Perry County at Wayne County

theGURU

I have been waiting for this board to get back to intellegent football talk...

PC and WC will be the best 1A game of the week and probably will be close as was last years match. i dont see triple overtime but a barnburner nontheless.

PC has been pretty good on defense but have not faced anyone like WC, PC defense uses alot of blitzing with CANNOT be done against a veer or any option for that matter (football 101) but does the DC know that...probably not.

WC secondary better be spot on and bring pressure on Tucker at the same time... easier said than done.

WC is pretty tough at HOME and PC ususally starts slow on the road which they cannot afford to do this week as in weeks past.

i am going with WC in this one... 35 to 28.

Good luck to both teams in the playoffs.

Hope it's not another triple OT, don't know if I can take it or not! This will definitely be the toughest team PC has faced all season, both offensively and defensively. Penalties killed us in the 1st half last week, some earned, some totally bogus. IF PC can control the penalties, and IF the refs will make good calls for both sides and just let two really good teams play football, this should be one heck of a game. If the refs are like the ones we had last week, they may get stoned in the parking lot. :shock:

Hope it's not another triple OT, don't know if I can take it or not! This will definitely be the toughest team PC has faced all season, both offensively and defensively. Penalties killed us in the 1st half last week, some earned, some totally bogus. IF PC can control the penalties, and IF the refs will make good calls for both sides and just let two really good teams play football, this should be one heck of a game. If the refs are like the ones we had last week, they may get stoned in the parking lot. :shock:

good point about the refs... 1A teams usually get the worst refs but since this is such a big game maybe it will not be a factor... Home field advantage is why i am picking WC in a barnburner. i dont think the weather will be a factor for PC as some have claimed, Tucker will probably have a great game as always. should be a great atmosphere in the boro this friday night.

I know, me too. Just a bunch of PC folks talking to each other, lol. Where are all the WC posters?

ok then just ingore what i say if its not what yall wanna hear, and i know they can win this game i'm just lookin at it realistically and i'm sorry if i affend anyone but i just call it like i see it

He has more than 1 account come on think. I would like him to tell me where he seen Duece drop a pass. I cant remember 1 and I watch close . You tell me Jay have you seen Duece drop one?

OLD FASHIONED SAYS: I'm not from that county they call Perry County biggun. I'm from that county they call Humphreys County. I'm everything there is to know about that town they call Linden because when i was a little lad, i used to ride with my grandad to watch that guy they call Mike Rhodes play ball, and i've been a fan of the team they call the Vikings ever since.

i dont have another account radio...im tellin the truth...if you wanna say its me go ahead but i dont have another account

I don't post as much as I used to mostly because crap like this takes up most of the boards.

Well, I have finally caught up with the reading after havin to go through pages of BS talk about some dude named Jay. It better not be you Uncle Jay!!! Lol....inside joke.

First let me say this...this will be a good game between 2 great teams and will be a hard fought game, and it will be played with the up most respect coming from both team's players and coaching staffs. In my honest to God opinion...these two teams both have really good Ds and one might be a little better than the other but it will be decided tomorrow night....for ya'll to say which one is better based off stats from games where neither teams starters have played in the 4th quarter over half the season is just ignorant.

Second, how many times have I said on here that the MtP game didn't mean crap. WC had everything go wrong in that game and MtP had everything go right. I also watched the MtP PC game and MtP played horrible against ya'll...both teams have played quality opponents and have come out on top...no team plays flawless all year.

Third....Big D was right about the blitzing D not workin good against the veer and we have a lot of play action out of our veer sets. The secondary for WC will be put to the test unlike any other opponent they have faced but the diff. is that those boys that were Juniors last year are seasoned Seniors this year(all returning starters in the secondary and LB core with a new edition B-Lowe#5). This will be the best game of the year why...because a rivalry like this with two unbeaten, teams playing for the championship, at the end of the season....well...it only comes once in a lifetime.

GO WILDCATS!!!! :thumb:

Edited by wildcatalumni

good point about the refs... 1A teams usually get the worst refs but since this is such a big game maybe it will not be a factor... Home field advantage is why i am picking WC in a barnburner. i dont think the weather will be a factor for PC as some have claimed, Tucker will probably have a great game as always. should be a great atmosphere in the boro this friday night.

It is the same set of refs as last year so should be no problems on that front, both sides were let play last year. I don't see many ticky/tacky flags being thrown, I think it will be called down the middle. PC will need to control their penalties though. For PC to win this they will need to jump out front first so WC has to play catch-up ball. Otherwise if WC gets out front first they could control the clock with the ground game, forcing PC's D to try and get some quick 3 and outs. <- That's where controlling allot of those encroachment penalties will come into play. You cant blow three 3rd and 5 situations in a row like last week and expect to win this game. The old Boro will be a rockin, bet our Vikings have worked on hand-signal's this week.

Edited by sportsfan68

It is the same set of refs as last year so should be no problems on that front, both sides were let play last year. I don't see many ticky/tacky flags being thrown, I think it will be called down the middle. PC will need to control their penalties though. For PC to win this they will need to jump out front first so WC has to play catch-up ball. Otherwise if WC gets out front first they could control the clock with the ground game, forcing PC's D to try and get some quick 3 and outs. <- That's where controlling allot of those encroachment penalties will come into play. You cant blow three 3rd and 5 situations in a row like last week and expect to win this game. The old Boro will be a rockin, bet our Vikings have worked on hand-signal's this week.

Same refs that should be good. It will give a few of them a chance to redeem themselves after all of those holding calls that they missed against #73 for Perry County last year.

I'll say that the out come will be different this year. First thing WC will win and second thing WC will control the game and the tempo. PC will make a late run but too late.

Edited by WCHSGRAD

You heard wrong Radio. They are on now(lol). We gotta do something to slow that bunch of WR you all have down some.

Well tell him thanks, That is all you guys need to do is give our receivers and advantage.

The offensive player has the advantage on a slippery field. He knows where he wants to go and therefore can prepare better for sharp or sudden direction changes. The defender must react, and is therefore more likely to try to cut aggressively, and therefore slip. CAN YOU SAY TOUCHDOWN!!!!

So I say PC 35 Wc 21 Go VIKINGS

Well tell him thanks, That is all you guys need to do is give our receivers and advantage.

The offensive player has the advantage on a slippery field. He knows where he wants to go and therefore can prepare better for sharp or sudden direction changes. The defender must react, and is therefore more likely to try to cut aggressively, and therefore slip. CAN YOU SAY TOUCHDOWN!!!!

So I say PC 35 Wc 21 Go VIKINGS

Will not happen when the WRs are jammed at the line. Cold & wet wrs drop passes too. By the way, PC doesn't hit may extra points so you need to take off 5 of those points. WC will score 5 TDs at least.

Will not happen when the WRs are jammed at the line. Cold & wet wrs drop passes too. By the way, PC doesn't hit may extra points so you need to take off 5 of those points. WC will score 5 TDs at least.

Or I could add 5 more points after they make all the 2 point conversions. I will say they do not go for the extra point and go for 2 all the time. I am giving you credit 21 points would be the most scored on us all year, and we have scored in the 40s the last 7 games.