Signal Mountain to appeal

Rabble Rouser

I'm just glad that little McClendon feller doesn't have to worry about getting picked on anymore! He looks so fragile and unable to defend himself against those bullies at LFO, Brainerd, Howard, ughhh I'm sure I missed one or three....

McClendon has attended five high schools in four years, going to Hixson, Brainerd, Howard and Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe before coming to Signal Mountain for his senior year.........

How can Signal Mountain fans blame HCBE? They approved him to go to school at Signal. This does not mean he automatically becomes eligible to play athletics, you must abide by TSSAA rules to be able to participate in athletics. My question is would the athlete have transferred knowing he would not be eligible to play sports?

Surely this is a rhetorical question... :popcorneater:

You have just proven yourself to be the ultimate hypocrite!!! You come on and give a guy a plus one for this comment “What about the signal mountain kids that sit on the bench every time the coach brings in a new ringer? Where is his opportunity?â€. Where are the opportunities for the Greeneville kids sitting on the bench while they watch all the OOZ players that the G Devils have starting for them? Your school might have more OOZ players than any other school in TN with one exception Alcoa. I’m not sure if I should be amused or appalled by your self-righteous hypocrisy.

i'm not the one whining about how all those other boys' hs career were ruined by a mistake that really wasn't because those morons at TSSAA can't define territory and have it in for SM anyway because they can't tell us what to do in a 7 on 7 playday and we can bring in all the poor bullied stud rbs we want because we make new school zones for them. I find it difficult to feel sorry for all those other boys when their own coach, AD and principal has such little regard. Heck I really don't even feel sorry for the kid that had to sit so this LFO/Brainerd/wherever kid could play since Price is obviously going to make sure his starters get plenty of playing time from here on out.

I wasn't comfortable until we got a running clock, don't know about the coach. I watched CCS put up 21 points on us in a very short time. I watched them take a kickoff return to the house, I watched them recover an onside kick... CCS didn't quit and didn't back down for that they are to be commended.

I didn't hear coach say get off as many plays as possible. Did you hear him say that?

No; just going by what was reported.

I just wanted to point out that there is one main difference. Most of Greeneville’s out of zone players have been there since elementary school. For the most part, they don’t transfer in during their high school career because they’d have to sit out for a year. So, they aren't stepping in at the last minute to take someone's playing time.

Honestly, I don't really care. If I was a coach, then I'd play the best players regardless of how long they've been there. You have to win games, or you will be unemployed.

I agree. I'm not trying the throw Greeneville under the bus and I didn't accuse them of any wrong doing. I was just pointing out what a hypocrite barb is.

How many time does the same question have to be answered for you. I know it's hard for you to understand things while sitting in the back corner of the class room wearing you nice little cap. But I will try one more time to answer your question.

It is open to all!!! Again no different than any other school. Call HCDE...

Well, it actually is different from any other school. According to the TSSAA.

It can be found at the same place it's found at at every school across the country.

Let me ask all of you a question. Does Howard have any good football/basketball/track ect players in their school? If so, how can this be if SM is recruiting them all. How many Howard kids were on the field last night? Isn't Howard known to have great athletes? Again how many were out there playing?

Good point. According to the TSSAA, most of the recruiting effort was in north Georgia/Brainerd.

My question is would the athlete have transferred knowing he would not be eligible to play sports?

I can only go by what he says and it's pathetic the way you and others continue to attack him.

“But that first day I heard I felt life was done. I really felt like I didn’t know what I wanted to do, but then I thought about coming here to get the academics. Being on the football field was great, but football was a secondary issue. I want my diploma,†McClendon said. “I didn’t want to be lost out of high school [so I went to Signal because] I wanted to go somewhere I could get the best education I could get. They help me here in math and reading. I have low reading skills. I don’t pick things up the first time. If I’m reading, I have to read it over and over. My English teacher [at Signal Mountain] has worked so hard. In the classroom she makes me read out loud, but the students don’t make fun of me.â€

Go ahead and attack him more. At least the kids at SM are more respectful and adult like than many of the posters on here.

I can only go by what he says and it's pathetic the way you and others continue to attack him.

“But that first day I heard I felt life was done. I really felt like I didn’t know what I wanted to do, but then I thought about coming here to get the academics. Being on the football field was great, but football was a secondary issue. I want my diploma,†McClendon said. “I didn’t want to be lost out of high school [so I went to Signal because] I wanted to go somewhere I could get the best education I could get. They help me here in math and reading. I have low reading skills. I don’t pick things up the first time. If I’m reading, I have to read it over and over. My English teacher [at Signal Mountain] has worked so hard. In the classroom she makes me read out loud, but the students don’t make fun of me.â€

Go ahead and attack him more. At least the kids at SM are more respectful and adult like than many of the posters on here.

Wow, Lakeview Ft. Oglethorpe High School must be a real hellhole for him to want to leave so badly. Why hasn't the state shut it down? And this is where that Lauren Alaina from American Idol goes to school? How did she learn anything, not to mention survive that environment. Funny how the ineligible player didn't tell the TFP reporter what he told his friends on Facebook: "I'm going to Signal Mountain to play football." Of course that was in June, a few days after he played for LFO in their spring game. Things change, I guess.