Maryville vs Farragut

sports19

Upset Possible?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

Thank you for your service. And no you do not have to hold anything on high that you do not want to and I would gladly fight for you to have that right. I think that many of us are just tired of hearing it. We have a right just as you or anyone else. This is a REPUBLIC not a DEMOCRACY.

Thank you. When you serve this country under the Stars and Stripes, it makes you look at things differently. I used to hold the Rebel flag in high regards just like you do at one point in my life. It's really hard not to have pride being from the south. But, all in all them men were fighting for what they believed in, just like anybody else. BUT, it doesn't make what they were fighting for and as much as people don't want to admit it they were literally fighting to keep slavery in the south. Yes, some fought for family and love of state, but all in all it was fought for slavery. If somebody can't admit that they just can't face the facts and do not wanna admit them. Nazi Germany and Communist Russia believed in what they were fighting for too, did it make it right? HE** NO...And not trying to get religious, but God dropped the hammer on the south for it too. That's all i have to say.

:oops::oops:

Thank you. When you serve this country under the Stars and Stripes, it makes you look at things differently. I used to hold the Rebel flag in high regards just like you do at one point in my life. It's really hard not to have pride being from the south. But, all in all them men were fighting for what they believed in, just like anybody else. BUT, it doesn't make what they were fighting for and as much as people don't want to admit it they were literally fighting to keep slavery in the south. Yes, some fought for family and love of state, but all in all it was fought for slavery. If somebody can't admit that they just can't face the facts and do not wanna admit them. Nazi Germany and Communist Russia believed in what they were fighting for too, did it make it right? HE** NO...And not trying to get religious, but God dropped the hammer on the south for it too. That's all i have to say.

HOLY CRAP!!!! politics,THEN RELIGION........Brave man

Edited by 3wiggle

This is one of the primary reasons I seldom post on here any more. (Breaks a lot of hearts I know) Everything but football is discussed. You would have to go back MANY pages to realize this thread was originally about Maryville and Farragut's big district game.

This is one of the primary reasons I seldom post on here any more. (Breaks a lot of hearts I know) Everything but football is discussed. You would have to go back MANY pages to realize this thread was originally about Maryville and Farragut's big district game.

Please post more mhs , you and Fbemeritus are missed .

I would and I think history would differ with you on motives and causes but that is another can of worms for a different time and place. Thank you for your service sweetscience.

As one of the only ones on here who actually tries to have a conversation with you , even though you've shown over and over you're just here to constantly look for ways to bash a high school team and it's fans , I would think it should be pretty clear I have no problem letting you have your say . I only wish you would decide to become a serious poster who Maryville fans could actually interact with , like every other Oak Ridge poster on here . Unlike my buddies from Farragut , Oak ridge and it's fans deserve all the respect in the world because they are a lot like my own school I cherish so much , and that Is why you'll never see me make a post about Oak Ridge and Kingsport DB like I did about Farragut . You really don't even seem to realize that you are to Maryville , like some of the Clinton ( no disrespect intended towards Clinton ) fans are to Oak Ridge , and a lot of fans of the surrounding schools of Kingsport DB are to them . It amazes me that you don't see that you're doing the same thing that some of the fans of other schools who have never known any kind of success are doing . I think Oak Ridge is way above having to try and tear another successful school down by words , and I'm actually proud that Maryville fans don't try to attack your school since you spend so much time obsessing over Maryville .

So you just keep on doing what you do , and the majority of times we'll keep on ignoring you , but if you ever do decide to drop the little kiddie games , us Maryville fans would love to share some mutual respect with you , along with some nice Football conversation .

Here is one comment that you made that I would like to address...You said

"even though you've shown over and over you're just here to constantly look for ways to bash a high school team and it's fans"

if this was true, isn't that a form of freedom of speech? Isn't it my right to obsess about Maryville? Please spell it out for me. I do not understand your thinking here.. On one hand- you are all for "fighting" for our rights.. On the other hand, you are telling most of us including your own fans to shut up.. Have you seen a Dr. lately?

Edited by bladerunner

I'm pathetic cause i dont hold the rebel flag to such high standards? I'm sorry, i just don't...i guess that makes me a bad southerner? I fought and did 2 tours of duty in the middle east for this country we call AMERICA. I and all of us represent that flag, not the one you hold in such high standards. You and everybody else can fly it all you want, i wont. It really is time to move on from that stage in American history. It's been 146 years ago. We just have differing views on it.

SS, What year did the rebel flag appear? Didn't slaves live for many years under that American flag that you fought for? I'm just curious.