Greeneville vs Carter Hornets

BVDevil

77 points is too many for any coach to score. It's hard to believe that a team is soooo good they can't help but score 77. Wow, that's really impressive. A couple of more td's could have got them to 91. That might have put somebody in the record books.

Was there not anybody on that team that the coach could hand the ball to to keep it under 60? Are all the players that good? :roll:

We should all try to remember the sportsmanship we were taught when we were 10 years old.

So let me get this straight...you think in the second round of the play-offs, a coach should play his seconds the whole game rather than keeping his starters sharp for at least the first half ( knowing they are going to be tested in later rounds)just so the other team won't feel crappy on the bus ride home. Let's say Ballard rested all his starters after the first 3 TD's and played his seconds and thirds for more than 3/4 of the game and sent Carter home 42-0. Then they have to shake the rust off and face a very scrappy Fulton in the next round. And let's not place any responsibility on the Carter coach for failing to prepare his team. They did not execute at all on offense...at all. Surely they watched film and knew Greeneville was going to come out and knock the FIRE-SNOT out of them and they had better be ready.

So let me get this straight...you think in the second round of the play-offs, a coach should play his seconds the whole game rather than keeping his starters sharp for at least the first half ( knowing they are going to be tested in later rounds)just so the other team won't feel crappy on the bus ride home. Let's say Ballard rested all his starters after the first 3 TD's and played his seconds and thirds for more than 3/4 of the game and sent Carter home 42-0. Then they have to shake the rust off and face a very scrappy Fulton in the next round. And let's not place any responsibility on the Carter coach for failing to prepare his team. They did not execute at all on offense...at all. Surely they watched film and knew Greeneville was going to come out and knock the FIRE-SNOT out of them and they had better be ready.

I agree

How about the first games of the season like a classic game? Play a team that can play with you I would honestly get bored as a player playing horrible teams...that game last year in the state game that team deserved to be spanked but they sucked lmao Im not taking anything away from them but I want to see them play against another great ball club that's all im saying

I'm not arguing, just a little confused. 1st game 6A SH won 26-18 in a very good game! 2nd game MW(5A) lost 14-10 in a very good game. Both teams were playing tonight. MW won and SH lost to undefeated Maryville. Other than playing Maryville, that's pretty tough without traveling 4 hours like we had to do for the Franklin County 6a game for game 3. It was tight at half. I think 21-14.

This is why it wasn't running it up:

Carter punted a negative punt that ended up on the six.

Greeneville accidentally blocked a punt that rolled to the 1 and then picked up and ran in.

Greeneville had 2-1 play drives for TD's.

Carter turned it over 5 or 6 times.

Greeneville completed 2 passes the entire night, only threw it 3 times.

Carter had only 1 first down in the first half.

When I think of something else I'll put it. Oh yeah, ran it up the middle over, and over, and over again.

I agree that Greeneville doesn't run up the score. They had a chance to 6 times this season and didn't. My only question is: How do you accidently block a punt?

Radio said there was a fight and two ejected. Who and what happened

Carter is well known for getting players ejected ... it happens every year .. I have seen it time after time ... their Coach has no control .. Greeneville probably had to hold back retaliating many times in game Im sure .. I have watched many a Carter / Fulton game late in season when Fulton would be wearing out Carter and Carter try to start fights to get ejections for the opposing team ... but Fulton would keep cool and just let scoreboard do the talking ... hopefully Greeneville used class and did same.

From what I heard about the Maryville/Science Hill game tonight, Maryville basically ran the clock out to keep from scoring before halftime. Just sayin....

(I don't usually post on other schools' threads, but this one caught my attention.)