Rumors of the next Gibson County football coach

greenmonster1990

I'll say this... I have a brother who was an assistant coach this year at Gibson Co. and has even been rumored in all of this as the next head coach for Gibson Co. which is not going to happen. So there's my source.

I have heard about this Holliday guy. I have no clue who he is or where he is from. I've heard nothing but good things about the guy though. However, he is not the coach I had heard that was going to be the next head coach, however things can happen. The coach that I keep hearing that will most likely get it, is an assistant at Gibson right now and it's not my brother (for the people that do know me on here). I'll give the initials BW. Honestly, I don't care who get's it, I just want this person to turn Gibson Co. into a somewhat competitive team.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will take a young coach mid to late 20s that the kids fear but like at the same time to make it a program. You have to respect the coach to play as hard as you can for him. Gibson co does have talent but coaching and want is usually terrible.

I am hearing that Coach Winston will not be the next head football coach at Gibson County? I believe this is a huge mistake. He has over 30 years experience including working on two state champion staffs. He worked at Marion C in their 3 state championship runs in the mid 90's, Franklin High School, FC, Coffee Co and as head coach at 2 or 3 schools. Someone needs to look at their schedule and tell me how a younger coach will deal with playing 9 teams who went to the playoffs including four teams in the semis and two teams going to state? Bob Winston should get the job if he wants it.

I know a guy that interviewed for the job. His initials are KG. He's an outstanding football coach and even a better guy. If he'll take the job, they would be crazy not to give it to him. He's been a coordinator at the junior college level, and been a high school d coordinator for the better part of a decade. If he can bring in some coaches, he could make them competitive if they drop to 2A.