can set me straight on that one? Just what i have heard. Either way, Maryville is awesome, no denying that. And, i don't see anybody beating them, or really competing with them for that matter. If OR plays them again i hope we have #15 playing so we can at least not get embarrassed lol

Edited by SweetScience