Lake Co at Humboldt

mrbigster

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, Bigster and everyone else on here. Humboldt fumbled twice which is uncharacteristic. That stopped two drives that would have ended in points. Those of us that actually have watched the Vikings all year know that when we get to rolling downhill, the only people who stop us is us! The coaches called at least 5 more passes that were play action passes and the quarterback decided to run because no one was in the flat to cover it. This included the run from the goal line to the 13 that got the first down. Our quarterback is at his best on playaction or sprinting out and has thrown 9 TD's in the previous 3 games. Defensively, Humboldt's secondary has had trouble letting receivers behind them in key situations. Lake County has made a living all year throwing it deep when they got behind (see South Fulton, Union City). It appeared that our coaching staff made the decision to make Lake County earn every yard by not allowing Lake County to get a huge play. In addition, the Lake County QB was pressured at least 15 times and threw several balls to his left into the ground. That was exactly where Humboldt was forcing him to throw. Two of the high passes came with our #63 in his face. Bigster, your credibility is not very good when you make a comment that Humboldt is not very physical when they ran the off-tackle play 20 times in a row and smashed the front 8. Your comment about players going for the strip is rewriting history as well. On one run, Wedley dragged 4 people into the endzone. On the double reverse, your players were shouting that Brooks was getting the ball. They had scouted film. The coaches threw a loop into that! On that play, Wedley was the lead blocker and your player kept running backwards because he did not want to get mashed. A team does not rush for 380 yards between the tackles without being physical. Finally, I am so proud of how our boys worked together. Lake County's plan was to stop Humboldt's tailback and spread. The team responded by having the fullback wear out the defense and several times the tailback was 25 yards downfield blocking for him. They then started getting the tailback the ball on the option and toss and every player on the offense was downfield with 3rd and 4th blocks! On McCorry's TD int return, he should have been tackled, but he slowed down to allow 6 Vikings to catch up and get around him and they blocked a path for him. Humboldt has a great "TEAM"! We show respect to our opponents. Our coaches would never allow a player to stomp and spit on the middle of the opponents' field. The same player was dancing while Humboldt's band played when y'all were down 21 points. I don't know if you noticed, but the majority of the "soft-hitting" plays that the Humboldt offense ran went right at that player.

Anyhow, good luck to Lake County in the playoffs. You have a great team that can score at will. You scored 52 points versus Union City. That was impressive! I hope we can beat them by at least 1 point. The way you have presented this, we probably don't have a shot. But our players are on a mission and I think that they will be ready!

Show me my comment about Humboldt not being very physical?And on the balls that hit the ground.Were very long throws on the line that he just didnt get enough on.May was going to try that and try to set up a longer play.The play where he drageed 4 players into the end zone was yes he did but on that play was more like they were trying to strip the ball and was taking a ride.Didnt think Humboldt put pressure on Nick any more than some of the other teams we played.I think he just made a couple bad throws as far as over throwing the recive.And a couple times,looked like the Humboldt defender was the intended receiver.

Edited by mrbigster

I would not exactly call Humboldt's sportsmanship great. A whole lot of cheap shots and not to even mention the Aaron Rodgers' title belt celebration on touchdowns. I can not complain about that the kids had something to be excited about because they won the game. I do not know if we would of won but I think we could be right there just look at yardage. Lake County killed themselves most of the night with turnovers and penalties. That is no one's fault but ours. I think the key to the game was the goal line stand, if LC scores it a 1 possession game and we would of had momentum. However, Humboldt made a big stop and I would say that sort of broke our backs, so to speak. Congrats to Humboldt and good luck to the vikings the rest of the year.

Didn't see the "title belt celebration". I saw hard play on both sides. HMMMM

Didn't see the "title belt celebration". I saw hard play on both sides. HMMMM

Its football there is going to be pushing and shoving after plays it is part of it. But the title celebration did happen, I think it was #32 after he scored the first touchdown. I am not 100% sure on number but I am sure that the celebration was done but it does not matter the Humboldt players had a reason to celebrate, Congrats.

Show me my comment about Humboldt not being very physical?And on the balls that hit the ground.Were very long throws on the line that he just didnt get enough on.May was going to try that and try to set up a longer play.The play where he drageed 4 players into the end zone was yes he did but on that play was more like they were trying to strip the ball and was taking a ride.Didnt think Humboldt put pressure on Nick any more than some of the other teams we played.I think he just made a couple bad throws as far as over throwing the recive.And a couple times,looked like the Humboldt defender was the intended receiver.

Humboldt looked ok on offense but didnt think they were as pyysical as Union City other than #32 for Humboldt.I think Union City will play the run better than Lake Co whereas a team can throw on them.

This is what you said in a previous post. You were dominated and gave up 380 yards of rushing between the tackles where you had 8 players. Write it however you want. It does not make it true. And your quarterback was throwing 8 yard stop routes into the ground. Good Luck and hope you can get it back together for the playoffs.

Okay, Bigster and everyone else on here. Humboldt fumbled twice which is uncharacteristic. That stopped two drives that would have ended in points. Those of us that actually have watched the Vikings all year know that when we get to rolling downhill, the only people who stop us is us! The coaches called at least 5 more passes that were play action passes and the quarterback decided to run because no one was in the flat to cover it. This included the run from the goal line to the 13 that got the first down. Our quarterback is at his best on playaction or sprinting out and has thrown 9 TD's in the previous 3 games. Defensively, Humboldt's secondary has had trouble letting receivers behind them in key situations. Lake County has made a living all year throwing it deep when they got behind (see South Fulton, Union City). It appeared that our coaching staff made the decision to make Lake County earn every yard by not allowing Lake County to get a huge play. In addition, the Lake County QB was pressured at least 15 times and threw several balls to his left into the ground. That was exactly where Humboldt was forcing him to throw. Two of the high passes came with our #63 in his face. Bigster, your credibility is not very good when you make a comment that Humboldt is not very physical when they ran the off-tackle play 20 times in a row and smashed the front 8. Your comment about players going for the strip is rewriting history as well. On one run, Wedley dragged 4 people into the endzone. On the double reverse, your players were shouting that Brooks was getting the ball. They had scouted film. The coaches threw a loop into that! On that play, Wedley was the lead blocker and your player kept running backwards because he did not want to get mashed. A team does not rush for 380 yards between the tackles without being physical. Finally, I am so proud of how our boys worked together. Lake County's plan was to stop Humboldt's tailback and spread. The team responded by having the fullback wear out the defense and several times the tailback was 25 yards downfield blocking for him. They then started getting the tailback the ball on the option and toss and every player on the offense was downfield with 3rd and 4th blocks! On McCorry's TD int return, he should have been tackled, but he slowed down to allow 6 Vikings to catch up and get around him and they blocked a path for him. Humboldt has a great "TEAM"! We show respect to our opponents. Our coaches would never allow a player to stomp and spit on the middle of the opponents' field. The same player was dancing while Humboldt's band played when y'all were down 21 points. I don't know if you noticed, but the majority of the "soft-hitting" plays that the Humboldt offense ran went right at that player.

Anyhow, good luck to Lake County in the playoffs. You have a great team that can score at will. You scored 52 points versus Union City. That was impressive! I hope we can beat them by at least 1 point. The way you have presented this, we probably don't have a shot. But our players are on a mission and I think that they will be ready!

Didn't see you on here but now yall ahe won by about 28 points and you then come on and want to try to look like the Vikings were so physical and blew the Falcons out.Truth was Weldon runs hard.Humboldt has a lot of speed.But as far as being physical,wasnt any more to me than Union City on the offensive end.The Vikings never really stopped Lake Co.Maybe on a few plays but Lake Co was driving on their own by running the ball and decided to throw and threw an intercepton.I think if Lake Co doent turn the ball over those two trips ,they would have scored.But listen to yall is that yall tighetened up.No.Lake Co killed themselves and stopped themselves.But when Humboldt had two turnovers it is the Vikings saying we would have scored.When Lake Co turned the ball over the Vikings are saying they tighted up.Get real.Lake co moved the ball and only Lake Co stopped themselves.You lose credibility when you come on and make it look like yall was just so pyysical.We've had teams run up the middle against us this year that wasnt physical but just got past the line and had the speed to go the distance.Weldon ran hard but not any harder than Hyde from Union City.So yall won and now you can come on and talk like yall are world beaters.a lot of teams have scored a lot of points against us.Trenton scored just about as many.Same for South Fulton.Wouldnt say they were anything special as far as physical.Call it poor tackling .And where were the line backers and secondary.But yall have track stars so I see why.

Humboldt looked ok on offense but didnt think they were as pyysical as Union City other than #32 for Humboldt.I think Union City will play the run better than Lake Co whereas a team can throw on them.

This is what you said in a previous post. You were dominated and gave up 380 yards of rushing between the tackles where you had 8 players. Write it however you want. It does not make it true. And your quarterback was throwing 8 yard stop routes into the ground. Good Luck and hope you can get it back together for the playoffs.

ok.Can you not read.Didn't say yall weren't physical.Said didnt think yall were as pyhsical as Union city on offense.

Bigster, you said that Humboldt is not as physical as Union City. I believe that is what Redskin was referring to. Now, let me address these things to everyone.

FIRST, I want to respond to the "Aaron Rodgers title belt" comment. Our kids NEVER did that after a score. Please make sure you get the film so you can see this for yourself. SECOND, I was going to leave 78 out of this, but since he's been mentioned, I will add my two cents. Before the game during warmups (most Lake Co fans were not there yet)78 ran to the middle of our field and danced and spit on our "H." Perhaps he thinks this intimidates other teams, but it just added extra motivation for our kids. We probably don't need to even mention his dancing on the defensive line during the game while getting beat 21 points. As for our 58, things happen in the trenches during a play, and everyone knows that. That's part of the game. If I got on here and cried about the things that happen to our players on the line, I'd never be able to go to work.

Now, I am not sure how you can say we aren't as physical as UC. You scored 52 points on them!! However, you have seen both teams, so I will defer to your judgment. Remember, before the game you were certain our "short" defensive backs couldn't handle your passing game and your receivers. Your number 11 fumbled because as he was dancing around (man he is shifty) to get an additional yard, he turned and Shaquille McCorry smashed him so the ball came out. On another other fumble, big Tevin Bryson spun your guy around like a wrestling move and caused the ball to pop in the air. That is being physical. I have to say, Humboldt has been called a lot of things, but not as physical as another team is definitely NOT one of them. :roflolk: Perhpas I am oversenstive to this, but we take great pride in being physical. We have for the last few years. Wedley carrying two players??? I don't care what your players were trying to do. That was a HECK of a run, and he deserves ALL the credit, along with the other two players, Moody and Austin, who ran down with him to try to help.

I can assure you that NO ONE is taking Union City lightly. They have a very good football team, and the only way we win the district is by beating them. Humboldt needs to have another good week of practice so that they can be at their best next Friday. Go Vikings!!!!

Edited by VolsMan16

Bigster, you said that Humboldt is not as physical as Union City. I believe that is what Redskin was referring to. Now, let me address these things to everyone.

FIRST, I want to respond to the "Aaron Rodgers title belt" comment. Our kids NEVER did that after a score. Please make sure you get the film so you can see this for yourself. SECOND, I was going to leave 78 out of this, but since he's been mentioned, I will add my two cents. Before the game during warmups (most Lake Co fans were not there yet)78 ran to the middle of our field and danced and spit on our "H." Perhaps he thinks this intimidates other teams, but it just added extra motivation for our kids. We probably don't need to even mention his dancing on the defensive line during the game while getting beat 21 points. As for our 58, things happen in the trenches during a play, and everyone knows that. That's part of the game. If I got on here and cried about the things that happen to our players on the line, I'd never be able to go to work.

Now, I am not sure how you can say we aren't as physical as UC. You scored 52 points on them!! However, you have seen both teams, so I will defer to your judgment. Remember, before the game you were certain our "short" defensive backs couldn't handle your passing game and your receivers. Your number 11 fumbled because as he was dancing around (man he is shifty) to get an additional yard, he turned and Shaquille McCorry smashed him so the ball came out. On another other fumble, big Tevin Bryson spun your guy around like a wrestling move and caused the ball to pop in the air. That is being physical. I have to say, Humboldt has been called a lot of things, but not as physical as another team is definitely NOT one of them. :roflolk: Perhpas I am oversenstive to this, but we take great pride in being physical. We have for the last few years. Wedley carrying two players??? I don't care what your players were trying to do. That was a HECK of a run, and he deserves ALL the credit, along with the other two players, Moody and Austin, who ran down with him to try to help.

I can assure you that NO ONE is taking Union City lightly. They have a very good football team, and the only way we win the district is by beating them. Humboldt needs to have another good week of practice so that they can be at their best next Friday. Go Vikings!!!!

I wasn't there so I didnt see that.But that's not to say he didn't.As a matter of face ,probably would agree that he would be the one.He was the player I was referring to also,Dont mind saying that.He needs to be coralled.He comes off the field throwing little tantrums and Coach Ross has to continually go over and talk and baby sit him.As for the physical,I was talking about on offense and playing smash mouth football.Wasnt talking about their defense but the 52 points were scored on pass plays.Not on their rush defense.

Edited by mrbigster

I know Redskin. He doesn't say much, but when someone says something that is so ridiculous, he feels the need to bring some lucidity to the conversation. First, our player's name is WEDLEY.

Second, you ask where our secondary was? It was busy getting four interceptions and running one back for a td, which ya'll said wouldn't happen. :thumb:

And, if Wedley, 32, did the Rogers title belt celebration, please have your coach send the film to our coach. It was not apparent from our side, so we certainly didn't see it. It would be very uncharacteristic for him to do something like that. He is a class act and will finish in the top of his class this spring. Of course, he was upset about 78 spitting on our "H" and the player pushing our number 30, which is why he got the unsportsmanlike call that offset with yours. He defends his teammates, and that is usually the only way he does anything out of the ordinary.

Anyway, I believe I am ready to move on to our Union City game. We had a great game last night, and I am tired of defending our players and play after winning 35 to 7. There really isn't anything left to discuss.

Good luck to Lake County in the playoffs.

GO VIKINGS!!!!!!!

I know Redskin. He doesn't say much, but when someone says something that is so ridiculous, he feels the need to bring some lucidity to the conversation. First, our player's name is WEDLEY.

Second, you ask where our secondary was? It was busy getting four interceptions and running one back for a td, which ya'll said wouldn't happen. :thumb:

Humbolt is physical enough. They will beat Union City if they play their game. The title belt thing did happen but it's not a big deal. Humbolt had 3 int's in the game not 4. Humbolt is a good team and see them advancing deep in the playoff's. State title game good not sure about that. I hope they do well in the playoff's. The dancing and spitting I did not see that but not saying it did not happen. I do not think it's a good practice for anybody to call out a kid by name or number on a message board. Game is over Humbolt won and good luck the rest of the season.