bats

VOLnWTN

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is everyone's thoughts on the best BBCOR bat coming up for this spring? Old St. Nick making a delivery to my house on the 25th of December.

My son has been using the DeMarini Vodoo BBCOR this summer, and it seems to do fine. He hit his first BBCOR homerun Tuesday night in a fall league game, but he is not a big power hitter. He hit his last homerun two summers ago with a BESR bat (2009), and several in batting practice last spring. I don't know how much truth there is to it, or if it is just getting use to the BBCOR, but there seems to be about a two week break in time for the bats. Several people that I have talked to have said the same thing.

There aren't going to be as many homeruns or rockets hit this spring, but if you hit the ball on the sweet spot, it will still jump. He hit around .350 in 118 at bats this summer using BBCOR and wood. There aren't going to be any cheap homeruns off the end or brand of the bat. Should be a good year for pitchers to challenge hitters!!

What is everyone's thoughts on the best BBCOR bat coming up for this spring? Old St. Nick making a delivery to my house on the 25th of December.

http://www.cheapbats.com/shop/2012-demarini-voodoo-bbcor-baseball-bat-adult-3oz-dxvdc-p-3141-c-24_30.html

Very good BBCOR bat. The ball jumps off of that thing. You won't be disappointed i can promise you that.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.cheapbats.com/shop/2012-demarini-voodoo-bbcor-baseball-bat-adult-3oz-dxvdc-p-3141-c-24_30.html

Very good BBCOR bat. The ball jumps off of that thing. You won't be disappointed i can promise you that.

Remember this highlighted area.

Compared to the BESR bats, no BBCOR bat will have the ball JUMPING.

And as far as the Nike goes, google how many college teams that are committed to Nike stopped using their BBCOR bats last year. Alabama is one of them.

Next year is going to be more like baseball with the BBCOR bats. Pitchers will be able to pitch inside and teams will have to play defense. And, there won't be so many 15-11 games.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Remember this highlighted area.

Compared to the BESR bats, no BBCOR bat will have the ball JUMPING.

And as far as the Nike goes, google how many college teams that are committed to Nike stopped using their BBCOR bats last year. Alabama is one of them.

Next year is going to be more like baseball with the BBCOR bats. Pitchers will be able to pitch inside and teams will have to play defense. And, there won't be so many 15-11 games.

If you are looking for a cheaper BBCOR bat as well, the Rawlings 5150 isn't a bad choice.

Just a buying tip for parents:

Second/third generation bats are all very, very close regardless of brand. The difference you will find in the BBCOR will be mostly limited to sound and feel. Any perceived difference in performance will be attributed to those two factors.

Additionally, we have found a negligible difference in the major brand's top shelf bat and their $199.99 model.

Just a buying tip for parents:

Second/third generation bats are all very, very close regardless of brand. The difference you will find in the BBCOR will be mostly limited to sound and feel. Any perceived difference in performance will be attributed to those two factors.

Additionally, we have found a negligible difference in the major brand's top shelf bat and their $199.99 model.

I would tend to agree based on what I know. I woud stay away from the first generation BBCOR bats, as they all were probably retro-fitted to gain BBCOR certification. The big difference will be some are more end-loaded and others will be more balanced. The $199.99 models are usually one-piece aluminum, the $299.99 bats have a composite handle and aluminum barrel. The $399.99 models are usually all composite.

I would focus on my swing mechanics. If you work to develop a fundamentally sound swing you'll get good results with most any decent bat.

Edited by sportsnutdad