Blackman at Riverdale

rollercoaster

I think Riverdale won last night. That's all they have control over. They'll have another tough game next week.

i think you summed it best...we dont care about the other teams we only care about RIVERDALE...AND I PROMISE YOU THERE IS NO LOOKING PAST oak ridge and i hope the boys enjoy the win from last night and starting tomorrow (or monday) its time to focus on OR if they havent already

win or lose OR will know they have been in a battle come friday night

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bottom line is Riverdale did a good job of exposing what our achilles heel as been all year long and that was our inability to get off the field on third down and being very predictable. Felt all week we would have to score in the thirty's, but wasn't sure we could keep Riverdale in the thirty's. I love my coach but I don't think he knows the middle of the field exist. As good as the I'train is he gets used too much and becomes a crutch for play calling. Defensively way too young to stop a well executed offense. I do applaud our coaches for achieving what we did this after losing 9 starters last years defense. To beat good teams we had to out score them and ran out of steam against a good team last night.

To my son Christian, I love you #52 and will miss watching you play. You have had a great high school career and you have made me one proud papa. I loved those late night conversations on the couch talking next weeks game or what happened in practice, you have no idea! From the Columbia Wildcats to the Blackman Blaze it went by sooooo fast. Love ya boy!

To the Senior class, you guys have made Friday nights a lot of fun. You had a great three year run, Congratulations and Best of Luck. Go become solid Men and Great Fathers! I Love you guys and you will be missed more that you know!

To the underclassmen, Juniors you are now Seniors and Sophomores you are now Juniors. Next year's preparation starts today! Seize the moment because it truly is a vapor and your time will come sooner than you know. You goal is to advance the ball further that the guys that came before you. You MUST get bigger, better, faster, stronger and time is not your friend. IT STARTS TODAY! :popcorneater:

We Are Blackman! and next year starts today!

Edited by mykidsdad

Bottom line is Riverdale did a good job of exposing what our achilles heel as been all year long and that was our inability to get off the field on third down and being very predictable. Felt all week we would have to score in the thirty's, but wasn't sure we could keep Riverdale in the thirty's. I love my coach but I don't think he knows the middle of the field exist. As good as the I'train is he gets used too much and becomes a crutch for play calling. Defensively way too young to stop a well executed offense. I do applaud our coaches for achieving what we did this after losing 9 starters last years defense. To beat good teams we had to out score them and ran out of steam against a good team last night.

To my son Christian, I love you #52 and will miss watching you play. You have had a great high school career and you have made me one proud papa. I loved those late night conversations on the couch talking next weeks game or what happened in practice, you have no idea! From the Columbia Wildcats to the Blackman Blaze it went by sooooo fast. Love ya boy!

To the Senior class, you guys have made Friday nights a lot of fun. You had a great three year run, Congratulations and Best of Luck. Go become solid Men and Great Fathers! I Love you guys and you will be missed more that you know!

To the underclassmen, Juniors you are now Seniors and Sophomores you are now Juniors. Next year's preparation starts today! Seize the moment because it truly is a vapor and your time will come sooner than you know. You goal is to advance the ball further that the guys that came before you. You MUST get bigger, better, faster, stronger and time is not your friend. IT STARTS TODAY! :popcorneater:

There have been many good posts on here, But this post puts them all to shame.

I hope this young man hears how proud he has made his father...what it's all about! I think that's all any young man really wants.

This was a great post MKD! Congratulations to you and your son! Best wishes in the future! Best post ive read on here in a long time! :thumb: Edited by warhawks

Congrats to the Warriors!! Best 2nd half of football i've seen in years. If any teams in east Tennessee have any douts, this team is for real. Holding the possible Mr Football Mathers to 39 yards was and awesome performance. This game was the best balanced game Riverdale has played since the St X game. Get up for Oak Ridge and keep your eyes on the gold!! Congrats to all the 7AAA teams for an outstanding season!!

Edited by warrior82dad

MKD - Probably one of the best posts I have read on coach t in a long time. My son plays baseball. I have 2 years left to enjoy playing catch and talking about life through baseball. Thanks for reminding me to enjoy every second!! I admit sometimes your posts have fired me up but this is an example of how behind the passionate fan is a parent that loves thier child and the "sport" is a vehicle to bond while developing memories and young men and women. Good luck on the next journey of life.

To those that have commented on my post I assure you that I am merely sharing the journey that God has laid before me. I will tell you a true story...

When Christian was 5 years old he wanted to take the training wheels off his bike. So I got the tools out and removed the wheels. I told him that I would hold onto the seat and push him along. He would need to paddle as hard as he could and I would let the seat go and he would fugure it out. He did ok sometimes making it a ways and sometimes not so far.

Then it hit me, one day I will have have to do this to him as a man. Two weeks ago he turned 18 and last night was the end of his high school football career. As I look back I realize I wasn't teaching him to ride a bike he was teaching me to let go. Paddle on dad, you will figure it out!

So from a puffy eyed snoddy nosed guy THANKS! for your words. And at the end of the day all I am is mykidsdad. :popcorneater:

Edited by mykidsdad

To those that have commented on my post I assure you that I am merely sharing the journey that God has laid before me. I will tell you a true story...

When Christian was 5 years old he wanted to take the training wheels off his bike. So I got the tools out and removed the wheels. I told him that I would hold onto the seat and push him along. He would need to paddle as hard as he could and I would let the seat go and he would fugure it out. He did ok sometimes making it a ways and sometimes not so far.

Then it hit me, one day I will have have to do this to him as a man. Two weeks ago he turned 18 and last night was the end of his high school football career. As I look back I realize I wasn't teaching him to ride a bike he was teaching me to let go. Paddle on dad, you will figure it out!

So from a puffy eyed snoddy nosed guy THANKS! for your words. And at the end of the day all I am is mykidsdad. :popcorneater:

Well said mkd.....It's all in His plan.... :thumb:

MKD you are somethin else man. i hope your son does see this. thats what makes a man get teary eyed. when my dad told me last spring he was proud of me after the baseball season i had it really touched my heart. the best thing to hear as a son is when your dad tells you he's proud of you. its the ultimate accomplishment. i also know what you mean when you say time flies. i played football as well for oak ridge and when we lost to maryville in the semis it made me realize how fast it really goes. really touching posts MKD. i hope your son knows how proud you are of him.

Very classy couple of posts. From an opposing Dad it has been a pleasure watching him play also.

Now comes the really fun part of graduation and college. Even if they do not play ball there it is much more fun than watching him going to war. That also makes you proud, but it ages you much more quickly also.

Congrats to you all tonight. Good win. Guess we'll be in the Boro next friday ... so let's get ready to rumble.

Like I said wings and adult beverages at Toots. Maybe frog legs too.

LOD I'll be looking for you.

We're coming baaaaack!!!

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

Sounds like a plan. Just one question, 'WHICH' Toot's? I ask as there is now one on our side of town. About a mile straight down Church Street from Warrior Drive.

I can handle the wings but you will have to consume the adult beverages for both of us. :roflolk: