Signal Mountain to appeal

Rabble Rouser

not saying i agree....but the kids seem to have just the CCS game and one more left in their season....could be reason for leaving some starters in game....

With an appeal pending, leaving starters in late just exposes them to unnecessary risk of injury. What kind of outrage would there have been if that stud QB had been injured in the last few minutes of that game and SM won their appeal...I don't think the Eagles would want to head into the play-offs with that kind of hole in their roster. Unless of course, Price doesn't think they are gonna win at the hearing.

i don't see how the tssaa can change their ruling....their bylaws are very clear contrary to the posts in here that they are not.....if they had filed for a hardship with the TSSAA properly they may have had a chance at obtaining one from them through the correct channels......tssaa can not ignore the fact that their rules were not followed.....no grey area....it is a done deal....

Edited by chattanooga

either you haven't seen them all, or you have trouble counting birdie....

Have a son on the team, have attended EVERY game, And I mean EVERY game from the very beginning, you are just riding a hate train to nowhere buddy. I imagine the reason Troll and other reasonable Signal posters have stopped posting is that this thread has escalated to a new level of bull s#\t that is intolerable. You should all take a step back and check yourselves...this has gotten way out of line.

Edited by signalbirdie

With an appeal pending, leaving starters in late just exposes them to unnecessary risk of injury. What kind of outrage would there have been if that stud QB had been injured in the last few minutes of that game and SM won their appeal...I don't think the Eagles would want to head into the play-offs with that kind of hole in their roster. Unless of course, Price doesn't think they are gonna win at the hearing.

The hearing will be worse for Price. New info has come out

Have a son on the team, have attended EVERY game, And I mean EVERY game from the very beginning, you are just riding a hate train to nowhere buddy. I imagine the reason Troll and other reasonable Signal posters have stopped posting is that this thread has escalated to a new level of bull s#\t that is intolerable. You should all take a step back and check yourselves...this has gotten way out of line.

wow...you just used Troll and "other reasonable Signal posters" in the same sentence.

A lot of posting today but still haven't read anyone's justification for hanging 75 on CCS last night. Time outs in the 4th quarter, starting RB still running for a TD is last couple of minutes, hurry up offense,...anyone going to attempt to justify? Other than one poster ho wasn't comfortable with a 69-35 lead in the 4th quarter.

Do you really think that shows any class at all? I'm serious--can you be satisfied with that kind of leadership?

I was there,so I will try too.The QB got hit in the back and lost control of the ball.And CCS got the ball back,or it would have been 81 points............Now can SM be satisfied with that kind of leadership? I would have to say NO!!!....All of us on the hill.think they should have ran the ball :roflolk::roflolk:

i was at the game...i saw it with my own valley dwelling eyes.....

the rule in question is below straight from the TSSAA bylaws:

b. A student who transfers as a result of a change of residence is ineligible unless (1) the old residence

is outside the territory of the new school, and (2) the new residence is both outside the territory of the

old school and inside the territory of the new school;

It was clear that the residence was not in the signal mtn school zone.....to check the box that it was without picking up the phone and calling bernard childress and making sure the tssaa agreed with their ASSUMPTION that the residence should be considered in zone due to the HCDE allowing a hardship was just a very negligent thing to do.....all coaches and AD's know that the TSSAA view their bylaws very narrowly....they had to know that they were treading in an area that most prudent people would have asked for clarification from the TSSAA before checking the box that implied that the residence was in the signal mtn. school zone when there was no eveidence of that being the case.