Alcoa @ CAK

F5seekshelter

Been waiting for this matchup since about week #3. The Tornadoes are coming off a big win over Fulton. They have gradually gotten better each week partly due to the movement of players to positions that fit the style of offense and defense that Alcoa's coaching staff has put into place. With that said, hopefully the Tornadoes can finish off the regular season with a win over the Warriors. I'm really anxious to see what Alcoa's running game can do against the CAK defense. Also, hoping our defense can come up with a few stops against the Warrior's explosive offense. Let's get it on!!! Go Tornadoes!!!

After watching both teams play the same opponent, IMHO - I am going to have to go with CAK in a close, high scoring game. However, both teams need to bring their A game if they want to win and it could easliy come down to the team that makes the least amount of mistakes! Either way - I expect a barn burner!

After watching both teams play the same opponent, IMHO - I am going to have to go with CAK in a close, high scoring game. However, both teams need to bring their A game if they want to win and it could easliy come down to the team that makes the least amount of mistakes! Either way - I expect a barn burner!

What same opponent would that have been? If you don't mind my asking????

Kingston

Interesting....... Although CAK did have more points on scoreboard at the end of the night, I thought the Tornadoes D pretty much held the Jackets in check. I think the F5's gave up 7 and the F1's gave up one late???? 36-13 final with the F1's taking a knee inside the 10 rather than scoring was a bit misleading as well.... But interesting pick. I agree, this should be a great game!!!

CAK sustained several injuries this past Friday. I'm not sure which of those players will be available for this game. While CAK has a number of excellent players, #25 Josh Smith is the "do everything" althlete that has been the biggest threat this year. If he and the other injured are not available, there is no question it will have an effect on this game.

CAK sustained several injuries this past Friday. I'm not sure which of those players will be available for this game. While CAK has a number of excellent players, #25 Josh Smith is the "do everything" althlete that has been the biggest threat this year. If he and the other injured are not available, there is no question it will have an effect on this game.

We Alcoa fans completely understand the injury bug. This has been one of the toughest years that I can remember. Looks like the Tornadoes are in pretty good shape heading into the game this week.

Hope the Warriors are okay. I'm really looking forward to a very good injury free game. I'm also hoping there will be plenty of that nanner puddin to go around!!!!

This has been a much anticipated game all season. In the previous 2 years these teams met each other with undefeated records, both 9-0. This year each team has some blemishes on the record but are still highly ranked and highly regarded. Alcoa has been battling injuries much of the season but now appears to be healthy, CAK has experienced fewer injuries than Alcoa most of the season but this past Friday night sustained multiple injuries to key players. Will these players be available for Friday night?, who knows. It may come down to choosing whether to take a risk and play guys who are less than 100% but could go, and risk further injury and lose them for the playoffs. Or, sit them and give them more time to heal so they can better help the team win games in the playoffs. Tough decisions to be made this week by coaches, players & physicians. Even with a 100% healthy team CAK will be pressed to beat a very capable Alcoa team.

If both teams bring their A game then this could be another classic. Either team is capable of winning. My biggest concern for CAK (outside of the injured players) is if the Warriors can slow the Tornadoes offense down enough to give themselves a chance. Its no secret that we have some weaknesses in our defense that we have not been able to completely remedy this year. But the D is still a scrappy unit that is capable of getting some stops, pops, and turnovers. And of course, special teams are always a concern. Offensively, the Warriors are a threat when completely healthy with all their weapons. Without a couple of those weapons then the offense will most likely struggle against a good Alcoa defense.

Not sure exactly what to expect in this game other than an exciting hard fought game from 2 very good programs who are all too familiar with each other. Win or Lose there is always a high probability of these 2 teams seeing each other again relatively soon in the playoffs.