Clarksville Academy at Wayne County

jusboro

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did i understand right that ca has a freshman qb ?

how good is the o-line, and d-line for ca wc has won 10 games this year because there line play has been better than every team played this year , there linemen are all sr's who have all started or played alot for 3 years now some of them for 4 years i belive wc will win this but not in a blow out there offense just isnt geared for that aginst good teams score will be similar to pc score

its hard to score when you dont have the ball wc is more than happy to grind 3yds at a time and eat the clock up

Wayne County's coaching staff has been at Wayne County for over 20 years, with some gaps for Coach Rice. This isn't the first time they have played CA in the playoffs, in fact, it's their fifth tangle with the Cougars (1993, 1994, 1996, and 1997). Waynesboro, led by our first Mr. Football winner, was upset by CA back in 1997, after having put them out of the playoffs 3 of the previous 4 years. Coach Rice will still tell you it was one of the most disappointing games of his career - even worse than the Jo Byrns games....

We've been unprepared for and overlooked CA before - while CA's coaching staff from Kentucky might not know this ever happened, our coaches do, and I don't think they will allow it to happen again.

CA is a good team, there's no doubting that. It should be a great game. Wayne County has a lot to play for too - it'll at least be several years before were in this position again, and no one wants to waste this opportunity.

well i can tell you up from CA has one of the best coachs in football coach Hood came down from Ft Campbell ky a few yrs back and i think if you don't know. look up how many championship's he has,,,this cat know's FB and sense he has been there i have seen CA on the move i think i t will be a good game,, CA is big also, and :hungry:

Their opponents have a combined record of 36-76….

They only team they've beat that was half decent was Jo Byrns.

My opinion: Meh.

Looks like Wayne Co. opponents have a combined record of 45-56 :shock: ehh not much better than 36-76. Thats not really a rally point.

C/A has a big front line on O and D. They have a really good offense that is very deceptive. No huddle for the most part and will wear you down. Plenty of speed.

The QB that played in the Stewart Co game was a freshman the startng QB was hurt for that game. Pretty sure he is a Senior.

This will be a good 2nd round game, slobber knocker, I believe it will be closer than most of you WC fans think. Home field does have its advantages/refs seem to over look some things for the home team....holding etc. Least thats how it was in 2007 first round when WHHeritage played WC n lost 21-14.

Go Dist 10. NCS and CA are all that are left. C'mon :thumb:

did i understand right that ca has a freshman qb ?

how good is the o-line, and d-line for ca wc has won 10 games this year because there line play has been better than every team played this year , there linemen are all sr's who have all started or played alot for 3 years now some of them for 4 years i belive wc will win this but not in a blow out there offense just isnt geared for that aginst good teams score will be similar to pc score

its hard to score when you dont have the ball wc is more than happy to grind 3yds at a time and eat the clock up

No, CA has a senior QB. The senior was injured and missed 3 games this season, one of which was Stewart County.

It is hard to score when you don't have the ball, but it's also hard to come from behind and make up points when your offense is geared towards 3 yards and a cloud of dust. And that's why CA has won by large margins this season - their opponents have been forced out of their game, and have had to try to come from behind.

If CA gets up a couple of scores early, and plays their game, the Academy comes out with a win. The Cougars defense is solid, but may not have seen a line as big or experienced as the Wildcats will offer up. In order for CA to get up early, the Cougar defense will have to get some stops. If Wayne County is not forced to punt, they can play their game and grind it out until the final horn sounds.

I'm looking forward to the trip to Waynesboro, and know the Cougars are too. I suspect we will see a pretty good football game between to good football teams.

But in the end, I gotta believe the Cougar defense can get some stops, and slow down the vaunted Wayne County offense. 35-28 Clarksville Academy

www.clarksvilleacademyfootball.com

No, CA has a senior QB. The senior was injured and missed 3 games this season, one of which was Stewart County.

It is hard to score when you don't have the ball, but it's also hard to come from behind and make up points when your offense is geared towards 3 yards and a cloud of dust. And that's why CA has won by large margins this season - their opponents have been forced out of their game, and have had to try to come from behind.

If CA gets up a couple of scores early, and plays their game, the Academy comes out with a win. The Cougars defense is solid, but may not have seen a line as big or experienced as the Wildcats will offer up. In order for CA to get up early, the Cougar defense will have to get some stops. If Wayne County is not forced to punt, they can play their game and grind it out until the final horn sounds.

I'm looking forward to the trip to Waynesboro, and know the Cougars are too. I suspect we will see a pretty good football game between to good football teams.

But in the end, I gotta believe the Cougar defense can get some stops, and slow down the vaunted Wayne County offense. 35-28 Clarksville Academy

www.clarksvilleacademyfootball.com

i agree it will be a close game, but i will go out on a limb and say wc defense will be the best you have seen this year wc d-line is big and stuffs the run they have lots of speed at lb, and secondary they completly shut down pc passing attack , wc has played a couple teams this year that run no huddle fast paced offences so they have had to deal with that and wc has depth at dl also so getting worn down should not be a prob

i also agree that if ca gets a lead then it will be tough on them to come back , if it stays close the reason i think wc will win is they should be able to wear down ca with there running game that is very physical also wc can score via the pass #10 for wc i belive is avg. some thing like 30 yds a catch this year

Edited by catsfan01