DICKSON COUNTY VS ARLINGTON

pats73

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cougars are a very "junior heavy" bunch. Haven't heard much about Arlington but I would have to assume they are a solid team given their record and the teams that they play. Should be a great ball game. From what I have read looks like they are a passing team. How will the rain that is coming in effect the bunch out of Memphis ?

Good luck to both teams.....but more to my young Cougars !

QB is good, especially on the run. This kid throws extremely well on the run and receivers know to come back to him when he is scrambling. Def line is a little undersized, but overall defense is fairly solid. This team can hurt you with the big play and will go for it several times during the game. Will run the ball when needed.

One of the best QB's in the state.. Very solid team. Will be tough for Dickson if they don't cover passing game. Don't know much about Dickson but from the looks of it they do run a lot.

Dickson has seen plenty of these type teams it seems. Most of the Clarksville schools were very athletic and ran the spread offense. I think the Cougars will be prepared. And yes, Dickson does run a lot...Smash mouth football from the Cougars. I don't think that Memphis area teams see a lot of that and that may be advantageous for Dickson.

Arlington looks like a good football team. To reflect on previous posts the QB is a great player. He has a good arm seen him throw one 50-60 yards on the run across his body on a dime against Millington. Kid will scramble around in the pocket looking for the pass tucking it and taking it himself seems like his last option but will not shy away from doing so. They have a huge TE/WR could be a match up problem for DC. IMO the RB is very underrated. Seems to find a seem and find it fast he is a one cut and go kinda guy very shifty and not afraid to lower the shoulder for that extra yard. They will stay in the gun the entire game pass to run seems about 75/25...but they utilize the receivers in the short pass game as basically a second option for the run jailbreaks bubble screens things of that nature. #21 WR seems to find a way to get open often #4 seems to be the deep threat and jailbreak guy. O-line is tough and goes hard they work from the LOS to the second level very well and together. KOS has a good leg eliminated Millington from any sort of return game which will hurt DC if he can continue to do so. To wyattearp rain would be a good thing for friday's game would play in favor for DC. Could see them going to the big back set with #3 and #5 getting a heavy workload. This has the makings of old school vs new school run vs pass. Goodluck guys on both sides and a safe trip for Arlington.

quote from a famous futho....

When the foot frat and the foot ho's get together it can only mean one thing !

HIT EM IN DA MOUTH ! :roflol:

I think thats exactly what Dickson has to do to this Memphis area school....HIT THEM IN THE MOUTH! I think they will. From what I know (which is limited), Memphis area teams like to run the spread and use their athletic ability. Dickson is going to cram it down your throat. Don't think Arlington sees that very often, and I don't know if they can or how they will stop it. . I think Dickson wins 31-17. I could be wrong, because I'm not that familiar with Arlington.

Edited by strongside

I think thats exactly what Dickson has to do to this Memphis area school....HIT THEM IN THE MOUTH! I think they will. From what I know (which is limited), Memphis area teams like to run the spread and use their athletic ability. Dickson is going to cram it down your throat. Don't think Arlington sees that very often, and I don't know if they can or how they will stop it. . I think Dickson wins 31-17. I could be wrong, because I'm not that familiar with Arlington.

You might be correct on the score but it will be in Arlingtons favor. I'm not that familiar with Dickson County but it looks like they lose when they play good teams and they win when they play average teams. Arlington is a very good team. Didn't Dickson Co. lose to another Shelby Co. school (not Memphis area like you seem to call us)in the 1st round of the playoffs last year. We will have strong support when we roll into town tonight.