Alcoa @ CAK

F5seekshelter

Congrats CAK! Great Coaching! Great game plan! Great execution of that game plan! And, the CAK players played with great heart and emotion! Great WIN!

Best of luck in the play-offs!

You and APB can just keep that CAKe you'z suposed to be savin fer me.

5696659916_dc891b8624_alcoacopy-1.jpg

I had to go eat at that Childress man's new diner, and it left a bad taste in my mouth.:roflol:

childressfriedchicken.jpg

They will meet again in the playoffs. Hats off to CAK. A lot of blood, sweat and hard work by the kids that have played their over the past 10-years paid off tonight. Enjoy this victory.

Classy Post :thumb: Last night was great not only for this CAK team, but for the previous teams, especially the 3 most recent teams. I saw several of those guys standing in the rain around the track and you could tell they felt a part of the victory and proud to have been a part of it. Here's to all the former Warriors who never quit believing that one day we would find a victory against one of the state's premier football programs.

Thanks to, our Seniors:

#11 Jordan Ritchie, #15 John Ragland, #17 Doug Redford, #18 Colby Maddux, #22 Josh Henson, #60 Michael Sizemore, #75 Clay Powers, #85 Chip Rhodes and #90 Chance Reynolds

for giving us Warrior fans a lot to cheer about over the past 4 years. You have been a big part of helping CAK establish a football identity of success and good sportsmanship. You have been humble in victory and gracious in defeat. Regardless of tonights outcome, win or lose, you can walk off that field without regrets. Hold your heads high because you deserve it. I love you all ! May God bless all of you and all the other players tonight on both teams. Hustle, Hit, Never Quit. :thumb:

You guys only have 9 seniors?! Congrats to CAK for a finally getting over the hump against a very strong Alcoa team. From the sounds of it, it appears that you all will be in good shape for next year as well

Good win tonight CAK. It's too bad that this had to happen when CAK and Alcoa didn't have some of their best teams in the recent past. Alcoa has four losses on the season, and CAK lost two games one of which was to 1A GCA. This could have been an instant classic, but the fact that both of these teams are definitely down this year takes away from the greatness of this event.

Ha, ha. It might take away from the greatness of this event to everyone else, but for me, my boy, and the rest of the team, this was a great victory. It got that 800lb gorilla off our back. Now maybe we can start to make this a more interesting rivalry by winning more frequently than every 5 or 6 years. Most likely these teams will continue to see each other twice a year.

You guys only have 9 seniors?! Congrats to CAK for a finally getting over the hump against a very strong Alcoa team. From the sounds of it, it appears that you all will be in good shape for next year as well

Yes, only 9 Seniors. Only 1 plays on offense(FB). It is scary how good they could be on offense next year with basically the same players they have this year. Defensively they will have to find several guys to fill the departing seniors positions.

Hearing of this victory warmed my heart. My warrior brethren did it. Congrats guys, you earned this. Even if Aloca is "down" or CAK is "down". It doesnt matter. This is a classic rivalry and is just awesome. Go Warriors

Hate you couldn't make it, but I understand why. You would have been proud of your old teammates. They didn't play perfect, but they took the fight to Alcoa and came out on the right side of things this time. Hopefully you will be able to make some of the playoff games. Same Quad with Alcoa means a possibility of seeing them again in Round 3

Yes, only 9 Seniors. Only 1 plays on offense(FB). It is scary how good they could be on offense next year with basically the same players they have this year. Defensively they will have to find several guys to fill the departing seniors positions.

That's extremely impressive!! How many of the 9 seniors will you guys have to replace on defense? I know it's early and you all could very well win a title this year, but this team sounds like a force to be reckoned with in the future!

Congrats CAK! Great Coaching! Great game plan! Great execution of that game plan! And, the CAK players played with great heart and emotion! Great WIN!

Best of luck in the play-offs!

Thanks guys. Same to the Tornadoes. Looks like we could see each other again in a few weeks if we both keep winning. We're all super excited at CAK that we finally notched our first win against Alcoa, but we also know it was just one game. The next encounter between these 2 teams could easily go the other way, but should make for a lot of interesting banter if it does happen.

That's extremely impressive!! How many of the 9 seniors will you guys have to replace on defense? I know it's early and you all could very well win a title this year, but this team sounds like a force to be reckoned with in the future!

DE's, both DT's, a ILB, a CB & FS. Defense will be the area of focus next year as far as filling holes. It may require using an offensive lineman or two to help out.

Now that I've replied to many of the posters directly, here is my view of last nights game.

The wet weather reduced CAK's passing opportunities because the field was so "loose" that the receivers were falling on their cuts, and that almost cost the Warriors a TD with #29's INT and return. The field conditions ultimately hurt Alcoa as much or more than the Warriors because it negated some of the quickness, speed and power of the Tornadoes. Although I must say that #15 still was a threat for Alcoa and had a very good game. Since CAK was challenged to pass it they actually went to the ground attack and won the battle in the trenches. The Warrior OL consistently won the battle in the trenches and #32 showed toughness and determination while carrying the football. The limited, but timely passes, kept Alcoa honest and allowed CAK to run the football very efficiently. This was probably the shortest game in CAK history with all the run plays. Defensively, I couldn't be any prouder of the Warriors. I have repeatedly said this unit is suspect and was concerned if we could even slow Alcoa down. They did a much better job than I could have imagined. Yes, they gave up some plays to some very good play makers in #29 & #15 and one big pass that was well defended. But overall I thought the CAK defense took the fight to Alcoa. Basically every play was contested by the Warrior defense. I can't remember us ever getting that much penetration from our DL and LB's on Alcoa. It was certainly disruptive to the Alcoa offense. Happy to see the field goal and PAT's and the overall play of the special teams, which has also been an area of concern most of the year. Just a very solid overall victory for CAK that should boost their confidence level for the next time we face the F5.