Signal Mountain to appeal

Rabble Rouser

He did go to the HCDE. This wasn't recruiting and if it were the TSSAA would have nailed us for it.

But as posted in your mighty Greene Devils thread...

"Well, believe it or not, there were 4 Mosheim players contacted by a member of the Greeneville coaching staff. Starnes, Boles, Carter, and Johnson (good RB who I heard moved away after 8th grade). Now before you start in on me, I know all that to be a fact."

Again you're a hypocrite.

You know people wouldn't be talking about recruiting if they didn't think we were right on our territory issue. That even goes for Childress and for him to be on a television interview and start it out like he did was way wrong. :thumb:

Well If they "know all that to be a fact" then maybe they should report it to TSSAA rather than posting it on a message board. I'm talking about recruiting because of a story reported in the TFP.( by your very on homer Ward Gossett)Gossett went out of his way to mention that Roberson was a math teacher at another school but failed to mention he teaches physical education at SM. Have you ever stopped to consider maybe Childress is citing the paperwork error as a warning to the SM coaching staff that they are on to them? Is this appeal going to open SM and the other Hamilton County schools to intense scrutiny every time they submit eligibility paperwork. As far as my reasons for posting on this board are concerned, well, you guys are pretty easy to rile up and it's kinda funny to see the excuses you come up with. So far, I've stayed pretty much with what has been reported in the TFP and I can tell you, going by just what your boy Gossett has writted that contained quoted from both sides, unless McCullough has some big bombshell to drop SM stands a good chance at losing this one. Given the appearance of this situation, I don't think I would be making this much noise if I was SM...sometimes its best not to wake a sleeping bear.

Well If they "know all that to be a fact" then maybe they should report it to TSSAA rather than posting it on a message board. I'm talking about recruiting because of a story reported in the TFP.( by your very on homer Ward Gossett)Gossett went out of his way to mention that Roberson was a math teacher at another school but failed to mention he teaches physical education at SM. Have you ever stopped to consider maybe Childress is citing the paperwork error as a warning to the SM coaching staff that they are on to them? Is this appeal going to open SM and the other Hamilton County schools to intense scrutiny every time they submit eligibility paperwork. As far as my reasons for posting on this board are concerned, well, you guys are pretty easy to rile up and it's kinda funny to see the excuses you come up with. So far, I've stayed pretty much with what has been reported in the TFP and I can tell you, going by just what your boy Gossett has writted that contained quoted from both sides, unless McCullough has some big bombshell to drop SM stands a good chance at losing this one. Given the appearance of this situation, I don't think I would be making this much noise if I was SM...sometimes its best not to wake a sleeping bear.

You should take your own advice.

I doubt the opinions of a 60 year old grandmother in South Carolina on a message board would have as much impact on TSSAA as the published comments of a school principal, a football coach or an ineligible student...but nice try.

I was referring to your advice comment about not waking a sleeping bear, but you are not as bright as you try to act. Usually when someone reaches 60 they gain some elements of sage wisdom, but yours will come someday I'm sure. By the way, the TSSAA has not been sleeping since our school opened the doors. Whether we win the appeal or not we have a football game with SC coming up and we will be ready to play.

Go Eagles!

He did go to the HCDE. This wasn't recruiting and if it were the TSSAA would have nailed us for it.

But as posted in your mighty Greene Devils thread...

"Well, believe it or not, there were 4 Mosheim players contacted by a member of the Greeneville coaching staff. Starnes, Boles, Carter, and Johnson (good RB who I heard moved away after 8th grade). Now before you start in on me, I know all that to be a fact."

Again you're a hypocrite.

You know people wouldn't be talking about recruiting if they didn't think we were right on our territory issue. That even goes for Childress and for him to be on a television interview and start it out like he did was way wrong. :thumb:

well i dont know where u are getting your info but i know the fathers of two of the four young men u are speaking of and have know them all of the young mens life ,they where not now or ever contacted by anyone dont know what kind of game u are trying to play looks like u are one of those people whom your momma didnt let u go out to play much when u where a little boy! the only tie those boys would have to greeneville would be there coach now coach case he uesed to be an asst. back in the 90's so if u are gonna throw stuff make sure u know what u are throwin !!!

Well if a coach knows the rules, he would advise the parents that he isn't allowed to provide that information and refer them to the BOE for guidance. I know if I were in SM position, I would have been squirming after reading that the kid said he was texting that assistant coach.(even though Gossett was careful to avoid the use of coach when referring to Shane Roberson) I appreciate that this kid needs a mentor and it's wonderful that Roberson went to bat for him, but there is a definite appearance of impropriety that an assistant football coach went to the BOE to expedite a hardship transfer for a kid that just happened to become a stand-out RB. Pile on the paperwork issues and the whole thing starts to stink. No wonder SM is appealing on the "interpretation" grounds. It's the only chance they have to remedy the situation.

hey barb great post maybe sm should have learned to crawl --before they learned how to walk - or maybe when they learn how to walk!

well i dont know where u are getting your info but i know the fathers of two of the four young men u are speaking of and have know them all of the young mens life ,they where not now or ever contacted by anyone dont know what kind of game u are trying to play looks like u are one of those people whom your momma didnt let u go out to play much when u where a little boy! the only tie those boys would have to greeneville would be there coach now coach case he uesed to be an asst. back in the 90's so if u are gonna throw stuff make sure u know what u are throwin !!!

Apparently they don't teach good writing or comprehension skills up there. But they sure must teach hypocrisy. I clearly said the quote was posted on your thread and I didn't post it. So if you feel the need to defend what it says go to your thread and defend it.

Question, how do you determine a district champion? Because based on my understanding and quite possibly TSSAA's, Signal Mountain may be in the playoffs regardless of what happens on Thursday. Usually it's based on the best win-loss record. So that would make it, in my opinion pretty difficult to keep a team out of the playoffs when that team won 100% of their district games. Keep in mind those early games were vacated not forfeited, a big difference. Here is how the TSSAA has the standings for SM's district:

Signal Mountain 1 0

Bledsoe County 3 1

Sequatchie Co. 3 1

Grundy County 1 3

Chatt Christian 1 3

Notre Dame 0 4

Agree or disagree?

Question, how do you determine a district champion? Because based on my understanding and quite possibly TSSAA's, Signal Mountain may be in the playoffs regardless of what happens on Thursday. Usually it's based on the best win-loss record. So that would make it, in my opinion pretty difficult to keep a team out of the playoffs when that team won 100% of their district games. Keep in mind those early games were vacated not forfeited, a big difference. Here is how the TSSAA has the standings for SM's district:

Signal Mountain 1 0

Bledsoe County 3 1

Sequatchie Co. 3 1

Grundy County 1 3

Chatt Christian 1 3

Notre Dame 0 4

Agree or disagree?

They might have them ahead in the district, but they aren't on the quad map