Marion coach let go

Indian

Mac Mccurry is your man. Did very well at Moore County, Marshall County and Ripley Ms. Now DC at Signal Mountain. He is your best bet to get back on track and beat SP. Take my advice and stay away from Lee Adkins.

I am not really sure what I ever posted that gave you any Idea I am from Jasper. Perhaps its my signature.

Edited by rlh

Bill would be a good one to help hire a coach. Lee Atkins...I think you are joking

I pass. Coach Ziegler is a very good judge of character and will do just fine. This is a tough decision and ask people to keep Coach Ziegler in your thoughts and prayers to give him wisdom and clarity in making it.

The Phil Beene era to present would actually cover the better part of 60 years. As far as who coached before Beene, I would ask Sam Brooks or Bebe Fuqua. Perhaps James S. Warren would know as well. I would think Vic would have the records though.

You're disappointing me RLH. I knew you were good with the more recent history of the Pirates but I wasn't sure how good you were as it got further on down the line.

Beene coached maybe 7 years of the past 60. Many folks forget or don't know that Beene had 2 stints as head coach at South Pittsburg and that there were 6-7 coaches between those 2 stints from around 1947 when he quit the first time until 1962 when he officially took over again.

Edited by The Drunken Sailor

You're disappointing me RLH. I knew you were good with the more recent history of the Pirates but I wasn't sure how good you were as it got further on down the line.

Beene coached maybe 7 years of the past 60. Many folks forget or don't know that Beene had 2 stints as head coach at South Pittsburg and that there were 6-7 coaches between those 2 stints from around 1947 when he quit the first time until 1962 when he officially took over again.

First off, show me where I said the years which he coached. He had a record of 148 -37 -19. However, I think your years and number of coaches are off. Plus, Adcock played for Phil Beene from 1960 - 63 and Grider and Brooks were the assistants or so I thought. Since you are so bleeping knowledgeable, why haven't you informed us of the interim coaches and who Don Grider played for in he mid50s as a Pirate. thumb[1].gif