Riverdale vs Coffee County

Lost Old Dad

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one shold forever be known as: "The Game Without a Defense"

No comments about the game.

Anybody know where the officiating crew was from?

What was the deal with the clock at the end of the first half?

coffee county ask for the mercy rule to start. so offense did a good job taking the ball down and scoring. clock would have ran even with a called timeout.

coffee county ask for the mercy rule to start. so offense did a good job taking the ball down and scoring. clock would have ran even with a called timeout.

Mercy rule usually doesn't start until 2nd half. Did Coffee County really ask for mercy rule to start in 1st half? I would not want my coaches asking for mercy rule to start. If your coach won't fight to the end then your team has no chance in the future.

EMBARASSING!!!EMBARASSING!!!EMBARASSING!!!EMBARASSING!!! CAN I SAY IT ANY CLEARER??? YOU TALK ABOUT PLAYING DOWN TO YOUR COMPETITION...WE PLAYED BELOW THAT!!! THE DEFENSE IN THE FIRST HALF WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER OFF LETTING THE 3RD STRING PLAY, AT LEAST THEY WOULD HAVE THE DESIRE AND HEART TO PLAY!!!THE SECONDARY WAS ASLEEP!!!AND THE D LINE??? THEY WERE GIVING UP 5 YARDS ON THE GROUND ALMOST EVERY FIRST DOWN!! IF THEY PLAY LIKE THIS NEXT FRIDAY MATHERS WILL GET 500 YARDS!!! WAKE UP!!!IT TAKES MORE THAN SHOWING UP TO WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

EMBARASSING!!!EMBARASSING!!!EMBARASSING!!!EMBARASSING!!! CAN I SAY IT ANY CLEARER??? YOU TALK ABOUT PLAYING DOWN TO YOUR COMPETITION...WE PLAYED BELOW THAT!!! THE DEFENSE IN THE FIRST HALF WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER OFF LETTING THE 3RD STRING PLAY, AT LEAST THEY WOULD HAVE THE DESIRE AND HEART TO PLAY!!!THE SECONDARY WAS ASLEEP!!!AND THE D LINE??? THEY WERE GIVING UP 5 YARDS ON THE GROUND ALMOST EVERY FIRST DOWN!! IF THEY PLAY LIKE THIS NEXT FRIDAY MATHERS WILL GET 500 YARDS!!! WAKE UP!!!IT TAKES MORE THAN SHOWING UP TO WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

they are 15 to 17 year old kids, they just played the battle of the boro the week before. have you watched the nfl lately. play a big game one week have a let down the next. the score was 63-21. last time i looked that was domination and thats with a running clock starting in the 2nd quarter.

i was surprised by that as well as we were not up by 35 yet i believe it was just 21 when they started it and we scored the TD right before half for 28 and then took kick off for 35 at the opening of the 3rd QTR

Did Coffee really ask for mercy rule in first half or were there problems with clock? Been around hs football for many years and have never heard of this.

They had to have asked for it... I was standing right in front of their press box and while all the Riverdale fans were screaming to stop the clock so we would have enough time to score again. They didn't and the coaches didn't care because I turned around and looked at them. They also didn't even return to the pressbox not once after half time, and we weren't even up by 35 yet. They wanted it that way.

Also in the 3rd qtr they called a timeout and I believe that was even before we were up by 35 and the clock ran the whole time through their time out. Like seriously it was bad

They had to have asked for it... I was standing right in front of their press box and while all the Riverdale fans were screaming to stop the clock so we would have enough time to score again. They didn't and the coaches didn't care because I turned around and looked at them. They also didn't even return to the pressbox not once after half time, and we weren't even up by 35 yet. They wanted it that way.

Also in the 3rd qtr they called a timeout and I believe that was even before we were up by 35 and the clock ran the whole time through their time out. Like seriously it was bad

I think both Head Coach's have to agree to the Mercy rule.