Alcoa @ CAK

F5seekshelter

Sure they have, CAK played at Grace... :ph34r:

As for the rain and a throwing team, I have followed CAK for a couple years now and can remember them playing Loudon, and Page in the rain and it did not slow them down.

Rain has the potential to slow down anyone who is holding on to the ole pigskin. So I dont know if I would say it effects a throwing over running, its all about how prepared a team is for the conditions at hand!

Is it friday yet?

LOL...well, they played on a wet (very wet) field at Grace, but not in the rain. How the field got SO wet (it had rained some but not a lot), well that's anybody's guess.

I can't believe there are people on here openly talking about our secret game plan! What are you people thinking about?? These coaches worked too hard at putting together the, "let them score so we can have the ball" game plan for some so called "fans" to give away the strategy. Be better than this.

Don't worry! Just be like "Billy Jack" "I am going to ... and you can't stop me" Boy, am I old to remember that!

Anyway, Just tell 'em, "we are gonna let you score, and you can't stop us!"

Edited by oldhick76

Don't worry! Just be like "Billy Jack" "I am going to ... and you can't stop me" Boy, am I old to remember that!

Anyway, Just tell 'em, "we are gonna let you score, and you can't stop us!"

Good movie. I'm not too worried about Alcoa employing the 11 yd and take a knee trick. That gives the ball back to the Warriors quickly. Now the 4 yard and take a knee strategy is a different story.

Edited by Govolsknox

Rain or shine this should be another classic CAK vs. Alcoa battle!

Tough to call this one. I like Alcoa as the better defense. CAK can certainly put points on the board. Alcoa could control the clock with a good solid ground game.

To avoid CAK's secret "let 'em score, so we can score" game plan. Alcoa could counter by running eleven yards and take a knee. I guess we'll know soon enough. Will it be the same ole, same ole, or will the Warriors finally notch the big "W"?

All I know for sure, this is CAK's best opportunity! Better not waste it, you won't get many!

Outside a few dropped passes and some very costly penalties I think we may have squandered an opportunity last year in the 14-3 playoff game. Thats the closest we have been. Anyway, I understand what you're saying. I just don't know if we have enough horses amongst our stable of ponies to run a complete and competitive race with the thoroughbreds. CAK certainly has a chance and will give it their all. Unfortunately for the Warriors, Alcoa takes this game seriously and will bring their A game. CAK needs for Alcoa to "open the door" just slightly with a few turnovers and untimely penalties and then it could be a barn burner.

[/b]

Outside a few dropped passes and some very costly penalties I think we may have squandered an opportunity last year in the 14-3 playoff game. Thats the closest we have been. Anyway, I understand what you're saying. I just don't know if we have enough horses amongst our stable of ponies to run a complete and competitive race with the thoroughbreds. CAK certainly has a chance and will give it their all. Unfortunately for the Warriors, Alcoa takes this game seriously and will bring their A game. CAK needs for Alcoa to "open the door" just slightly with a few turnovers and untimely penalties and then it could be a barn burner.

Last year their overall talent was better. Do you believe your talent level was better last year too?

Too me, this Alcoa squad is more vulnerable to a team that can put a lot of points on the board. I simply believe this year you have a better chance to outscore them, maybe not. We'll see.

Last year their overall talent was better. Do you believe your talent level was better last year too?

Too me, this Alcoa squad is more vulnerable to a team that can put a lot of points on the board. I simply believe this year you have a better chance to outscore them, maybe not. We'll see.

I think we are more efficient and explosive offensively than we were last year, which is saying a lot since last years team had a very good offense as well. I believe we are averaging around 45 pts per game this year. But defensively we are not as good as we have been the past couple of years. The defense has been playing better, but that was against offenses that aren't in the same league as Alcoa's. We started the year with only 1 returning starter on defense, so we have really been playing catch up all year long. I think you are right in thinking that we may be able to trade score for score with Alcoa, but that sure puts a lot of pressure on the offense to perform flawlessly. This is certainly going to be an entertaining game.

I didn't know that posts on this board were for the purpose of "gaining" anything other than knowledge about what to expect from the upcoming game and to banter with other football fanatics. I do think you are being a bit over the top, but thats certainly your prerogative. And of course you know I never mention a player by name or number unless it is to give him some props. Nothing I have said is a big secret. 1) both schools have exchanged game film as is customary after their most recent Friday night games, its no secret that some CAK players were injured 2) CAK games are broadcast on the strongest FM station in the state of TN and streamed live on the internet, and every last player injured was mentioned during that broadcast because I was listening and watching 3) Gary Rankin's daughter is walking the hallways and sitting in classes with these very same players at CAK every single school day. I have had conversations with others before about injury reports and whether they should be mentioned on public message boards and I am completely comfortable with what I have said or posted. I assure you that while casual followers of Alcoa or CAK may not be aware of these sorts of things, the coaches from each school know. I was receiving text messages from people at the Alcoa games when V and Oggs were injured. Any way, we simply disagree on this issue. If I thought that anything I posted on this board could possibly hurt CAK's chances of winning this game or hurt any individual player you know I wouldn't. And NO, it wouldn't bother me if it were my son mentioned especially after it was already widely know from the sources I've already cited above.

What FM station would that be? I am not going to make the game, but I sure would like to listen!

Does CAK have a video broadcast? I know when I went to the CAK website they had a link to the ihigh broadcast by Alcoa.

I don't think so. However, I heard someone talking about this game being broadcast by WBIR on its secondary channel--the channel where they show reruns of their news and weather. I have not checked the TV listings to confirm whether that is true or not.

IF WBIR carries the game, you should be able to watch a live stream on its website. My wife watched the CAK/Grace game on the computer because she was out of town that day.