Signal Mountain to appeal

Rabble Rouser

The only question remaining in all of this mess is... will there be any coaching/administration changes as a result of this. Or, are the parents/supporters there so blind that they can't see what is going on? Or, is the "win at all cost" attitude an accurate reflection of the citizens of Signal Mountain? The gap between the "haves" and "have nots" out there is huge. I don't know many of the "haves" from out there, but the ones that I do know seem snobby and above everyone else. I know plenty of the "have nots" from out there and they all seem to be good people. I think it's time for the "have nots" to take over and start running the place and bring honesty and respect back to the mountain.

We can only hope.

Central and Soddy both took the high road, with regard to discipline of players and programs after fighting, as compared to Signal. As a lifelong resident of this area, that says a lot. It's time to clean house from the top down. (wouldn't hurt to find somebody who can coach defense too)

Section 8. All games shall be properly supervised to insure sportsmanlike contests. The host school shall be

responsible for providing sufficient security to insure orderly conduct on the part of all spectators. Visiting teams

shall be accompanied by the principal or someone designated by the principal. If the game is played on a neutral

field and neither team is designated as the host team, the competing schools shall share the responsibility of

providing sufficient security.

Member schools are responsible for the conduct of their own fans and students at every athletic contest,

regardless of where it may be held.

The coach and principal of each of the schools participating in an athletic contest shall file a report immediately

with the state office if there is any unusual incident involving poor sportsmanship, during or following the game, on

the part of players, coaches, school administrators, game officials or spectators.

how do you appeal? WE at SM attempeted to illeagealy play an athlete and got caught, but were not guilty and would like our wins back plus double our fine $1400 plus court cost and a free get out of trouble card for next year. thank you TSSAA until we meet again or get caught. the humble people of buzzard ridge. :roflol:

I think those instructions came out of the "The Dummies Handbook To Chearting". Chapter 7 titled When You Get Busted By The TSSAA. Available at your local walmart or TSSAA wholesale supply store. Heard price has copy in locker room :roflol:

Yeah after all he has only been coaching for 20 something years. Guess Rankin is next... Another dumb comment from a bandwagon hater.

Are you comparing Bill Price to Gary Rankin? Seriously? You must be kidding. He hasn't stayed in one place for more than 5 years. Why? And no, I'm not a bandwagon hater. I know him well. Watched him in action. There is a lot to love about Bill Price. There is a lot to dislike, too. Too much.

Edited by pedo_29

Yeah after all he has only been coaching for 20 something years. Guess Rankin is next... Another dumb comment from a bandwagon hater.

How many schools has he coached at don't seem to stay any where long. After his kid leaves he may travel again. his lolaty is to his pay check not to the schools. did'nt Tennesse have someone like that whos was going to sang rocky top all night long. got the team in trouble than left for another college. NOT that the mnt should be compared to the great VOLs. but the soory coach who left> :roflol::roflol:

Just got back.......I went to SM game last night,and had a fine time.Like I also do.Met the TROLL, and he is a outstand man,a little slow to understand things like the TSSAA :roflolk: I really injoyed talking to ya on the hill.......But I need your help,I can't find the TROLL....after the game we went to Polk Co. to see YEEHAW for some Banjo picking and camping........The TROLL disappear I couldn't find him anywhere :unsure::P.S. YeeHaw,I got one thing to say too you......BOY YOU GOT A PRETTY MOUTH :roflolk:

Edited by lancer10

I watched a game at Signal Mtn, in the first half the eagles had 5 or 6 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties, i never saw one memebr of the coaching staff say one word to the players who were being unsportsmanlike.....nothing surprises me....i have heard that there are a couple schools who will never play the eagles in any sport.....never heard that about another hamilton county school.....can't believe the coaching staff knew nothing about some players have an adult beverage in the week leading up to the game.....boys will be boys, BUT i just did not believe the coach when he said he did not know about it until after the state championship game....

the town and the school are top notch....a true community full of good people....they need the same thing in the coaching staff's character....it really is not all about winning

I watched a game at Signal Mtn, in the first half the eagles had 5 or 6 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties, i never saw one memebr of the coaching staff say one word to the players who were being unsportsmanlike.....nothing surprises me....i have heard that there are a couple schools who will never play the eagles in any sport.....never heard that about another hamilton county school.....can't believe the coaching staff knew nothing about some players have an adult beverage in the week leading up to the game.....boys will be boys, BUT i just did not believe the coach when he said he did not know about it until after the state championship game....

the town and the school are top notch....a true community full of good people....they need the same thing in the coaching staff's character....it really is not all about winning

Funny...I've been @ every game, don't remember that one.

A lot of posting today but still haven't read anyone's justification for hanging 75 on CCS last night. Time outs in the 4th quarter, starting RB still running for a TD is last couple of minutes, hurry up offense,...anyone going to attempt to justify? Other than one poster ho wasn't comfortable with a 69-35 lead in the 4th quarter.

Do you really think that shows any class at all? I'm serious--can you be satisfied with that kind of leadership?