Will TSSAA listen to Coaches?

ddaddy

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only 14.6% of the coaches are happy with the current classification/playoff format. If the TSSAA is truely a members orgaization then changes should be made. Will the TSSAA listen to coaches?

The only people wanting to change are the one's that are not having success. Complaining that they don't know what it takes to get in the playoffs? Win your district 1st, and then try to win the rest of the regular season games. Just make sure you don't cheat on the way.

The only people wanting to change are the one's that are not having success. Complaining that they don't know what it takes to get in the playoffs? Win your district 1st, and then try to win the rest of the regular season games. Just make sure you don't cheat on the way.

By your reasoning that means that 85.4 % of programs are not having success right now. I find that hard to believe. I think the coaches want a fair system where a school with 500 students doesn't have to consistently play schools with twice as many students. I think most coaches will agree a new classification system is needed if we keep the Z plan.

That's not true at all. I don't like this new system because there are some 1a teams out that are playing 6a, 4a, and 3a schools in addition to the top 2a schools to complete the regular season. That's why the 1a state champ last year had an 8-2 record and could very well end up that way again this year, except it could put them at a #3 seed in the quad. On top of that, it is driven by Voodoo Math and Gerrymandering geography. The Biggest problem is that there aren't enough schools in Tennessee for 6 classifications. I mean, nearly half the schools are in the top 25 by default. :roflol:

Congratulations. This is the dumbest post in the history of CoachT, no small feat at all. My hat is off to you.

I believe 6 classifications is too many as well for a state of our size. My primary reason for reducing the # of classifications is based on the difficulty it has created in scheduling for schools such as CAK, Alcoa and others. Our district only has 6 teams, leaving us with only 5 guaranteed games, thus, having to find 5 teams outside our district to play. If the classifications were reduced then hopefully some districts could be consolidated to increase the number of teams in each district and give us more guaranteed games.

I thought the coaches voted a few years ago to change the playoff system to what we have now. Lets just change it every year. I think administrators should make these decisions anyway.

I don't remember if the coaches really voted this in. I thought It was a Board of Control thing.