Maryville vs Farragut

sports19

Upset Possible?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

oldrebel....I think someone forgot to tell the young "African American" rebel fan at the Farragut game Friday night, who was carrying the flag on a pole, that he should feel uncomfortable.....

Also I guess that I should not continue to support the City of Maryville sponsored "Foothills Fall Festival" 100% any longer either???....At last year's Fall Festival, Lynyrd Skynyrd had a confederate flag attached to a microphone stand (or pole if you prefer)....Ironically, I saw a few current and former city school board members and other city officials on the crowd cam and in attendence, enjoying the show and appearing to support Lynyrd Skynyrd (with the confederate flag attached to their microphone stand)....It appeared to me that they were "100%" behind the production.....

You know when stars starts writing normal, he means business :thumb:

Edited by SweetScience

I think at this point the quality of the team Maryville faces is completely secondary. Maryville has reached a level where the only thing that determines the outcome is how well Maryville plays. They are better at every position than almost every team they play.

This is the first time I'll come out and say the Farragut play calling was terrible. Obviously going in Farragut was a pretty good underdog, so you'd think they would let it hang out a little. First quarter they did a good job of using the hot passes to get Maryville out of their cover 2 then never really went back to it the rest of the game. They stayed with their zone running plays and tired rollout plays. I wonder how much the Farragut OC's mentor being in the other sideline had to do with it. I generally support Sweetland's game plan in staying with what you're good at, and within the what the kids are comfortable with, but you can't beat Maryville trying to do what Maryville does better. Hopefully we won't have to worry about what to do against Maryville again for a month or so.

Coming from a great program doesn't make for a great coach, ya it can help but after watching the out put of Farragut's offense Friday night I think your right starpower, Farragut has some kids playing out of position the Rule kid is a great player and should be used in a position that lets him be a player and you guys get a Qb that can throw the ball and manage the offense, not sure how many times your Qb ran Friday but that type of game plan against a good team will not work, I have seen Farragut three times this year and for the most part it looked the same all three times, a team like Maryville develops players within the team not the team around a player there for you have allot of different things that can be done, watching the game Friday night showed this so well, thats the biggest difference in those two programs.

oldrebel....I think someone forgot to tell the young "African American" rebel fan at the Farragut game Friday night, who was carrying the flag on a pole, that he should feel uncomfortable.....

Also I guess that I should not continue to support the City of Maryville sponsored "Foothills Fall Festival" 100% any longer either???....At last year's Fall Festival, Lynyrd Skynyrd had a confederate flag attached to a microphone stand (or pole if you prefer)....Ironically, I saw a few current and former city school board members and other city officials on the crowd cam and in attendence, enjoying the show and appearing to support Lynyrd Skynyrd (with the confederate flag attached to their microphone stand)....It appeared to me that they were "100%" behind the production.....

Well Stars to preserve the union, I suggest u guys build that new high school u been putting off in order to save the football program. This seems to be the perfect time to bring all sides back together. Looks like the names have even feel into place. Maryville Rebels and the Maryville Yankees. Maybe we will all be in the same classification together. Glad I could help, and no charge!

Wow. Maryville just has an awesome team. Farragut has a pretty good team and Maryville just demolished them.

Congrats to the Rebs. I don't see how any team in Tennessee is going to beat you this year.

I wonder just what it is that makes Maryville so good and head and shoulders above the rest of East Tennessee year after year. Is it Quarrles that is making the difference or what? I know he's a great coach, but is he that much better than every other coach in the area? Is it better development at the youth football level? Surely the kids in Maryville aren't that much different physically than the rest of the area.

Nevertheless, you just can't argue the fact that Maryville is king of Tennessee high school football.

Coaching (Quarles is the best in TN, best assistants anywhere)

+

Talent (Don't let anyone tell you Maryville doesn't have talent. They do. Lots.)

+

Mental Aspect (Been there, done that, knowing they will win, never doubting)

= Maryville

Coming from a great program doesn't make for a great coach, ya it can help but after watching the out put of Farragut's offense Friday night I think your right starpower, Farragut has some kids playing out of position the Rule kid is a great player and should be used in a position that lets him be a player and you guys get a Qb that can throw the ball and manage the offense, not sure how many times your Qb ran Friday but that type of game plan against a good team will not work, I have seen Farragut three times this year and for the most part it looked the same all three times, a team like Maryville develops players within the team not the team around a player there for you have allot of different things that can be done, watching the game Friday night showed this so well, thats the biggest difference in those two programs.

From what I have been told , Sweetland does not really control the offense. Correct me if Iam wrong.

Wow. Maryville just has an awesome team. Farragut has a pretty good team and Maryville just demolished them.

Congrats to the Rebs. I don't see how any team in Tennessee is going to beat you this year.

I wonder just what it is that makes Maryville so good and head and shoulders above the rest of East Tennessee year after year. Is it Quarrles that is making the difference or what? I know he's a great coach, but is he that much better than every other coach in the area? Is it better development at the youth football level? Surely the kids in Maryville aren't that much different physically than the rest of the area.

Nevertheless, you just can't argue the fact that Maryville is king of Tennessee high school football.

To answer your questions: yes to all of the above. It's not just GQ, he has some outstanding assistants.

Well Stars to preserve the union, I suggest u guys build that new high school u been putting off in order to save the football program. This seems to be the perfect time to bring all sides back together. Looks like the names have even feel into place. Maryville Rebels and the Maryville Yankees. Maybe we will all be in the same classification together. Glad I could help, and no charge!

Now alcouhnashun.....We've allreddy solved our ovurcrowdin'.....Pluss eye like one big ole skool fer all tha recroot.....uhh..... eye meen stewdunts two git a footbawl teem frum....Butt thanks ennyhow....

Edited by STARSNBARS

and I'll bet that all of Farragut's baseball greats are from right there in Farragut aren't they? :unsure:

OUCH!!! I, for one, would like to hear some of those numbers. New coach at UT, Serrano (sp?) didn't move to murvil with his baseball sons, did he?! Maybe it was that darn rebel flag! Easy guys...just kidding!

Fairgut has a good football team. They should keep supporting their program and not go crazy. They are 4-5 players away from competing with murvil this year. Murvil will lose 2-3 of those guys next year. Will the difference be closer next year? It depends on what new kids step up. I do believe murvil is in their heads after the 2 big wins a couple of years ago when fairgut was very good.

I think at this point the quality of the team Maryville faces is completely secondary. Maryville has reached a level where the only thing that determines the outcome is how well Maryville plays. They are better at every position than almost every team they play.

This is the first time I'll come out and say the Farragut play calling was terrible. Obviously going in Farragut was a pretty good underdog, so you'd think they would let it hang out a little. First quarter they did a good job of using the hot passes to get Maryville out of their cover 2 then never really went back to it the rest of the game. They stayed with their zone running plays and tired rollout plays. I wonder how much the Farragut OC's mentor being in the other sideline had to do with it. I generally support Sweetland's game plan in staying with what you're good at, and within the what the kids are comfortable with, but you can't beat Maryville trying to do what Maryville does better. Hopefully we won't have to worry about what to do against Maryville again for a month or so.

Whenever you guys want to run David Sweetland off , we will gladly take him back here at Maryville . What I sense when I read your post and other Farragut fans posts , is that you guys have thought for years that Maryville was so lucky to not have been playing you big boys .... I got news for you , no matter what Mark Packer says , Maryville has had several teams just as good if not better than this team , and it's actually you guys who are the lucky ones that Maryville hasn't been in your division these last dozen years . It comes across as pure arrogance for you guys to think you should be matching a team that has built a dynasty over several years .

If you and others actually think that running off your brightest young coach is what it takes to put you on the same level as Maryville .... well that's hilarious . One coach is not going to be able to duplicate what Maryville has built in their community and mindset over the last 30 plus years in just a couple of years . The #1 team in the State came to your house , we all had to get there extremely early to get a seat in those little kiddie cramped visitor stands you have overlooking a Baseball field that would be the envy of any college team . When that little cramped area was full , Maryville fans had to resort to sitting on your side , and even with the overflow of Maryville fans on your side , your stadium wasn't even close to full . Yet even without anything close to the support that Maryville has , you guys think you are just one coach away from being better than Maryville . Your Football field has 4 banks of lights that are far removed from the field and makes for a dim view even with young eyes . I've seen better lighting at a 1A football field . I'll give you guys all the credit in the world for your Baseball program , all you have to do is look at your facilities to realize that Baseball is king there .... but no Baseball School is going to start beating Maryville on a regular basis just by changing one coach .