CPA - Lipscomb

CPA4Ever

Well, Lipscomb has apparently turned their season around with 3 wins in a row, and an upset of Pearl Cohn. CPA looked unimpressive against East Lit, looked really good for 3 quarters in a loss to Maplewood; then dominated Whites Creek.

How do you see this one coming out?

DL has scored 14 points per game, and lost bad to Goodpasture.

CPA's starting defense has given up 5 TD's all season, and Wharton is back healthy again.

Lipscomb will, IMO, have trouble scoring more than 14 on CPA, so I predict:

CPA 28-Lipscomb 14.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This could actually be an good game. Lipscomb has turned it around at the right time, and CPA seems to have cooled off after a great start. Earlier I would have said CPA by 28. I still think CPA has better athletes at the skill positions, and their defense has been great. So I say CPA 21-DL 14.

p.s. It would be a shame for CPA and GP to meet in the first round again like some of the projections are showing.

This could actually be an good game. Lipscomb has turned it around at the right time, and CPA seems to have cooled off after a great start. Earlier I would have said CPA by 28. I still think CPA has better athletes at the skill positions, and their defense has been great. So I say CPA 21-DL 14.

p.s. It would be a shame for CPA and GP to meet in the first round again like some of the projections are showing.

Why because GP might win this time they meet? Here's few things to think on. First of all, CPA played a weak schedule early. Yes, they played and beat Goodpasture early. However, GP really had some problems early especially on defense. Secondly, Wharton was a surprise GP probably had no idea about prior to the game. CPA is now facing "the meat" of the Class AA District 10 schedule and will be tested against DL and Pearl-Cohn the following week. It should be interesting to see how things play out over the next few weeks in district 10.

Why because GP might win this time they meet? Here's few things to think on. First of all, CPA played a weak schedule early. Yes, they played and beat Goodpasture early. However, GP really had some problems early especially on defense. Secondly, Wharton was a surprise GP probably had no idea about prior to the game. CPA is now facing "the meat" of the Class AA District 10 schedule and will be tested against DL and Pearl-Cohn the following week. It should be interesting to see how things play out over the next few weeks in district 10.

I am GP fan/alum. CPA has had several great teams the past few years, but it seems they always lose in the first round to GP so nobody knows about them. As a GP fan, I want no part of CPA this year until later rounds.

I agree with you on Wharton being a big suprise to GP. They had no answer for him. Sorry to hijack the thread.

Hijacking is what gp does best. They've been hijacking players from other schools around Nashville for years...

Just shutup. There is no need for that here. If you have solid proof of cheating then produce it and someone will take it to the TSSAA and the school administration. It is very old to continue to hear this with no proof.

Just shutup. There is no need for that here. If you have solid proof of cheating then produce it and someone will take it to the TSSAA and the school administration. It is very old to continue to hear this with no proof.

Not very christian of you, Rev. I understand now why gp's players have such filthy mouths on the field.

How did Wharton do against Whites Creek?

About 90 yards rushing with a TD, a nice reception, and threw an incomplete pass after catching a lateral pass. Had a couple of good kick returns, but still made some mistakes trying to make something out of nothing, and ended up losing yardage. He is a great athlete but young and needs to learn that there are times to just get a couple of yards rather than trying to go backwards and outrunning everyone, which loses yards. In coaching, it is hard to try to change the style of a great athlete because you can ruin them by reining them back.

At least he looked like he finally is 100% running again.