Alcoa @ CAK

F5seekshelter

I have an honest question to the Alcoa faithful. I know that no one can have the talent every year that you all have had the last few years, and every team is going to have highs and lows, but watching Alcoa Friday night...something was missing. I mean other than the fact that you are not as talented as years past, there was just something missing, I can't put my finger on it, but it just wasn't like watching the Alcoa that I am used to watching. The only thing that I can come up with after two days of thinking about it is chemistry and I wonder what would have messed up the chemistry on a team with so many championships and the only thing I can find that is different is #15. So, now to my question. Is #15 treated the same by the coach as all of the other players? Honest question, not trying to start anything, but something is different other than the fact that Alcoa is not as good as the last few years.

I was thinking the same thing Jake , but I just didn't want to start anything by bringing it up . Since you've done it for me now :roflol: Whatever it takes for this team to get back to the same mindset they had against Maryville needs to be done . If this Alcoa team can get their confidence back ( swag?) I still think they can win it all . I even sense from some of the fans that this season is already over , I don't believe that at all , as long as this team plays to it's potential . Playoffs are the time to let all the negative stuff go , and pull together as one . Good luck to Alcoa ... and to CAK , and congratulations to CAK , that had to be the biggest win in your team's history .

Call me an optimist but I'm not convinced this season is over. Will it be easy? Not by any means, but not impossible. I do think there is a lack of chemistry and maybe it does happen when someone steps in from outside the program.

Season isnt over by far. I cant speak for the west side of the bracket but I dont see anyone on the east that Alcoa could not beat. That team is going to have to bond/gel together and they've got 4 more days to do it. Its going to have to start at the top with the coaches and go all the way to the bottom to the last freshman to see the field. Right now though everything you did in the regular season is behind you. Everyones record is the same. You're all 0-0. You need to play 3 seasons if you want to win a state title and Alcoa is going into their 3rd season and there isnt anything thats going to hold them back except themselves so they need to work hard and just win!

I am curious as to why we didnt see the Maryland I formation at all vs CAK...We ran all over Fulton with it and multiple times we had 3rd and short or 4th and short and would run a play like QB Draw or deep toss sweep and get stuffed. Taking nothing away from CAKs defense but every time Chapman got the ball get got 3-5 yards plus. If Im going to run the football, Im going to run the guy thats going to get me the yards.

I am curious as to why we didnt see the Maryland I formation at all vs CAK...We ran all over Fulton with it and multiple times we had 3rd and short or 4th and short and would run a play like QB Draw or deep toss sweep and get stuffed. Taking nothing away from CAKs defense but every time Chapman got the ball get got 3-5 yards plus. If Im going to run the football, Im going to run the guy thats going to get me the yards.

IMHO, if both these teams make it to week 3, you will see it plenty. Both of these staffs understand that while you want to win the game in week 10, the one you have to win is in the playoffs.

Good win tonight CAK. It's too bad that this had to happen when CAK and Alcoa didn't have some of their best teams in the recent past. Alcoa has four losses on the season, and CAK lost two games one of which was to 1A GCA. This could have been an instant classic, but the fact that both of these teams are definitely down this year takes away from the greatness of this event.

Whatever! Don't be bitter b/c you were not apart of something that you never did....& that is beat alcoa (& win a district title). Give credit to both teams who played hard, you should be supporting CAK's momentum heading towards the playoffs. You can't take away what this CAK team has done this year.

IMHO, if both these teams make it to week 3, you will see it plenty. Both of these staffs understand that while you want to win the game in week 10, the one you have to win is in the playoffs.

I agree that Chapman is a load and it appears that he was very successful against Fulton out of the Maryland I. Its also true that he didn't get that many touches against CAK. But, when he did I don't recall him ripping off 5 yards at a time. I remember one run that he pushed the pile pretty good and picked up 6 or 7 yards, but I also recall him being taken down at least twice for little or no gain. I say that confidently only after watching the game film twice. It was tough going up the gut against CAK most of the night for the Tornadoes. The big open lanes that they have been accustomed to running through in the past weren't there. Was it the wet track or the inspired play of the Warrior D line and backers? I thought their most effective plays were when Oggs faked the pass and pulled it down and took off. He gashed us a couple of times for some good gains. The play where #77 for Alcoa grabs Oggs as he is going down for a loss or no gain and gets him back on his feet and then he rips off about 10-12 yards was pretty heady. He probably scores on that play if he could have kept his balance. Regardless of who Alcoa has running the ball they are a threat. Power from Chapman or quickness and speed from Oggs and V. It will be a huge challenge for CAK to match our performance again if we both see each other again in round 3. Sure hope the Warriors are up to it. Good luck to both teams in round 1.

The Stacked I, pulling to the strong side was called twice. Both times the QB called his own number and tried to run a draw without the blockers.......The plays are very obvious if you watch the replays.............:bored: This year there has been so many designed plays from the sideline that have been mis-read or not executed properly I have lost count......<sigh> I wish we had stuck with Turby..........

The Stacked I, pulling to the strong side was called twice. Both times the QB called his own number and tried to run a draw without the blockers.......The plays are very obvious if you watch the replays.............:bored: This year there has been so many designed plays from the sideline that have been mis-read or not executed properly I have lost count......<sigh> I wish we had stuck with Turby..........

You, me and many others. Turby knows the system and is a smart kid (don't misread this and think I'm saying Oggs is not smart-that's not what I'm saying). The other players have known him a long time and know what to expect with Landon. I think this plays a lot into the chemistry issue that several of us have commented on.

Is Peyton sick or hurt? Why have we not seen him?

You, me and many others. Turby knows the system and is a smart kid (don't misread this and think I'm saying Oggs is not smart-that's not what I'm saying). The other players have known him a long time and know what to expect with Landon. I think this plays a lot into the chemistry issue that several of us have commented on.

Is Peyton sick or hurt? Why have we not seen him?

Peyton only needs time with the system......All others pieces are there! :thumb:

Turby plays with everything he's got. And he's as tough as they come on this team.

If this team wants to continue plying the next five weeks, they better show A LOT more on field grit and guts then they did against CAK! :angry:

Do you think the coaches feel as if it is too late to go back to Turbyfill now? They could still get #15 a lot of touches with Turbyfill at QB, just in different ways. I believe they have the potential to win another championship, but I agree with you, if they are going to do it, they have to have more fire than they had Friday night. Something was just missing Friday night, whether it was confidence, chemistry, or selfish play, I don't know, but something just didn't seem right.

Do you think the coaches feel as if it is too late to go back to Turbyfill now? They could still get #15 a lot of touches with Turbyfill at QB, just in different ways. I believe they have the potential to win another championship, but I agree with you, if they are going to do it, they have to have more fire than they had Friday night. Something was just missing Friday night, whether it was confidence, chemistry, or selfish play, I don't know, but something just didn't seem right.

This is something Ive been harping at all year long. Oggs is too much of an athlete to not be on the field but not a QB. Use him in the slot, use him in the backfield and lord why dont we use him at outside linebacker anymore? He caused so much havoc during the first part of the season.