Greeneville vs Carter Hornets

BVDevil

Greeneville scored like 62 before halftime...the mercy rule doesn't kick in until the second half. Carter's offense was really bad...I lost count of the turn-overs/blocked punts. I lost my feed before the final stats. Can someone help a girl out?

At least 4 INT's, maybe more. Don't know if any were returned for TD's. I know Jefferson had 2-3, Schuff maybe 1, Tillery maybe 1. We had 1 blocked punt for a TD, and at least 1 more touched that ended up at the 12 and penalty that put it at the 6 maybe. It was horrible to watch for Carter. Greeneville just looked great and the defense was even better. The Mel and Rel show was primetime! Only complaint I have was how many players went to the field at the time of the ejections. It was choas for a few minutes, but Carter looked much worse.

Oh and a Carter player was hurt late in the first, no news on him yet. It looked like he was moving a little when he was carted of the field but it looked bad. Little Rollins stood him up and as he was fighting for yards he got hammered by maybe Hall. I wish him the best, and someone let us now his status!

77 points is too many for any coach to score. It's hard to believe that a team is soooo good they can't help but score 77. Wow, that's really impressive. A couple of more td's could have got them to 91. That might have put somebody in the record books.

Was there not anybody on that team that the coach could hand the ball to to keep it under 60? Are all the players that good? :roll:

We should all try to remember the sportsmanship we were taught when we were 10 years old.

77 points is too many for any coach to score. It's hard to believe that a team is soooo good they can't help but score 77. Wow, that's really impressive. A couple of more td's could have got them to 91. That might have put somebody in the record books.

Was there not anybody on that team that the coach could hand the ball to to keep it under 60? Are all the players that good? :roll:

We should all try to remember the sportsmanship we were taught when we were 10 years old.

Greeneville will win the state but I would honestly say they don't play anybody great yes they beat alcoa but everybody knows that alcoa was hurt all season a win is a win but alcoa was hurt period im a fan of football period but I would love to see greeneville play like a bob jones or hoover from alabama,or maybe south panola I doubt they would ever step on the field with any of those teams..greeneville fans are finally gettin a taste of winning and they slick brag but hey they are proud fans nothing wrong with that but if they played a season with some decent teams on it they would lose half of their games

Greeneville will win the state but I would honestly say they don't play anybody great yes they beat alcoa but everybody knows that alcoa was hurt all season a win is a win but alcoa was hurt period im a fan of football period but I would love to see greeneville play like a bob jones or hoover from alabama,or maybe south panola I doubt they would ever step on the field with any of those teams..greeneville fans are finally gettin a taste of winning and they slick brag but hey they are proud fans nothing wrong with that but if they played a season with some decent teams on it they would lose half of their games

"IF"

Greeneville isn’t a 6A team, we don’t go 5 deep at every positions. We played our third string RB and the backup QB the entire second half. In fact, I’m pretty sure they started playing in the second quarter. That is about as nice as you can get. The score was a result of Greeneville playing well and Carter playing poorly. You’d have to witness the game to understand.

I’m not a fan of running up the score, so I’d tell you if Greeneville ran up the score. The only time I’ve ever seen Greeneville run up the score was against Trezevant last year. I think everyone agrees that they deserved it

You right if lol!!! My football team would blow everybody out as well if we played teams that were garbage two years back to back lol! No doubt a good team but its no doubt they don't play anybody great

If you talk to any Greeneville fan they'll tell you they don't play anyone in conference play, but that's not Greeneville's fault. You don't get to choose conferences.

Greeneville will win the state but I would honestly say they don't play anybody great yes they beat alcoa but everybody knows that alcoa was hurt all season a win is a win but alcoa was hurt period im a fan of football period but I would love to see greeneville play like a bob jones or hoover from alabama,or maybe south panola I doubt they would ever step on the field with any of those teams..greeneville fans are finally gettin a taste of winning they slick brag but hey they are proud fans nothing wrong with that but if they played a season with some decent teams on it they would lose half of their games

They have to play their conference as TSSAA sets its. Their non conference games are Alcoa (still playing), Morristown West (5A still playing), Science Hill (6a lost tonight to Maryville), and Frinklin County (6A). They also scrimmaged DB (lost tonight) and Maryville (6A won tonight over SH)

I know the conference don't offer them much, but I don't see much better non-conference scheduling. Who should they schedule?

They have to play their conference as TSSAA sets its. Their non conference games are Alcoa (still playing), Morristown West (5A still playing), Science Hill (6a lost tonight to Maryville), and Frinklin County (6A). They also scrimmaged DB (lost tonight) and Maryville (6A won tonight over SH)

I know the conference don't offer them much, but I don't see much better non-conference scheduling. Who should they schedule?

How about the first games of the season like a classic game? Play a team that can play with you I would honestly get bored as a player playing horrible teams...that game last year in the state game that team deserved to be spanked but they sucked lmao Im not taking anything away from them but I want to see them play against another great ball club that's all im saying

How about the first games of the season like a classic game? Play a team that can play with you I would honestly get bored as a player playing horrible teams...that game last year in the state game that team deserved to be spanked but they sucked lmao Im not taking anything away from them but I want to see them play against another great ball club that's all im saying

Didn't you read the post you quoted? Mo West is a really good 5A team. I think beating a team like Alcoa speaks for itself.

it depend's what side of the fence your on, i'll bet if the score was switched the greenville fans would say they ran it upon us.

This is why it wasn't running it up:

Carter punted a negative punt that ended up on the six.

Greeneville accidentally blocked a punt that rolled to the 1 and then picked up and ran in.

Greeneville had 2-1 play drives for TD's.

Carter turned it over 5 or 6 times.

Greeneville completed 2 passes the entire night, only threw it 3 times.

Carter had only 1 first down in the first half.

When I think of something else I'll put it. Oh yeah, ran it up the middle over, and over, and over again.