Signal Mountain to appeal

Rabble Rouser

Only 30? But the need is so great. Hopefully this will open the door for many, many more troubled Hamilton County students who can benefit from the Signal Mountain touch. And it's good to know that you don't have to be a superstar athlete to get a hardship transfer to Signal Mountain. (Although apparently, trying out 5 high schools and having a well-traveled, connected coach for your best buddy doesn't hurt)

You are officially at the head of the simpleton class!!! The door is open as is every other door at every other Hamilton County School. Today it's as easy as it can be for any Howard kid to come. Fill out the NCBL form and catch the bus. As for others like in this case they have a little more paperwork to do and then have to wait to see if the HCDE will approve them.

Go back to the TFP and keep hating there too. Every time you post they get more ridiculous and filled with hatred.

You are officially at the head of the simpleton class!!! The door is open as is every other door at every other Hamilton County School. Today it's as easy as it can be for any Howard kid to come. Fill out the NCBL form and catch the bus. As for others like in this case they have a little more paperwork to do and then have to wait to see if the HCDE will approve them.

Go back to the TFP and keep hating there too. Every time you post they get more ridiculous and filled with hatred.

Yes, they have "a little more paperwork to do." And they don't even have to get it right! (well, if they're a football superstar, that is)

You know what's really funny! We don't even play for two weeks and y'all will still be talking about us next week! :roflol: with all the time you guys seem to have (24 hrs a day on coach t) what would you be doing without us! :thumb:

well you guys will be keeping busy getting your interpretations in order for your big appeal...

Thats just it! There is NO issue with the players that live on the mountain. Every time the coach brings in a ringer, a kid that lives on the mountain sits on the bench.

I agree w/ this, a lot of people like to talk about the "kids" being hurt by working hard, not getting to play, or becoming ineligible due to some sort of infraction. Heres what you do "PLAY THE KIDS WHO GREW UP IN YOUR COMMUNITY AND HAVE INVESTED THEIR TIME/EFFORT INTO THAT FOOTBALL PROGRAM". Those are the kids that deserve to play anyway, do this and I promise you will not have any issues.....

I agree w/ this, a lot of people like to talk about the "kids" being hurt by working hard, not getting to play, or becoming ineligible due to some sort of infraction. Heres what you do "PLAY THE KIDS WHO GREW UP IN YOUR COMMUNITY AND HAVE INVESTED THEIR TIME/EFFORT INTO THAT FOOTBALL PROGRAM". Those are the kids that deserve to play anyway, do this and I promise you will not have any issues.....

at least until they have a clear understanding of the rules. I still don't understand how they could have been so stupid. The online eligibility form is simple to complete and if they had answered no, a hardship form screen would have popped up automatically. Perhaps they were afraid TSSAA would get wind of the multiple transfers and the LFO/SM connection and deny his eligbility and were willing to bet the entire season on TSSAA not verifying the form.I find its easier to buy the "oh just check yes, they never check that crap" than the "we thought the hardship transfer moved his house" reasoning. I guess it's better to have people think you are stupid than crooked...either way they have failed in their responsibility to the kids. All of them.

Edited by barb

Kevin 38: Amen and hallelujah. Seems so simple, doesn't it?

Guess we should have a policy that say's. You must live on the mountain to play on the mountain. Wonder how long it would be before SM and Hamilton County found themselves in court for denying a student the opportunity to participate.

I know it would take about 1 second for people like you to get on here and blast us.

SM affords all students that are enrolled the same opportunities to participate and succeed. Doesn't your school?

• Upvote 1

Guess we should have a policy that say's. You must live on the mountain to play on the mountain. Wonder how long it would be before SM and Hamilton County found themselves in court for denying a student the opportunity to participate.

I know it would take about 1 second for people like you to get on here and blast us.

SM affords all students that are enrolled the same opportunities to participate and succeed. Doesn't your school?

I'm sure that last statement is correct. The rub seems to be: how does one gain the privilege of being enrolled, especially due to "hardship?" Is it open to all, or just those who meet certain physical/athletic requirements and/or have relationships to rogue coaches?