Maryville vs Farragut

sports19

Upset Possible?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

What in the world is wrong with everyone this year , first we have supposed Rebel fans embarrassed by the Heritage score , now we have a Maryville fan soooo embarrassed by our kids waving a flag .

I guess that's better than being embarrassed our football team or our coaches....

The negative nabobs have to find something to complain about, or as they say now...

HATERS HAVE TO HATE!

Congratulations REBELS on a great preseason...two more games until the real season begins!

It was to point out that at a point not too long ago Farragut had a mental block when it came to OR since no one on the team had beaten OR at any level. That is not the case anymore with OR, but is the case with Maryville.

STARPOWER eye don't no abowt enny "mental" blocks...Butt eye did see a few "pancake" blocks out thair that haid a lot two do wif Mairvul winnin' tha gaim....

Edited by STARSNBARS

I've been hearing, "this could be a good game Friday night, FHS could really give Maryville a run," this week. I just don't see it happening.

Also, I was extremely embarrassed for the program seeing the students with the rebel flags @ KCHS. I'm over that.

I am extremely embarrassed for YOU, and your lack of knowledge of the TRUE meaning of the Southern flag of tyranny, Cross of St Andrews. :bored:

I am proud of the students that show school pride and support our team. Recently there has been too many fun things taken from them. We no longer have homecoming or a homecoming queen, pep rally's are no where near what they once were. No noise makers allowed at the games and I have even heard talk of doing away with Alcoa week and the Rebel run and heaven forbid if our cheerleaders were actually allowed to actually dance! I believe that the students are looking at a way to express themselves and have fun. If waving a flag supporting your team on Friday nights offends people then I just think its too bad. These are teens that want to be able to express their support for their team other than setting in the stands and clapping. I would much rather see kids having fun at a ball game and supporting their school than doing a lot of other things that they could be doing.

GO REBELS!

Edited by raginrebel

Patton Robinette lives in Maryville. The only reason he went to Heritage Middle and Alcoa Middle is his dad worked at those schools.

Maryville was awesome last night. Defense was sensational. May be the defenses best effort of the year. I thought Maryville could light Farraguts defense up but I didn't think the defense could shut Farragut down like they did.I thought the defense could slow Farragut down but the defense shut them down big time.

Offense was a machine. The most amazing stat of all is Maryville has just punted 7 times this year. A lot of times Maryville plays younger kids in the 2nd half of games and they still just punted 7 times.

Yes, I'm from here. Are you? I went to Maryville schools K-12. I played with dozens of flags in the stands, and I could see the discomfort it caused for a certain segment. I read in the Daily Times the thoughtful words of Carl Stewart, and how the flag affected him. It really should be a forgotten tradition at this point. If you want to put it on a bumper sticker on the back of your pickup, that's fine. But you are a fool if you think that it doesn't have a negative impact on our football and athletic programs. Every flag that is brought to one of our games has a negative impact. I often wonder how many minority students with the choice of schools choose Maryville. Sitting here I can't remember the last one that came into MHS from somewhere else.

You worry about the traditions at your alma mater & I'll worry about them at mine.

I agree with your post about Greyrider.. But I will say this, If we start banning flags your right to speak will be the next thing to be banned JMO.

Edited by bladerunner

I really hope that someone doesn't decide that they are now offended by Old Farts coming to the games ..... I'm so sick of political correctness being shoved down my throat , and as far as Carl goes , love him to death , but my opinion means just as much as his does and maybe Carl should just lighten up along with you and anyone else determined to take more rights away from all of us , and realize that those young Maryville fans out there waving those flags are not racists , and they're not even thinking about slavery , or the civil war ..... till you guys keep bringing it up . Geez , oldrebel , maybe you need to change your name then , aren't you worried about offending anyone ? Ok to be called oldrebel , but we gotta burn the Rebel flags ...... wow

What in the world is wrong with everyone this year , first we have supposed Rebel fans embarrassed by the Heritage score , now we have a Maryville fan soooo embarrassed by our kids waving a flag .

What a "classy" post Pepvol.

I really hope that someone doesn't decide that they are now offended by Old Farts coming to the games ..... I'm so sick of political correctness being shoved down my throat , and as far as Carl goes , love him to death , but my opinion means just as much as his does and maybe Carl should just lighten up along with you and anyone else determined to take more rights away from all of us , and realize that those young Maryville fans out there waving those flags are not racists , and they're not even thinking about slavery , or the civil war ..... till you guys keep bringing it up . Geez , oldrebel , maybe you need to change your name then , aren't you worried about offending anyone ? Ok to be called oldrebel , but we gotta burn the Rebel flags ...... wow

High five to you Pep, I could not agree more. No one has meant anything negative by doing this and if it has effected a kid on the field negatively, it is because some so called adult has shoved that way of thinking upon the kid. We have given up rights and backed up and let people shove political correctness upon us until, I too, am sick and tired of backing up.