Alcoa @ CAK

F5seekshelter

What the heck, as long as we have an injury report let's go ahead and list the players by name and position!!! I think this is a little too much. If my son were one of the players listed as banged up or questionable I would wonder why someone is posting it for the entire world to see.

I may be over the top on this one but I wonder what is there to gain by posting this???

I didn't know that posts on this board were for the purpose of "gaining" anything other than knowledge about what to expect from the upcoming game and to banter with other football fanatics. I do think you are being a bit over the top, but thats certainly your prerogative. And of course you know I never mention a player by name or number unless it is to give him some props. Nothing I have said is a big secret. 1) both schools have exchanged game film as is customary after their most recent Friday night games, its no secret that some CAK players were injured 2) CAK games are broadcast on the strongest FM station in the state of TN and streamed live on the internet, and every last player injured was mentioned during that broadcast because I was listening and watching 3) Gary Rankin's daughter is walking the hallways and sitting in classes with these very same players at CAK every single school day. I have had conversations with others before about injury reports and whether they should be mentioned on public message boards and I am completely comfortable with what I have said or posted. I assure you that while casual followers of Alcoa or CAK may not be aware of these sorts of things, the coaches from each school know. I was receiving text messages from people at the Alcoa games when V and Oggs were injured. Any way, we simply disagree on this issue. If I thought that anything I posted on this board could possibly hurt CAK's chances of winning this game or hurt any individual player you know I wouldn't. And NO, it wouldn't bother me if it were my son mentioned especially after it was already widely know from the sources I've already cited above.

Edited by FootballDad

CAK will have to take much better care of the ball this week to have a chance to hang in there, particularly with the injuries. The Warriors have been very good in the turnover ratio this year, but last week's 5 turnovers is hard to overcome. Couple that with Alcoa having a game plan to chew up clock and keep Chalie High and company on the sideline, and it makes it that much more important that CAK take advantage of their possessions. I don't like our chances if we leave the defense out on the field most of the night. They are playing their best football right now, but CAK must either score or have sustained drives to give those guys time to recover.

While CAK does have a potent offense, it is predicated on good pass protection, accurate throws and good timing. The vast majority of teams we play are not able to disrupt our offensive scheme. However; Alcoa is certainly a team that we know can and has created great difficulties for our offense. I know that our defense will be greatly challenged to slow down the power game & the speed of the Tornadoes, so it is imperative that the Warrior offense answers the bell in order for us to have a chance to pull out a victory. I still believe a great pass will beat great coverage most of the time, so if we are on our game I believe we can move the football. But we must click better this week than we did last week. Go Warriors.

While CAK does have a potent offense, it is predicated on good pass protection, accurate throws and good timing. The vast majority of teams we play are not able to disrupt our offensive scheme. However; Alcoa is certainly a team that we know can and has created great difficulties for our offense. I know that our defense will be greatly challenged to slow down the power game & the speed of the Tornadoes, so it is imperative that the Warrior offense answers the bell in order for us to have a chance to pull out a victory. I still believe a great pass will beat great coverage most of the time, so if we are on our game I believe we can move the football. But we must click better this week than we did last week. Go Warriors.

We have a little game with GCA Friday night. You have any insight as what to expect or any tendacies they may have? We are not in your media market so don't know much about them.

Edited by TheBlackPearl

We have a little game with GCA Friday night. You have any insight as what to expect or any tendacies they may have? We are not in your media market so don't know much about them.

GCA is very good this year. They have enough size on the line to be competitive. I'm even more impressed, though, by the efficient way the skill players execute their offense. They run a variation of a Wing-T with one receiver split wide to one side of the other.

They basically run only about 5 plays:

Fullback up the middle with trap blocking

Wingback in motion handoff up the middle with trap blocking--to the R or L

Wingback in motion jet sweep--to the R or L

Quick slant to WR

Fly to WR

The RBs do a nice job of fighting for extra yardage; if you try to arm tackle them, they'll get loose. All skill players do a nice job of not putting the ball on the ground.

If the game is at GCA, be prepared for a slightly more rowdy crowd than you would normally expect from a religious school. Nothing too bad, but they have some fans who will yell the jersey numbers of opposing players while they're listening for the snap count and stuff like that.

Good luck.

No.

Sure they have, CAK played at Grace... :ph34r:

As for the rain and a throwing team, I have followed CAK for a couple years now and can remember them playing Loudon, and Page in the rain and it did not slow them down.

Rain has the potential to slow down anyone who is holding on to the ole pigskin. So I dont know if I would say it effects a throwing over running, its all about how prepared a team is for the conditions at hand!

Is it friday yet?

Edited by Abijah

Rain or shine this should be another classic CAK vs. Alcoa battle!

Tough to call this one. I like Alcoa as the better defense. CAK can certainly put points on the board. Alcoa could control the clock with a good solid ground game.

To avoid CAK's secret "let 'em score, so we can score" game plan. Alcoa could counter by running eleven yards and take a knee. I guess we'll know soon enough. Will it be the same ole, same ole, or will the Warriors finally notch the big "W"?

All I know for sure, this is CAK's best opportunity! Better not waste it, you won't get many!

Rain or shine this should be another classic CAK vs. Alcoa battle!

Tough to call this one. I like Alcoa as the better defense. CAK can certainly put points on the board. Alcoa could control the clock with a good solid ground game.

To avoid CAK's secret "let 'em score, so we can score" game plan. Alcoa could counter by running eleven yards and take a knee. I guess we'll know soon enough. Will it be the same ole, same ole, or will the Warriors finally notch the big "W"?

All I know for sure, this is CAK's best opportunity! Better not waste it, you won't get many!

I can't believe there are people on here openly talking about our secret game plan! What are you people thinking about?? These coaches worked too hard at putting together the, "let them score so we can have the ball" game plan for some so called "fans" to give away the strategy. Be better than this.