Roland Genesy/Millington

dou

I think Roland Genesy is in the top 3 players I have seen all year . Hard to believe hes a senior. I hope Millington goes far in the playoffs. Dou, have a safe trip to Jackson. Ill talk to u soon and text u for updates hope to hear back from you while im out of town this week. See u next week on senior night when you play for the district tittle against Arlington.

One thing you must understand is he goes against 8 or 9 in the box every play.Craigmont is not weak a team and the coaches there always defend our wing t well. Genesy just like last year gets stronger as the season goes.

First- never said Craigmont was a weak opponent...probably the 3rd best team on Trojan schedule.. i simply meant that after seeing both teams play I think Arlington will make for a tougher matchup player for player..but thats just a personal opinion

Second- I take back my statement about not being mentioned as top back in state...his body of work definitly puts him in that category.. but like you said, when he goes against well prepared/GOOD teams(notice didnt say real good)there going to put 8 or 9 in box and that will tame most BEASTS.. but that bein said, any coach would drool to have him in their backfield

Genesy is very good, but it's gonna be hard for him to overshadow Kimbrough from East and Lowe from Germantown as far as Shelby Metro backs go. Not taking away from the season he is having, there are just a few other really good backs in the area.

I can understand where you guys are coming from but I believe the post was oringally trying to point out the fact that Genesy has not been mentioned on here or any other social or media network as being a top back in the area much less the state. I believe his numbers prove he should be.

Oh and I was looking at some footage the other day of Genesy's sidekick Mr. Webber and he's no push over either. I would be thrilled to have either one of those kids as my #1 back. We're just blessed to have both. Sorry so long winded. Just a fan speaking up for my team. Good luck to y'all this weekend.

Genesy is very good, but it's gonna be hard for him to overshadow Kimbrough from East and Lowe from Germantown as far as Shelby Metro backs go. Not taking away from the season he is having, there are just a few other really good backs in the area.

Just curious but when we are up against a team coach takes out Roland.. Now does east and gtown leave in there RB's and let em pad there stats any? Seems they might be doing that. When MUS and East played Kimbrow was shut down big time. Mus isn't having there best yr.

Alright I think I have a pretty good eye for Skill player talent... I'm goin to mention all the backs in the Area that I've seen run and ONE not in the area and I wnat a knowledgable Millington fan to tell me who he's better than or even with...

In no particular order I'll rank teirs of backs...

Top Backs in the State Caliber, That I've actually seen RUN:

"I-Train" Mathers- Blackman (Murfresboro)

Brian Kimbrow - Memphis East

Jaylen Walton - Ridgeway

Javon Robinsom- Wooddale

Mark Dotson - Whitehaven

Shatavious Lowe - Germantown

Sheldon Dawson - Ridgeway

lil Marcus Holiday - Fairley

Top Backs in the Shelby Metro Area that I've heard enough about to know they good to be mentioned:

Ced Miller II- Southwind

Jordan Wilkins- SBA

The two RBs from CBHS

Shane Tucker - MUS

Where does the Millington RB enter because I am pretty sure I-Train, Walton, Dawson, Robinson and Kimbrow are the top in the State, easily.

Alright I think I have a pretty good eye for Skill player talent... I'm goin to mention all the backs in the Area that I've seen run and ONE not in the area and I wnat a knowledgable Millington fan to tell me who he's better than or even with...

Jaylen Walton - Ridgeway

Javon Robinsom- Wooddale

Mark Dotson - Whitehaven

Top Backs in the Shelby Metro Area that I've heard enough about to know they good to be mentioned:

Ced Miller II- Southwind

Jordan Wilkins- SBA

The two RBs from CBHS

Shane Tucker - MUS

Where does the Millington RB enter because I am pretty sure I-Train, Walton, Dawson, Robinson and Kimbrow are the top in the State, easily.

I compare Roland Genesy to be similar to Alabama's Richardson. Roland isn't your scat back or juky style running back he is a true full back guy.

Jaylen Walton - Ridgeway

Javon Robinsom- Wooddale

Mark Dotson - Whitehaven

Ced Miller II- Southwind

Jordan Wilkins- SBA

The two RBs from CBHS

Shane Tucker - MUS

Ok I'm clear this up for all y'all... Roland had 105 against MUS last year and 175 against Arlington last year and I definitely think MUS defense was better

Then than they are now... He had 119 against Brighton in which they had 9 in the box and we blocked none of them.... Yes kimbrow, Lowe,Miller and Walton are good.... Nobody is taking away from that and looking at that list you just named, you left off Jordan Wilkins from St.Benedict... But when I read the paper all those backs average 25+ carries... Rolands averaging maybe 17 carries a game... I'm good friends with Ridgeways head coach as well as a lot of coaches in the city cause most of us played at Memphis, and the first thing they ask or talk about is Roland... So hands down he is one of the top backs in the Shelby-Metro area.... And I definitely think he's being overlooked... I seen Marlon Barnes play cuz he played with my brother and I played with Galloway.... And he is that type of back... And I think Marlon Barnes was of the best running backs to come out of the Shelby Metro area...

Jaylen Walton - Ridgeway

Javon Robinsom- Wooddale

Mark Dotson - Whitehaven

Ced Miller II- Southwind

Jordan Wilkins- SBA

The two RBs from CBHS

Shane Tucker - MUS

not a millington fan but i would have to say you are pretty spot on with your list of top backs...i would throw Davenport from Riverdale in there but other than that sounds like you have a good eye for talent.Genesy's numbers are the only thing that put him in category with your Mathers and Kimbrows. but thats not saying Memphis shouldnt sign a guy like Genesy. they would be stupid not too. When your talking about Mathers and Kimbrow tho you are talking about SEC caliber backs. Im sure Arkansas state or a similar school will get him tho just like all good players from Shelby Metro. Kudos coach Porter

Ok I'm clear this up for all y'all... Roland had 105 against MUS last year and 175 against Arlington last year and I definitely think MUS defense was better

Then than they are now... He had 119 against Brighton in which they had 9 in the box and we blocked none of them.... Yes kimbrow, Lowe,Miller and Walton are good.... Nobody is taking away from that and looking at that list you just named, you left off Jordan Wilkins from St.Benedict... But when I read the paper all those backs average 25+ carries... Rolands averaging maybe 17 carries a game... I'm good friends with Ridgeways head coach as well as a lot of coaches in the city cause most of us played at Memphis, and the first thing they ask or talk about is Roland... So hands down he is one of the top backs in the Shelby-Metro area.... And I definitely think he's being overlooked... I seen Marlon Barnes play cuz he played with my brother and I played with Galloway.... And he is that type of back... And I think Marlon Barnes was of the best running backs to come out of the Shelby Metro area...

because they play patty cake teams and he is on sideline for second half in most games is why he is averaging 17 carries..i promise you they feed him the rock. I guess it doesnt help tho that bartlett bolton have fallen off the map and millington is forced to play them so not there fault but that is the reason his carries are low in comparison. i dont think Marlon Brown is a good comparison tho. they look nothing alike, not near as fast, cant cut like Barnes. Genesy is more like a fullback. o wait, he plays FB...why is this even a discussion. the post should read why isn't Genesy getting more talk for being best FB in state