Humboldt vs Union City

87vikingalumni

Again.Lake Co rushed for 225 yards and passed for 109 yards.Had it not been for all the turnovers,Lake Co would have had the ball longer and even better stats.Yes.Only 7 points but even with all the turnovers,still had a chance to pull within 21-14 going into the 4th quarter and prpbably dont have to throw the ball or could have led to different play calls and the Vikings not getting the last touchdown off the interception they ran back.Can't bank on UC turning the ball over 7 times.I think it will be a close game.Could be wrong.I'm thinking maybe 28 to 21.

Mr. Bigster you been around the game a long time. You should know that the players are taught to kept the other team out of the endzone. Numbers are good for stats and thats it! LC has some good athletes and run the spread that will open up the run a bit! LC had a total of 324 yards but the only thing that counted was the lonely 7 points on the board. Meaning no disrespect to you or any LC fans or the team. If LC put up 52 on UC what will Humboldt do? UC defense has been a problem all year giving up almost 35 a game. UC has beat South Fulton,Peabody,Greenfield and Halls all have losing records. No disrespect meant to UC. Sure UC is capable of beating Humboldt. But i don't think UC has the numbers to do so. This game will be close for the first half then the running backs for Humboldt will run in and out will wear down the UC defense! Good luck to the Falcons in the 1A playoffs!

Edited by zebra99

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Redskin. I have been told the same things you were. The gameplan played out on the field. Our coaching staff was EXTREMELY prepared and believed what would happen Friday night is exactly what happened. Our kids executed beautifully. I thought we were done with the Lake Co/Humboldt game! Thanks for the clarification, and NOW we can HOPEFULLY stop talking about a game that was LAST WEEK!!! This is a Humboldt vs. Union City thread, NOT a Lake County vs. Humboldt thread. Lake Co. has only been brought up in reference to comparing this game because Lake Co. and UC hae played against each other. We are NOT reliving last week's game. That has been beaten to death. We have to travel to Union City this Friday. They'll be ready to play us. They could spoil our chances at a district championship so it will be a tough game. I hope we can have a turnover-free game! :thumb: Go Vikings!!!!!!

UC has a decent running game. The Hyde kid is strong but he isn't the threat Nicks was in '09. The slot backs have decent speed but are in no way power runners. The key to beating UC is to have disciplined corners that stay on their assignment. Once the corners start to creep up to play the speed sweep, that's when they try to throw the sideline route upfield or over the middle to the non-motion back. They have definitely improved with the return of Rutland at QB, but in my opinion they just don't have the big play threat needed to compete with Humboldt. The UC defense is not horrible, but it is definitely lacking. I think the quick-strike ability of the Vikings will be too much for the Tornadoes. As I said, disciplined corners, good safety, and the Vikes should win by 3 scores unless they fall for that old fake punt/sideline pass. I watched a very non-chalant Lake County team score in bunches against UC. A fired up team will cause them a long night.

Luck to both, but I would bet on a Viking victory.

Bigster,

Get the facts straight. The better stats were the 380 yards rushing that the Vikes put on you. I understand that Humboldt's game plan was to give up short plays and make Lake county work to score because they had shown impatience on film. The coaches knew that the turnovers would come because lake co has done it all year. By the way, the key stat is 2 to for Humboldt and 6 for lake co. The other key stat is 3 plays from the 1/2 foot line and you couldn't get past our DEFENSE! Oh yeah and 99 yards later, Humboldt had 7 more points. SORE LOSER!!!!

I've seen Lake Co lose a bunch of games over the years.Don't know why that would make me a Sore loser after one more.This loss didnt bother me one bit .Would rather lose to Humboldt than to Union City.But at the same time,seen a lot of victories.Probably as many playoff appearances as any Single A team ,several state runnersups and a couple State titles.And one in Basketball.So compared to a lot of schools,not too bad. .I know that's how the game goes sometimes.Usually turnovers play a part.Sometimes when two teams are pretty even,the game can go either way.Sometimes when the teams are pretty even,turnovers play a big role and make the game really worsr than what it was.Not saying Humboldt isn't the better team.We may could play 10 times and Humboldt win all 10 times.What I was trying to say is ,just because the score was 35-7 and Lake Co scored 50 plus points on Union City,dont think that yalls game with them is going to be a blow out.Lake Co moved the ball and I expect Union City will as well.And they probably play the run better than Lake Co does.Lake Co passed at will on Union City.Dont think the Vikings can.The Vikings have a very good running game.I think Union city will play the run better than Lake Co and those long 75 yard runs won't be there.Like I said,maybe 28-21 humboldt.

Go Vikingssssssssssssss...Only because if yall win and Lake Co beats Halls,the Falcons will be seeded 2nd...But then again,as bad as I hate losing to Union City..but I do respect the Tornadoes.Just hate losing to them.But if they were to beat the Vikings.As bad as I'd hate to travel.May be worth it.Go Tornadoes.

Edited by mrbigster

Go Vikingssssssssssssss...Only because if yall win and Lake Co beats Halls,the Falcons will be seeded 2nd...But then again,as bad as I hate losing to Union City..but I do respect the Tornadoes.Just hate losing to them.But if they were to beat the Vikings.As bad as I'd hate to travel.May be worth it.Go Tornadoes.

WOW! Using your screwed up logic would lead to all of us believing that Halls will win versus Lake County. Trenton beat y'all by more than 7 and then only beat Halls by 7, so therefore you will lose. Sorry, no number two this year!

WOW! Using your screwed up logic would lead to all of us believing that Halls will win versus Lake County. Trenton beat y'all by more than 7 and then only beat Halls by 7, so therefore you will lose. Sorry, no number two this year!

Yes .Only you would think that.Same as Union city beating Trenton.You probably thought since Union City beat Trenton and Lake Co didn't ,then Lake Co had no chance.Just like you thinking because Lake Co beat Union City and yall beat Lake Co,going to have an easy time with U.C.You FALCON HATER.

I tell you what.Halls may beat Lake Co.I'm not as confident as the Vikings are before we play.But I am a gambler.I'd be willing to bet $100.00 dollars that Lake Co wins and will give you a chance to get your money back in basketball...