Maryville vs Farragut

sports19

Upset Possible?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

If you can't understand that the HHS score was not running it up then you don't know much about football.

I'm obviously not the expert like many of the posters on here. But I remember a few years ago when J. Reid was saying the same thing while alcoa was scoring too many. I didn't like it then either.

Maryville is a very very good football team, and they have one of the best offensive lines I've ever seen at this level. Farragut has to play a perfect game to win tonight, and I hope they do just that. Farragut's defense has surprised me all year, and I hope that streak continues tonight. Picking with my heart and not my head this week. King wins it with a last second field goal!

Maryville-31

Farragut-34

It will be hard for Farragut to overcome years of frustration at the hands of Maryville. As you know confidence is so important to high schoolers. I don't think any of the current players have beaten Maryville at any level, so Farragut will need some good things to happen early in the game (big plays, turnovers, etc.) if they hope to compete with The Evil Empire. If your an old enough Farragut fan you can remember some quality wins over Maryville in the 90's. OR used to have a stranglehold on Farragut, but now the kids just assume they'll beat OR, no big deal.

Also I love it when Maryville folks get on here and talk about how classless other fans are. I've sat by plenty of Maryville fans over the years, and they're no better, or worse, than other fans.

It will be hard for Farragut to overcome years of frustration at the hands of Maryville. As you know confidence is so important to high schoolers. I don't think any of the current players have beaten Maryville at any level, so Farragut will need some good things to happen early in the game (big plays, turnovers, etc.) if they hope to compete with The Evil Empire. If your an old enough Farragut fan you can remember some quality wins over Maryville in the 90's. OR used to have a stranglehold on Farragut, but now the kids just assume they'll beat OR, no big deal.

Also I love it when Maryville folks get on here and talk about how classless other fans are. I've sat by plenty of Maryville fans over the years, and they're no better, or worse, than other fans.

Well, historically OR still has a stranglehold on Farragut lol...These past 5 or 6 years haven't been good for OR in the series, but we still hold a DEMANDING lead in the series. Farragut only has about 10 wins in 36 tries bud :) And that is with your recent success. Yall only had about 4 wins against us till recently. Series OR-26 Farr-10 :thumb:

Edited by SweetScience

WHO ARE YOU!!!!!

Do you feel that the majority of the Maryville fans agree that hanging 63 on a weaker team is ok? I know you can't speak for others but just give me the number based on the people that you know. Do the coaches think that is ok to do this?

I am very intersted in this.

I haven't spoken to anybody in town who has had a problem with it, and that includes Heritage fans/parents. The fact of the matter remains that Maryville pulled their 1's, and then their 2's. The last touchdown was a run up the middle by the 4th or 5th string RB. A good coach is simply not going to ask a kid, who pretty much never sees the field except for a scout team, to lay down at the end of a game. There was a running clock and HHS had the opportunity to slow the game down. Maryville certainly slowed the game down without actually quitting.

I haven't spoken to anybody in town who has had a problem with it, and that includes Heritage fans/parents. The fact of the matter remains that Maryville pulled their 1's, and then their 2's. The last touchdown was a run up the middle by the 4th or 5th string RB. A good coach is simply not going to ask a kid, who pretty much never sees the field except for a scout team, to lay down at the end of a game. There was a running clock and HHS had the opportunity to slow the game down. Maryville certainly slowed the game down without actually quitting.

Interesting.. I played for some good coaches. And we played some really bad teams that we could have ran up 63 on.. But we didn't..

I was just curious.

Interesting.. I played for some good coaches. And we played some really bad teams that we could have ran up 63 on.. But we didn't..

I was just curious.

And Maryville has played plenty of other teams that we could have put up similar points. The HHS score was an anomaly that rarely occurs with GQ. The score was more a result of the early & defensive scoring. A lot of short fields & quick points. Run right & run left @ the end of the game was obviously not an attempt to score.

Do you think the RB should have been instructed to take a fall before the endzone?