Obion vs. Covington

chs15

Wow, this ought to be a good one. Obion is a great team and if momentum wouldn't have swung in Covington's favor last game the score could have been the opposite. I think these teams match up really well and it should make for a great game in Covington. Covington's ground game was exposed against Dyersburg and adjustments will need to be made to put up the numbers we need to win next week. Saying that, I think Covington has an awesome ground and will rebound, they seem to be well-conditioned and usually just wear the other team down. Obion looks good through the air and that could cause big problems for Covington's secondary. I see a close one at Charger stadium but have to support my Charger by a narrow win between 3 and 7 points. Go Chargers! and great job on on the season for both teams!

Massey shows

Covington 40 Obion County 27

Of course, that is on Friday night and Massey does not have the first round playoff data on their site yet, so it may change by next week.

My personal take is that Covington won't win by that many. I do think that we should be favored, though.

Edited by CHARGERFAN

I was at the first game. It was a tremendous game for fans to watch. I think it'll be a very high scoring game. In the first game, the Covington coach doing the onside kick thing turned the game around...in my very humble opinion. And, Obion Co.'s WR's dropped a few easy passes, which would have led to TD's, or in the least FG's. Parr dropped a few passes in critical situations...I dont see that happening in the next game.

So, you've got a team that can run the ball...quick and fast...in Covington. And, you've got a team that can really throw it in Obion Co.

This game may get crazy.....I wish I could be there for the sequel, but alas, I have other plans....

Covington 45 Obion Co. 42

Obion County 37, Covington 24

OC is coming off a "fairly" easy win over Fairley and didn't have to expose anything new on offense. Kept it simple and won the game without any injuries. Covington had a hard fought win over Dyersburg and is a little banged up. IMO, a much better matchup for the Rebels than Dyersburg and one the Rebels relish! Just a few stops by the Rebels D should be enough.

Two teams from the same district again. I was at the game last night and it could have gone either way. Again, both are good. I think Covington wins as long as they don't turn the ball over or have a bunch of penalties like they did last night. It'll be another great game to watch, but I'll take Covington by a TD...again. I sense a theme here. LOL. Charger football is them traditionally winning close, hard fought games and that's how I see this one going. Obion can definitely beat them though if they don't play their best.

Two teams from the same district again. I was at the game last night and it could have gone either way. Again, both are good. I think Covington wins as long as they don't turn the ball over or have a bunch of penalties like they did last night. It'll be another great game to watch, but I'll take Covington by a TD...again. I sense a theme here. LOL. Charger football is them traditionally winning close, hard fought games and that's how I see this one going. Obion can definitely beat them though if they don't play their best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ima going with Covington again !! :thumb:

Well, looks like this one is going to be interesting. These 2 teams have had some great battles in the past and I think this will be another one. There are those who say OC has no defense, plays no defense, etc., but those are the ones getting ready for basketball. OC may end their season on a Friday night, but it wasn't this past Friday.

Covington has an excellent ground game and can mix in the pass when needed. Obion County has an excellent passing game and can mix in the run nicely. I don't expect either team to stop the other's offense. Special teams are not overpowering for either team. Defense has been no gamechanger for either yet efficient enough for both to be 9-2 and in the 2nd round. This game will depend on turnovers and avoiding penalties. Other than that, it's a toss up.

I have hopes that OC can make enough adjustments from the film of the last game to force the Chargers into a few punts. A couple of big stops could be enough for the Rebels to outscore Covington. If not, it could come down to who scores last.Congrats to the Chargers on the win over Dyersburg. But Friday night, OC by 4 points.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!

Edited by justaOCfan

SICK AND TIRED!!!! All the people on here like to live in the past on what happened 4 weeks ago. Let's examine the game shall we. First OC jumps ahead 22-7 (and need I remind you that there could have been 2-3 times were OC could have come away with a TD but had to settle for field goals so easily COULD HAVE BEEN 30+ to 6 but that didn't happen) 2nd it wasn't the running that broke the back of the REBELS it was the TD scored with less than a min left when the DB's should have been back up in safe DEFENSE but instead were told to man up and let's face it the wide rec made a move and the quarterback made a throw. That alone was the difference in the game Covington went into the locker with momentum, and the first drive of the second half resulted in a score then the onside kick recovery. The OC defense just lost their swagger to say that they are the worst defense that you have seen in awhile is a little ridiculous because if 1 or 2 things go differently subject would be something else. Who knows if the SINGLE pass was incomplete or intercepted before the half could have been a different outcome, but all you need is for somethings to go your way that is what happened to Covington. It is really funny that no one points out that Trey Phelps was craving up the Covington secondary like they weren't even on the field, but #9 wasn't in the game if he plays like he is capable DIFFERENT BALL GAME....And better hold your tongue on that kid because any coach in this area (no any coach in this state) would welcome that kid on there team with open arms as long as he lives up to the hype, but let him have a bad game you are ready to point it out REALLY quick.

Tape don't lie, OC didn't tackle, didn't wanna tackle, refrained from tackling. Watch the film and watch it with open eyes,to quote the famous Roy Dillard "you think i'm joking but i'm not". To the if'fa, coulda, shoulda..The truth is if OC would've tackled, coulda tackled &/or wanted to tackle they mighta won. They don't play defense, don't tackle and are not physical. Playing tag touch on the turf is not sufficient defense in tackle football. Covington will expose this again as well as block a punt get an onside, rush for miles and take it again. The 2-0 sweep will be definitive