Knox Catholic, where do we go

footballsense

One thing that I'm curious about, since the latest word was that Catholic renewed Meadows's contract, is how this latest talk of Rankin going to Catholic started again. I think it was an Alcoa fan who started the thread on the 3A/4A boards? I'm not sure what reason an Alcoa fan would have for starting that rumor out of nowhere

One thing that I'm curious about, since the latest word was that Catholic renewed Meadows's contract, is how this latest talk of Rankin going to Catholic started again. I think it was an Alcoa fan who started the thread on the 3A/4A boards? I'm not sure what reason an Alcoa fan would have for starting that rumor out of nowhere

If you go back to that thread in 3A, his last comment on it was that some of the Alcoa players came home from school yesterday talking about it. They still could have just heard a rumor going around school.

If you go back to that thread in 3A, his last comment on it was that some of the Alcoa players came home from school yesterday talking about it. They still could have just heard a rumor going around school.

It's going to be interesting to see if Rankin has anything to say to his team today at school about this rumor

Ah, but as others have already said, if he can retire from the public school system, can a nice public school retirement benefit and then get paid a sweet salary from a private school, what's not to like?

you do good math, besides it is a no brainer, Rankin is a good coach unlike meadows but like meadows he keeps his suitcase packed.

someone posted did they miss something doesn't KCHS have a coach, answer, no we have a guy pretending to be a coach please please let this be true we need change and we need it now, maybe Rankin could un pack his suitcase and Meadows could load it up and go, from what I hear meadows is very upset about not getting the contract renewal that everyone had said he already got, maybe KCHS admin does care more then we know....

What are some takes on the direction of our once very good football program that has been reduced to a team that gets excited about beating teams like Heritage (who beat us two years ago) and would never had happen with the old staff. come on KCHS alumi lets make some noise and get our program back on track. lets see 2008 State Champions 2009 new coach same team 6 and 4 or something like that loses to Heritage with basically the state championship team, 2010 do ok but we still lost allot of games, this year ya ya rebuilding we can't compete in this region, old coach would say anybody anytime now all we do is make excuses lets talk about it and get on track.KCHS was the best and could still be the best with some changes lets make them and move on.

Face it, catholic cant hang with the BIG BOYS and will never be able to even compete with the big boys. You guys were only decent at one time because of Harrison Smith. The reason the old coach left was bc he knew catholic couldnt even compete with the big boys so he left when he was on top, a new coach isnt gonna change a thing.

Face it, catholic cant hang with the BIG BOYS and will never be able to even compete with the big boys. You guys were only decent at one time because of Harrison Smith. The reason the old coach left was bc he knew catholic couldnt even compete with the big boys so he left when he was on top, a new coach isnt gonna change a thing.

Think you might want to research your facts. We went 12-1 the year after Harrison graduated and won the state title the year after that.

Think you might want to research your facts. We went 12-1 the year after Harrison graduated and won the state title the year after that.

And you guys still were playing with the little guys. Have you guys even had a winning season yet since youve moved up with the big boys? None of the teams in 5A or6A have any respect for catholic , you guys havent proved anything at all to show that you belong with the big boys

And you guys still were playing with the little guys. Have you guys even had a winning season yet since youve moved up with the big boys? None of the teams in 5A or6A have any respect for catholic , you guys havent proved anything at all to show that you belong with the big boys

I do;t think its if we can play with the big boys for me its the fact that we dont beat the teams we should and we don't compete very well at other times yes there is sometimes we look good but that is when we play schools that are not traditionally very good, the other facts are we can't keep kids coming I know of two very very good football players that were considering KCHS but have been waiting on the coaching move if one happensm just look at the people that this coach as ran off , our number one , two and three boosters many other players that would have been players for us but, has the rumor mill goes the story is the ADMIN love him and think he is the answer, for me I think if you can't look at the facts and make the right decisiom then maybe we need new admin, take a poll AD and you will find that a large % of folks want a CHANGE

I agree, it's no coincidence that Catholic has struggled a bit since their most recent classification change. I expect them to adjust and get better in time, but they aren't going to dominate like they did before the move.