bats

VOLnWTN

As far as bbcor's go, there are defiantly some bats that are better than others. Demarini, Easton, and TPX are among the worst bats on the market. The Easton s1 is the only good one. Everybody i've talked to hates their Demarini Cf5, voodoo, exc. The Marucci, Rawlings, and Rip it is the way to go. Marucci has been proven by all the professionals that use their product. Rawlings 5150 and Marucci cat 5 are some of the most balanced bats on the market. The Marucci black and Rawlings 5150 Velo are just as good. Rip it feels great as well. This is all coming from a players point of view. My brother plays for a JuCo and they are sponsored by Demarini and they all HATE the bats. They get the CF5, Voodoo, and M2M. All of these feel terrible and the pop isn't comparable too the others. Many of my friends that have Demarini are selling them and getting Maruccis or the easton s1. Easton Xl series is very end loaded and the confident feeling at the plate with easton bats just isn't there. Again, coming from a players point of view and is based off my teammates and my opinions, but with all the hitting we've done with the BBcor's, we have a good guess on whats better than the others.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as bbcor's go, there are defiantly some bats that are better than others. Demarini, Easton, and TPX are among the worst bats on the market. The Easton s1 is the only good one. Everybody i've talked to hates their Demarini Cf5, voodoo, exc. The Marucci, Rawlings, and Rip it is the way to go. Marucci has been proven by all the professionals that use their product. Rawlings 5150 and Marucci cat 5 are some of the most balanced bats on the market. The Marucci black and Rawlings 5150 Velo are just as good. Rip it feels great as well. This is all coming from a players point of view. My brother plays for a JuCo and they are sponsored by Demarini and they all HATE the bats. They get the CF5, Voodoo, and M2M. All of these feel terrible and the pop isn't comparable too the others. Many of my friends that have Demarini are selling them and getting Maruccis or the easton s1. Easton Xl series is very end loaded and the confident feeling at the plate with easton bats just isn't there. Again, coming from a players point of view and is based off my teammates and my opinions, but with all the hitting we've done with the BBcor's, we have a good guess on whats better than the others.

I bought a Marucci Cat 5 for my son last fall. It's a great bat, and a very balanced one-piece bat. However, he's a good-sized kid and I wanted to get him another bat that was a bit more end-loaded. I found an Easton XL3 on Ebay and bought it. He's been mashing with the Easton the last two weekends when taking BP. It's a very good bat. Now for less than the price of one Easton S1 or Demarini CF5 ($399), he has two nice one-piece bats. One is more balanced, and the other is a bit more end-loaded. Please understand, the Easton is still a fairly balance bat, and is only slightly end-loaded. He's been working all winter using a -2 wood bat, so a slightly loaded BBCOR bat is nothing. BTW his hitting coach has a son who is a freshman D1 player. He's always used the Demarini Voodoo, and still does. He's tried some other bats, but says there's not that much difference in the BBCOR bats. The same thing that CoachMikeCorn said above.

Edited by sportsnutdad

I bought a Marucci Cat 5 for my son last fall. It's a great bat, and a very balanced one-piece bat. However, he's a good-sized kid and I wanted to get him another bat that was a bit more end-loaded. I found an Easton XL3 on Ebay and bought it. He's been mashing with the Easton the last two weekends when taking BP. It's a very good bat. Now for less than the price of one Easton S1 or Demarini CF5 ($399), he has two nice one-piece bats. One is more balanced, and the other is a bit more end-loaded. Please understand, the Easton is still a fairly balance bat, and is only slightly end-loaded. He's been working all winter using a -2 wood bat, so a slightly loaded BBCOR bat is nothing. BTW his hitting coach has a son who is a freshman D1 player. He's always used the Demarini Voodoo, and still does. He's tried some other bats, but says there's not that much difference in the BBCOR bats. The same thing that CoachMikeCorn said above.

My son has been hitting a OHB 32/29 wood all winter as well. We are looking at the Cat 5 also. But till then we got a Easton XL3 one piece bat as a replacement from Easton. He says it feels just like his wood bat that he loves, and so far he loves the xl3 as well. We looked at the Rip it, but he just could not stand the loud Ping.....funny thing, everyone feels things differently, he has always said he liked a balanced feel, so we tried all of them, the 5150, the Easton s1, and last years VooDoo, he kept saying these just dont feel right. So I put this years VooDoo in his hands, and he said that is it, thats the feel I like, so he tried the Easton XL3, and other "end heavy" bats and that was the "balanced" feel he had been looking for. lol Moral of the story, have you sons try different models, lol .

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me anything about the Easton S-1, my son has his eye on one. Don't want to spend the money without some research.

A friend of ours bought one for his son and he doesn't like it that much, felt it had no pop at all. He ended up buying a Marucci Black and likes it a lot. My son son has the Easton Power Brigade XL1 which is all composite and loves it. It has a slightly bigger sweetspot and is a little more toploaded. He worked with woodbats all winter and started swinging the XL1 in January to get used to it. I've also heard good reviews on the Rawlings 5150, the Marucci Cat (although the 33 inch was recently de-certed), one of the Nike bats, can't remember the model and the Demarini Voodoo. Several colleges used the Power Brigade Speed and XL series last year and loved them from what I've read.

South Carolina won the last 2 College World Series using Rawlings bats. The 5150 is a stiff shank bat but they also have a flex shaft. You can go to the Rawlings web site for more info. The Worth SLP237 bat doesn't get a lot of press but talking to players that have one, they like it. Bottom line is have the player swing it before you plunk out the bucks.

South Carolina won the last 2 College World Series using Rawlings bats. The 5150 is a stiff shank bat but they also have a flex shaft. You can go to the Rawlings web site for more info. The Worth SLP237 bat doesn't get a lot of press but talking to players that have one, they like it. Bottom line is have the player swing it before you plunk out the bucks.

Hear that you can go to Hit After Hit in Nashville and sample bats for a nominal fee.