Greeneville Vs. Scott County

DevilMan03

Who wins?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Greeneville?
    • Scott County?

I agree.The hardest I ever got hit was in practice BY A 170 pounder that would play for ETSU..The weight program and drills have taken the Devils on up.The only down side is just like the Alcoa and Maryville program.When Greeneville doesn't contend for the state it will be a down year.Wow ! what a down side to have.

GHS has a ways to go before they belong in a statement like this concerning Alcoa or Maryville. Programs new to perennial success are the hardest to tolerate.

GHS has a ways to go before they belong in a statement like this concerning Alcoa or Maryville. Programs new to perennial success are the hardest to tolerate.

I don’t think anyone is saying that Greeneville is at the same level as Alcoa or Maryville in terms of long term success. Those programs have done this for years, and Greeneville is new to this. However, you can’t deny that Greeneville’s success rate has been pretty good since they finally stopped playing teams twice their size in the playoffs.

I don’t think anyone is saying that Greeneville is at the same level as Alcoa or Maryville in terms of long term success. Those programs have done this for years, and Greeneville is new to this. However, you can’t deny that Greeneville’s success rate has been pretty good since they finally stopped playing teams twice their size in the playoffs.

Yep,you just about have to explain everything on the coach or type real slow :D

GHS is a very good team & was my (and a lot of other folks) early pick to repeat this year. However it's hard to say no one is saying GHS is on the same level as Alcoa or Maryville when the statement was "The only down side is just like the Alcoa and Maryville program. When Greeneville doesn't compete for a state title it will be a down year". GHS is having a couple of phenomenal years, can they turn that into a dynasty? We'll have to wait & see. If they do then they can be sandwiched between two programs like Alcoa & Maryville. JMO, best of luck to GHS & SHS.

Edited by downanddistance

I've heard that Scott has a coach that was a Greene Devil, any truth to that? What are some things I need to look for from the Highlanders?

Broderick Gillespie is helping with Scott Co. He played back in the late 90's early 2000's. I think Duncan helped him get a job there while Duncan was coaching basketball there. Broderick was a heck of an athlete on the field and the court and is an even better guy. The Highlanders are lucky to have him on staff.

GHS is a very good team & was my (and a lot of other folks) early pick to repeat this year. However it's hard to say no one is saying GHS is on the same level as Alcoa or Maryville when the statement was "The only down side is just like the Alcoa and Maryville program. When Greeneville doesn't compete for a state title it will be a down year". GHS is having a couple of phenomenal years, can they turn that into a dynasty? We'll have to wait & see. If they do then they can be sandwiched between two programs like Alcoa & Maryville. JMO, best of luck to GHS & SHS.

OK Distance,I'll break it down a couple of ways.I said the only down side is just like the Alcoa and Maryville programs{meaning the fans will not apprecate a 6-4 season after a couple of title games}.Never said they were a ten or fifteen year state run team like Maryville or Alcoa.Did I say Greeneville was a dynasty.NO.If it makes you feel better,I'll put it this way.GREENEVILLE FANS WILL BECOME COMPLACENT and not appreciate a none state contender,not on the same level with the great and mighty Alcoa and Maryville teams,but in a {mini me} kind of way.Had I meant something like you think,I'd said this.On the down side,Greeneville is a dynasty and after whipping the Alcoa boys,stand alone with Maryville as the top two teams in their classes.Greeneville fans will take nothing less than a state title.....

Edited by BatmanDB

Just heard a comment from an announcer that told the pairings. He predicts Greeneville to beat Lexington in the Ship. I quote I dont see it a close game ha ha.

Go Devils. One game at a time

Looking way ahead. Lexington will have to get past Maplewood. I would really like to see a Greeneville-Maplewood rematch.

OK Distance,I'll break it down a couple of ways.I said the only down side is just like the Alcoa and Maryville programs{meaning the fans will not apprecate a 6-4 season after a couple of title games}.Never said they were a ten or fifteen year state run team like Maryville or Alcoa.Did I say Greeneville was a dynasty.NO.If it makes you feel better,I'll put it this way.GREENEVILLE FANS WILL BECOME COMPLACENT and not appreciate a none state contender,not on the same level with the great and mighty Alcoa and Maryville teams,but in a {mini me} kind of way.Had I meant something like you think,I'd said this.On the down side,Greeneville is a dynasty and after whipping the Alcoa boys,stand alone with Maryville as the top two teams in their classes.Greeneville fans will take nothing less than a state title.....

Batie, I'm not tryin' to get personal here, heck I never even mentioned you by screen name. I was referencing a post you made. I don't have any hate for the devils but I feel I should address a couple things from your post I have quoted. First, let me clear something up, I am not a Maryville or an Alcoa faithful supporter. I do respect what they have built & what they are continuing to do. Second, I know what you posted, I quoted it. While I can't speak for what you intended it to come across as I can state as to how it came across to me. When the statement "just like Alcoa & Maryville programs" is made, well, it's a pretty hefty comment & should be expected to draw attention. I hope GHS is well on their way to building a dynasty. It would only be good for Tennessee football to have another power, especially from the east. Third, You did not say GHS was a dynasty. Did I say you did? Maybe I'm not typing slowly enough now (reference to an earlier sarcastic comment made). Lastly, as for making me feel better, while I appreciate your concern for my feelings I think it is unwarranted. My feelings are fine & believe me it would take far more than a random post from a faceless screen name in a far away city to really affect my "feelings" one way or another :flower: I'll say it again & for the last time on this thread. Best of luck to GHS & SHS this Friday :thumb:

Edited by downanddistance

Broderick Gillespie is helping with Scott Co. He played back in the late 90's early 2000's. I think Duncan helped him get a job there while Duncan was coaching basketball there. Broderick was a heck of an athlete on the field and the court and is an even better guy. The Highlanders are lucky to have him on staff.

Floyd Gillespie was a great athlete back in the day.Not sure what kin,if any.I wasn't much of a BB player,but Floyd played in a boys club tournament with me one time and he could get both elebows above the rim.He dunked on Derrick Hord one year when Bristol came to Greeneville.He was the man on the track as well.A guy from up here tells about being undefeated in the 400 when he ran against Floyd.He said going into the last turn Floyd's Greeneville coach yelled at him and Floyd just said{I got to go}and that was the end of my co-workers undefeated track season