Wayne County @ Huntingdon

tricklician

I've seen neither team play this year. I know both teams have strong running games, stout defenses, and average kicking games. I am pulling for W'boro. Whoever wins will prolly have to make some plays in ways other than what they are accustomed to. Whoever wins, I hope for well played , tough, clean game ...

In the early/mid 2000's Milan and Huntingdon where HUGE rivals. They still are but it's lost it's luster as of the last few years because Huntingdon just hasn't had the teams, and us being moved down to 1A and Milan to 3A didn't help it. Several years we played 2 times and they were always barn burners. It's always a big deal to beat Milan, because they represent hard west TN smash mouth football, and they very seldom have down years. People say this is a down year for them, but they have as good a shot as anybody to bring a gold ball home.

I would not say that this year is any more special than others. The rivalry between Huntingdon and Milan is a good one. They have been in 2A and 3A, winning state championships in both. Milan may not be as strong this year but they are still a pretty good measuring stick, 9-1 regular season this year. Milan is one of the very few teams to have a winning record against Huntingdon with 10 or more games played.

I think a lot of people were really excited about the win against Milan this year because it showed that Huntingdon was truly on the way back. Huntingdon went through some tough years after back to back championship appearances in 2003 and 2004.

We play milan tough because they are rivals of ours. We look forward to that game every year. When we played milan they were ranked at the top of the 3a division. We are still the only lose they have and are a top contender for the 3a title. They are very fast and physical. That is why beating them is a big deal..

I think that the game between Milan and Huntingdon is a rivalry game? :unsure:

I would have been fine with one answer.

I've seen neither team play this year. I know both teams have strong running games, stout defenses, and average kicking games. I am pulling for W'boro. Whoever wins will prolly have to make some plays in ways other than what they are accustomed to. Whoever wins, I hope for well played , tough, clean game ...

Huntingdon's kicking game is far from average this year. I may be the best in 1A. Whichever team gets away from what they do best will be the team that loses.

all ive heard is how huntingdon has beat milan....every week is a different team so cant base scores on anything ..ive played teams an blew them outta the water an they beat teams tht beat us,it happens every week in college fb..both teams can play ball thats why they have 0 losses an is in the third round...ive watched huntingdon play perry county an seen video of them an milan, they dont impress me enough to say they can jus beat beat wayne county!!its gunna be a tough,hard fought game..both teams respect each other an no wat the other team can do if they give them the chance..this game is gunna come down to which team plays mistake free football thts all there is to it, both teams an the fans no it!! good luck to both teams go get em wayne county!

I'm talkin bout years past and if it's not wing -t than what is it? I seen the I- formation and what I would consider the wildcat....so?

Huntingdon runs a version of the wing-t. They run single wing, double wing , but yes they are all versions of the wing-t. We also run I-formation and wildcat some.

That's what I thought. thumb[1].gif

i agree , and the fact that wc can and has threw the ball well all year could be the diff. in this game i will go out on a limb and say that one for sure adv. wc has is that there wr are prob. better than hunt. and could make a diff in this game

Edited by catsfan01

Hey You Guys Had Alot More Than Ya Did The Years We Was Pounding Your Butts!

Yes we were down for a bit but we've been stomping Mckenzie for years an years, Y'all put together a little streak nothin like the domination we've been doing to y'all. Even when y'all did win it was never like all the times we beat u by 35 or 40 points. Huntingdon has won 60, Mckenzie 21, and one tie

Taken from a post written by a Milan poster earlier this year:

"A MOST UNTYPICAL MILAN TEAM

Milan's football tradition is well-established. amd Coach Morris' record and his reputation are solid and should not be challenged. They both stand for excellence.

Yet, this is the worst Milan team within recent memory, not just in terms of talent, but, disturbingly, the Bulldogs this year do not play smart football, do not seem to be in the bast of physical shape, and are a major disappointment."

Just thought I'd throw that out there...