Signal Mountain to appeal

Rabble Rouser

Guess we should have a policy that say's. You must live on the mountain to play on the mountain. Wonder how long it would be before SM and Hamilton County found themselves in court for denying a student the opportunity to participate.

I know it would take about 1 second for people like you to get on here and blast us.

SM affords all students that are enrolled the same opportunities to participate and succeed. Doesn't your school?

How long would it take McCullough to decide that a HCBE hardship moves a stud RB's home in Brainerd up the mountain?

Edited by barb

“I go for it all the time,†Bill Price said in defense of his late-game tactics. “I go for it 90 percent of the time. That’s just us. That’s just the way we are.â€

I think this is why people have a problem with Price. He may need to change the way "they are"

He does go for it all the time on 4th down. Recent example 4th and 25 on our own 30 something yard line at Polk County and he pulls out a fake punt. So why would you expect him not to go for it when it's 4th and a foot, you get it ok, turn it over ok, either way wouldn't impact the game.

Also I understand most of you posting were not at the game. But just so you know CCS put up a heck of a fight and in the first half scored at will against our D and very quickly. I don't think the coach felt comfortable at all with any lead, I know I didn't, and if you had seen the first half you wouldn't have either.

I must say hat's off to both the CCS and SM players. There was a lot of sportsmanship on the field last night. On most plays the opposing players were helping each other up and there were many pats on the back. CCS fought hard and gave it their all and they are to be commended. SM's first half was shaky (due in most part to CCS's offense) but responded to the coach after half.

As for the it makes things better comment, when doesn't winning make you feel better? I'm sure if the TSSAA upholds their stance you will see all the haters on here felling better. Because they will feel like they have won without regard to what it's doing to the kids on the other side.

• Upvote 1

He does go for it all the time on 4th down. Recent example 4th and 25 on our own 30 something yard line at Polk County and he pulls out a fake punt. So why would you expect him not to go for it when it's 4th and a foot, you get it ok, turn it over ok, either way wouldn't impact the game.

Also I understand most of you posting were not at the game. But just so you know CCS put up a heck of a fight and in the first half scored at will against our D and very quickly. I don't think the coach felt comfortable at all with any lead, I know I didn't, and if you had seen the first half you wouldn't have either.

I must say hat's off to both the CCS and SM players. There was a lot of sportsmanship on the field last night. On most plays the opposing players were helping each other up and there were many pats on the back. CCS fought hard and gave it their all and they are to be commended. SM's first half was shaky (due in most part to CCS's offense) but responded to the coach after half.

As for the it makes things better comment, when doesn't winning make you feel better? I'm sure if the TSSAA upholds their stance you will see all the haters on here felling better. Because they will feel like they have won without regard to what it's doing to the kids on the other side.

So you and Coach Price weren't comfortable in the 4th quarter with a 69-35 score? He was so uncomfortable with such a small lead he's telling the QB to hurry to get off as many plays as possble. Truthfully, do you believe that? Or do you think he's trying to run up the score because it makes "things better", to quote Coach Price.

Edited by Chattcity

What about the signal mountain kids that sit on the bench every time the coach brings in a new ringer? Where is his opportunity? :unsure:

It can be found at the same place it's found at at every school across the country.

Let me ask all of you a question. Does Howard have any good football/basketball/track ect players in their school? If so, how can this be if SM is recruiting them all. How many Howard kids were on the field last night? Isn't Howard known to have great athletes? Again how many were out there playing?

So you and Coach Price weren't comfortable in the 4th quarter with a 69-35 score? He was so uncomfortable with such a small lead he's telling the QB to hurry to get off as many plays as possble. Truthfully, do you believe that? Or do you think he's trying to run up the score because it makes them things better, as he said.

I wasn't comfortable until we got a running clock, don't know about the coach. I watched CCS put up 21 points on us in a very short time. I watched them take a kickoff return to the house, I watched them recover an onside kick... CCS didn't quit and didn't back down for that they are to be commended.

I didn't hear coach say get off as many plays as possible. Did you hear him say that?

+1

You have just proven yourself to be the ultimate hypocrite!!! You come on and give a guy a plus one for this comment “What about the signal mountain kids that sit on the bench every time the coach brings in a new ringer? Where is his opportunity?â€. Where are the opportunities for the Greeneville kids sitting on the bench while they watch all the OOZ players that the G Devils have starting for them? Your school might have more OOZ players than any other school in TN with one exception Alcoa. I’m not sure if I should be amused or appalled by your self-righteous hypocrisy.

I'm sure that last statement is correct. The rub seems to be: how does one gain the privilege of being enrolled, especially due to "hardship?" Is it open to all, or just those who meet certain physical/athletic requirements and/or have relationships to rogue coaches?

How many time does the same question have to be answered for you. I know it's hard for you to understand things while sitting in the back corner of the class room wearing you nice little cap. But I will try one more time to answer your question.

It is open to all!!! Again no different than any other school. Call HCDE...

... I'm sure if the TSSAA upholds their stance you will see all the haters on here felling better. Because they will feel like they have won without regard to what it's doing to the kids on the other side.

Keep in mind that it was SMMHS coaches and administration that had no regard to what their actions were doing to the kids... You can continue to blame the TSSAA, HCDE, other teams or whoever you like, but if you read the article in today's paper you know that SMMHS coaching staff plays loose with the rules and they got caught. SMMHS did this. Not anyone else!

You have just proven yourself to be the ultimate hypocrite!!! You come on and give a guy a plus one for this comment “What about the signal mountain kids that sit on the bench every time the coach brings in a new ringer? Where is his opportunity?â€. Where are the opportunities for the Greeneville kids sitting on the bench while they watch all the OOZ players that the G Devils have starting for them? Your school might have more OOZ players than any other school in TN with one exception Alcoa. I’m not sure if I should be amused or appalled by your self-righteous hypocrisy.

I just wanted to point out that there is one main difference. Most of Greeneville’s out of zone players have been there since elementary school. For the most part, they don’t transfer in during their high school career because they’d have to sit out for a year. So, they aren't stepping in at the last minute to take someone's playing time.

Honestly, I don't really care. If I was a coach, then I'd play the best players regardless of how long they've been there. You have to win games, or you will be unemployed.

OK here is the deal, and ther is alot to say so excuse the grammer

Hardships are easy to come by, they come a dime a dozen… my kids what’s to go here because… and I understand he/she is out of zone and personal transportation will be provided. HCBE will approve no problem at all. The other rule most people don’t know about and I am 100% sure the AD, coach, and assistant principal know unless they were utter morons (which I doubt but wonder sometimes) is if a student athlete has any form or an athletic record from any school the previous year, that student is not allow to participate in TSSAA sanction event until 365 calendar days upon leaving his previous schools program, UNLESS the student athlete has a bonafide change in residence. Just another FYI, TSSAA requires an eligibility form to be filled out on EVERY single student athlete that is on any teams roster (thus giving then an athletic record). Blame it on a mistake on a form(that’s a joke, when u have a winner program with 80+ kids on the roster and that’s all you can say is “oops†so you tell them oops I pressed the wrong button, your season is only guaranteed 10 game and the post seasons depends on if anyone checks the forms at TSSAA headquarters. No you don’t make those kinds of mistakes).

And the sad truth is, yeah people do hate on SMMHS, and yes this entire team will have to pay for this “oops†but that’s the price of being number one, you have a target on your back and you’re examined under a microscope. Take your medicine, OWN up for once, show a little class, and if your such a great program (which I’m not saying you’re not), bounce back. It’s that simple.

• Upvote 1