Signal Mountain to appeal

Rabble Rouser

I don't think there has been a 3 win team in the play-offs...might really stir a stink if a 4-6 or 5-5 wildcard gets bumped because of it.

Kingsbury is 2-7 on the season and 2-2 in their district and they play Douglass in week ten. If they win that game then they'll be a TSSAA State Playoff team this postseason. They own the head-to-head win over Frayser 14-13. That gives them the nod in the tiebreaker.

Trezevant is not eligible for postseason play in 4A due to the events that took place in Cookeville last December.

I don't think there has been a 3 win team in the play-offs...might really stir a stink if a 4-6 or 5-5 wildcard gets bumped because of it.

Actually there was a 2-8 team that made the playoffs two years ago and got home field for their first game because they were district champs. Yes it left out a much better team, but they were district champs.

Kingsbury is 2-7 on the season and 2-2 in their district and they play Douglass in week ten. If they win that game then they'll be a TSSAA State Playoff team this postseason. They own the head-to-head win over Frayser 14-13. That gives them the nod in the tiebreaker.

Trezevant is not eligible for postseason play in 4A due to the events that took place in Cookeville last December.

I believe you are incorrect. Trezevant will still be district champs, just ineligible for post season. Manassas finishes second. The district does not get an automatic replacement for Trezevant.

Actually there was a 2-8 team that made the playoffs two years ago and got home field for their first game because they were district champs. Yes it left out a much better team, but they were district champs.

was that in 2A? I did go back and check and there have been quite a few 3-7 teams in all classifications. I guess you guys are keeping your fingers crossed.

I believe you are incorrect. Trezevant will still be district champs, just ineligible for post season. Manassas finishes second. The district does not get an automatic replacement for Trezevant.

Just goes to show you don't know as much as you think you do.

"If the 1st place team in the district is under disciplinary action from TSSAA and, as a result, is not eligible for the play-offs then the 2nd place team shall be moved up to 1st place and the 3rd place team shall be moved up to 2nd place. If the 2nd place team in the district is under disciplinary action from TSSAA and, as a result, is not eligible for the play-offs then the 3rd place team shall be moved up to 2nd place."

Edited by smeagle1

Just goes to show you don't know as much as you think you do.

"If the 1st place team in the district is under disciplinary action from TSSAA and, as a result, is not eligible for the play-offs then the 2nd place team shall be moved up to 1st place and the 3rd place team shall be moved up to 2nd place. If the 2nd place team in the district is under disciplinary action from TSSAA and, as a result, is not eligible for the play-offs then the 3rd place team shall be moved up to 2nd place."

guess next time I'll check before I type... :flower:

That's not what the playoff guidlines state. They say in the event #1 is ineligible, #2 moves up to #1 in District/Region and #3 moves to #2. That's what happened in GCA's district last year and likely again this year.

There have been several 3 win teams in the playoffs over the years, especially since they started the diluted system with 1a through 5a and now 6a.

But TSSAA investigators claim that those documents list a home address for McClendon's mother in Rossville, GA, while McClendon played for Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe.

The problem: "statements were made by Coach Shane Roberson which indicated Tim mother continued to maintain her residence in Chattanooga last year", according to the TSSAA's letter of sanction dated October 7.

?

Is that not what he (Tim) said in his interview on Channel 3 last night? His mother didn't move and he went to live with a guardian? Tim's own opening statement was" the other school used him for his athletic ability".....now I know I have read several times by SM posters he had not yet proved his ability when he came to the mountain. Tim even said in an interview with TFP " I was just getting the hang of the sport".....Is there anybody else needing a roadmap to keep up with the twist and turns in this whole thing????

Is that not what he (Tim) said in his interview on Channel 3 last night? His mother didn't move and he went to live with a guardian? Tim's own opening statement was" the other school used him for his athletic ability".....now I know I have read several times by SM posters he had not yet proved his ability when he came to the mountain. Tim even said in an interview with TFP " I was just getting the hang of the sport".....Is there anybody else needing a roadmap to keep up with the twist and turns in this whole thing????

Yep that's what he said. And yes we have said he hadn't proven his athletic ability. He got hurt in the first half of his first game at LFO and hadn't played before.

IMO he is saying LFO didn't show the same interest that SM is showing in improving his academic progress. At SM he is a student first and an athlete second. I could be wrong as I haven't asked him but if you listen to what is said in the interview you will hear there is a clear focus on his academics.

Oh and he said "I felt down in Lakeview (Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe High School) they just kind of used me--used me for my athletic abilities,"