HS football coach in Memphis fired after this halftime rant (Audio NSFW)

AmosBearden

Further evidence of the wussification of society. I went to a county school and got chewed twice this bad on several occasions but nobody on that team thought about turning coach in. He teaches Calculus and was put on leave from work.

More than likely, some spoiled brat got his feelings hurt and ran to mommy instead of nutting up and and not taking it personal. We should just turn off the scoreboard and play 2 hand touch.

LINK: AUDIO IS NOT SAFE FOR WORK

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

get real at halftime players got his phone out recording the coach? probaly not coahes first rant and someone ie ast.coach, trainer, mgr. was ready for the rant.

sound disclipne problem being brewing for a while.

I absolutely love it. He could have done it without the cursing, but the point is great. I don't even know if the team deserved it, but most teams deserve and hear the "team first" speech at some point. Sadly, there are times when we all may need someone in our face...

I absolutely love it. He could have done it without the cursing, but the point is great. I don't even know if the team deserved it, but most teams deserve and hear the "team first" speech at some point. Sadly, there are times when we all may need someone in our face...

Where have you guys been already a post on Collierville Coach. Check it for better info.

Take it out of the football setting. If this guy was doing this in the classroom to motivate his students would it be ok? I Think the "F" bombs and "G" -"D"s where over the top. You can motivate young men without cussing. Coach Ronny Wilson from Antioch High School...Old School coach that coached football and baseball through many different changes in society. He never cussed always demanded respect and got it. He said it and you darn well better do it or you where gone regardless of talent level. Players would lay across the tracks for him. His teams where successful. Where some of the Collierville kids punks and deserved to be yelled at? Probably. Every team has some. Let me ask it in a different way. Say your kid did something disrepectful while you where not around and then you walked up while an adult was drapping the "F" bomb and cussing like that what would be your true reaction? My kid deserved it probably? Or who the heck is this guy cussing at my kid. Just a different way of looking at it.

Take it out of the football setting. If this guy was doing this in the classroom to motivate his students would it be ok? I Think the "F" bombs and "G" -"D"s where over the top. You can motivate young men without cussing. Coach Ronny Wilson from Antioch High School...Old School coach that coached football and baseball through many different changes in society. He never cussed always demanded respect and got it. He said it and you darn well better do it or you where gone regardless of talent level. Players would lay across the tracks for him. His teams where successful. Where some of the Collierville kids punks and deserved to be yelled at? Probably. Every team has some. Let me ask it in a different way. Say your kid did something disrepectful while you where not around and then you walked up while an adult was drapping the "F" bomb and cussing like that what would be your true reaction? My kid deserved it probably? Or who the heck is this guy cussing at my kid. Just a different way of looking at it.

If I walked in and that someone was cussing only my kid I would find out what was going on, but if I walked in the locker room of a football team getting a good talking to just like that one i would let him do his job. And "NO" football is not the same as the class room or a store or anywhere else. So you people stop trying to justify this man losing his job as if it is ok. Your kids will have to face the real world very soon and mommy won't always be there. Or at least I hope not :unsure:

Things have changed a lot since I was a kid.This pretty much sounds normal for a coach back years ago.Some might not have cursed as much but others were very intense.That's back when some coaches and dads had came back from vietnam.Times were a lot different,you might get whipped at school or on the school bus and then go out and get a switch for making your parents look bad when you got home.It was nothing for a coach to challenge your manhood to get your attention.Like I say,times have changed.Kids threaten their parents with a lawsuit if they think a spanking is coming to them.I would say every coach just has to know what they can say and do in 2011 and know everything can be recorded.Football is a very intense sport and intense coaches are part of it.I'd hate to have everything I've said in anger recorded,but coaches just have to be aware of todays technology and control some of those choice words

I honestly don't think this is as bad as it has been made out to be. I promise you that coaches have done just as much as that this year and have not gotten caught. I never heard him say "gd" as someone indicated. It's just my opinion, that if you can't handle a cussing, you aren't going to make it far in life. I'm not saying what this coach did was a great thing, but I think this has been blown way out of proportion.

If I walked in and that someone was cussing only my kid I would find out what was going on, but if I walked in the locker room of a football team getting a good talking to just like that one i would let him do his job. And "NO" football is not the same as the class room or a store or anywhere else. So you people stop trying to justify this man losing his job as if it is ok. Your kids will have to face the real world very soon and mommy won't always be there. Or at least I hope not :unsure:

Where did i say he deserved to lose his job? You have made that assumption. I am sure there is another side to the story we are not seeing. There always is. My point is that i feel there is a better way of handling the situation. Doesn't make me weak or soft because i dont want to cuss a group of teenage youngmen. Lower the boom when needed. I am not saying the man didnt have a reason to be mad. Do kids these days need more discipline? Absolutely.

I'm old school, and I played for really intense HS and college coaches who are now really old school. They never cussed at us. Not once that I can remember. Of course, they did not face the societal pressures and distractions that coaches face now. Maybe that's why they got mad, but they were able to keep it together enough that they did no cross that line? Obviously, something was really eating at this Collierville coach over and above kids missing blocks.