1A Playoff Standings

MOTO24

Im guessing that South Fulton beats Union City(they will go winless and not make playoffs) Gleason beats Scotts Hill, Bruceton beats Gleason and TCA. And Huntland wins as you stated. Which would change the quads to this. In Order of Seeding. Which would be my favorite.

Quad 1. South Pittsburg, Coalfield, Greenback, Sunbright, Lookout Valley, and Chatt Grace.

Quad 2. Eagleville, Gordonsville, Columbia Academy, Moore County, Huntland, and Nashville Christian.

Quad 3. Clarksville Academy, Perry County, Wayne County, Jo Byrns, Bruceton, and McEwen

Quad 4. Huntingdon, Lake County, West Carroll, South Fulton, MAHS, and Gleason.

I think this possibility is very likely.

Even if Union City losses to South Fulton they will be in over McEwen. I know on the TSSAA site that it has McEwen ahead of them and they are at this moment because both teams have 6 teams with atleast .500 record and McEwen has a win over 1 of their .500 teams. Even if South Fulton wins like you say that will bump Union City's teams with atleast .500 record to 7. So Both McEwen and Uc would have 3 wins(category 1), but McEwen would have 6 teams and UC would have 7 when it came to the 2nd category meaning UC would be in. So Huntingdon is almost certain to go to quad 3. The only chance that they won't will be if Gleason doesnt win 1 more game which is not likely.

If uc loses to south fulton they will virtually be eliminated. The only way they could get in would be to beat humboldt. Tssaa will put huntingdon in quad 4. Much to the chagrin of lake co. There is no way they load quad 4 with teams who are third snd fourth place teams. Sorry lakefan.

You are incorrect.

The only way for Mcewen to make it in is either to win one of their last two games or for Nashville Christian to win one of their last two games. Otherwise, UC will get in even if they don't win another game.

Even if Union City losses to South Fulton they will be in over McEwen. I know on the TSSAA site that it has McEwen ahead of them and they are at this moment because both teams have 6 teams with atleast .500 record and McEwen has a win over 1 of their .500 teams. Even if South Fulton wins like you say that will bump Union City's teams with atleast .500 record to 7. So Both McEwen and Uc would have 3 wins(category 1), but McEwen would have 6 teams and UC would have 7 when it came to the 2nd category meaning UC would be in. So Huntingdon is almost certain to go to quad 3. The only chance that they won't will be if Gleason doesnt win 1 more game which is not likely.

If Nashville Christian wins one of their last two games, Mcewen will hold the tie breaker by virtue of having a win over a team with at least .500 record. That is provided of course UC does not win another game.

You are incorrect.

The only way for Mcewen to make it in is either to win one of their last two games or for Nashville Christian to win one of their last two games. Otherwise, UC will get in even if they don't win another game.

Thanks stangfan, that is what I have been trying to tell them. I think you could be wrong about if Nashville Christian wins their last 2 games. Nash Christian plays Houston County and Jo Byrns. There already 4-4 meaning that they are already counted to have a .500 on the TSSAA site. Even if they win both games they will still be with above .500 record and that would mean McEwen would have 6 teams in category 2 of the critera. Where as, UC with a loss to South Fulton would have 7 teams with a .500 record meaning they would get in over McEwen regardless. I could be missing something but I see no other teams on McEwen's schedule that could go .500 that are not already counted. I think the only chance that McEwen has is if Houston Co. wins their last 2 games and Nash Christian losses to Houston CO. but beats Jo Byrns. That would give them 7 teams with a .500 record or higher and a win against one of them teams meaning they would be in. If that does not happen UC will have 7 teams in critera 2 and McEwen 6. I do not think people realize that South Fulton is not counted for a .500 record but with a win over UC they would become .500

If Nashville Christian wins one of their last two games, Mcewen will hold the tie breaker by virtue of having a win over a team with at least .500 record. That is provided of course UC does not win another game.

I understand that McEwen holds the 3rd tie breaker but it will never get there. If UC losses that will bump them up to 7 teams with at least a .500 record and McEwen will only have 6 so the win over Nash Christian will not matter.

If UC only has three wins they will not get in. Bruceton beats TCA giving them four win, Gleason beats scotts hill and Bruceton giving them four wins. But bigger than that, TSSAA will not make a patty cake quad of third and fourth teams. If UC wins, Gleason wins, and bruceton picks up one win then all will be in with bruceton going to quad 3. TSSAA will even out the quads with 1 and 2 seeds as best they can.

Its interesting listening about how west Tennessee is gonna win it all. Here is a hint in order to win it all you better have a power running game with a huge back, and a ton of speed on defense. That is the recipe to beating S.Pitt and there is not many in the state let alone 1A that can do it. Winner comes from the Pitt/Gordonsville game

If UC only has three wins they will not get in. Bruceton beats TCA giving them four win, Gleason beats scotts hill and Bruceton giving them four wins. But bigger than that, TSSAA will not make a patty cake quad of third and fourth teams. If UC wins, Gleason wins, and bruceton picks up one win then all will be in with bruceton going to quad 3. TSSAA will even out the quads with 1 and 2 seeds as best they can.

Wrong again!!

TSSAA specifically says that alignments will be done WITHOUT regard to district standings.

Oh and check out the other posts as to why UC will get in with 3 wins. Your batting 1000 today.

Edited by stangfan978

Thanks stangfan, that is what I have been trying to tell them. I think you could be wrong about if Nashville Christian wins their last 2 games. Nash Christian plays Houston County and Jo Byrns. There already 4-4 meaning that they are already counted to have a .500 on the TSSAA site. Even if they win both games they will still be with above .500 record and that would mean McEwen would have 6 teams in category 2 of the critera. Where as, UC with a loss to South Fulton would have 7 teams with a .500 record meaning they would get in over McEwen regardless. I could be missing something but I see no other teams on McEwen's schedule that could go .500 that are not already counted. I think the only chance that McEwen has is if Houston Co. wins their last 2 games and Nash Christian losses to Houston CO. but beats Jo Byrns. That would give them 7 teams with a .500 record or higher and a win against one of them teams meaning they would be in. If that does not happen UC will have 7 teams in critera 2 and McEwen 6. I do not think people realize that South Fulton is not counted for a .500 record but with a win over UC they would become .500

You are absolutely correct. I was thinking McEwen was one up in playing teams with .500 record.

There is no way for McEwen to make the playoffs over UC other than winning another game. If UC wins they have 4 wins, if South Fulton wins that will give UC 7 teams with .500 record or better. Either way UC is in over McEwen barring an upset by McEwen in one of their last two games.

Good catch their lakecountyfalconfan!! :thumb:

Edited by stangfan978

Its interesting listening about how west Tennessee is gonna win it all. Here is a hint in order to win it all you better have a power running game with a huge back, and a ton of speed on defense. That is the recipe to beating S.Pitt and there is not many in the state let alone 1A that can do it. Winner comes from the Pitt/Gordonsville game

Not Sure You Know What Your Talking Bout But I'll Tell Ya This Much South Pitt/Gordonsville Will NOT Be The Winner. I Can Promise You That. Huntingdon Isn't Number One For Nothing :thumb: