Pearl-Cohn @ Harpeth

DIRTYDIME

Coach Finley is 6-2 as the head football coach at Cheatham County against Harpeth. I'm sure that in 75% of those 8 meetings Harpeth was "flat, suffering from food poisoning, or had some horrible calls go against them". I can even pick the 6 games that they'll tell you make up that 75%.

Harpeth fans on CoachT = Excuse Makers :roflol:

We'll get the lab guys over there at Sycamore to run those tests on the water coolers for ya bigcountry.

Spoken like a true Cubs fan. I usually respect what you have to say but well have to agree to disagree here. By your reasoning, the 2011 Creekwood team is better than the 2011 Cubs team. I don't agree with that either. I think Cheatham has a great team this year and that Potts is an amazing athlete. You're right it wasn't even close, because we had an off night, we were flat, whatever. The cubs were better than the Indians that night but they aren't a better team. Nothing you can say will change my mind about that. Every team has an off night and wishes they could replay a game, that's just a fact.

That post was aimed at a guy who said he watched the film from our game and based upon that, he thinks PC will kill us. The point I was trying to make was that game film isn't representative of our guys. if you watch the Camden film, you'll see what our guys are made of. They fought and played their hearts out, they didn't win, but they didn't have any regrets after the game because they did their best.

It's interesting that you said the 2011 Cubs are better than the 2011 Indians but when referring to your losses to Creekwood and Sycamore, they were better than the Cubs THAT NIGHT.

When playoff time comes around you should be ready to play because every other team is. Those "off nights" happen in the regular season, but come playoffs it is up to the coaching staff to have their players motivated and prepared to play because then it is one and done.

Edited by swanson71

When playoff time comes around you should be ready to play because every other team is. Those "off nights" happen in the regular season, but come playoffs it is up to the coaching staff to have their players motivated and prepared to play because then it is one and done.

I'm hoping they're ready. It's going to be a fight! Harpeth will have to play their best game, they have nothing but respect for PC and are well aware this will be their toughest challenge.

Hahahahaha! You Harpeth fans crack me up. Congrats on that win last week over perennial 3a powerhouse Sequatchie. This week will be more reminiscent of the beatdown you endured a couple of weeks ago in Ashland City. I wonder what the excuse will be come Saturday morning: "Flat," Food poisoning from pregame meal, bad officiating, or some other lame excuse? Your arrogance makes it easy to pull for the Firebirds in this one. 28-0 Pearl Cohn.

So glad to amuse you. IF we are beaten, I hope we can use the same "excuse" we used when Camden beat us...they played their hearts out and left it all on the field, sometimes a team is just better than you are. Someone has to win. I've taught my son that even in losing, if you did your best, you win. Luckily he hasn't been agonizing over the loss to Cheatham or gloating like a redneck idiot with no life over the win at Sequatchie. Life goes on and these are just memories being made

Would love to see Harpeth beat Pearl-Cohn but I just don't see it happening. I picked PC over Smith County and picked them to make it to the quarter finals as well. Pearl-Cohn had a let down against Lipcomb so I quess they could against Harpeth as well. However, they proved themselves better than Maplewood and better than Smith County and that is some pretty awesome competition.

Harpeth's only quality win this year was last week against Sequatchie County. All their other wins were against teams with losing records.

Not saying it can't happen, but it would be an upset in my book.

We'll get the lab guys over there at Sycamore to run those tests on the water coolers for ya bigcountry.

A parent in the stands used that as an excuse. Look on CoachT and see where I stated something about a water cooler. That goes for anyone associated with CCCHS Football for that matter. A random fan in the stands made an excuse and that is it. Sycamore beat Cheatham because they were a better football team.

Sycamore also beat Harpeth because they were a better football team.

Cheatham County also beat Harpeth because THE CUBS ARE A BETTER FOOTBALL TEAM!

Harpeth is 6-13 against Cheatham County and 2-9 against Sycamore. That's 8-22 in 30 all-time games against the other schools in the county. Can you say owned?

I bet the goat laughs at that stat.....almost as much as I do :roflol:

I KNOW! I KNOW! In 22 of those 30 games Harpeth was "flat" :rolleyes:

A parent in the stands used that as an excuse. Look on CoachT and see where I stated something about a water cooler. That goes for anyone associated with CCCHS Football for that matter. A random fan in the stands made an excuse and that is it. Sycamore beat Cheatham because they were a better football team.

Sycamore also beat Harpeth because they were a better football team.

Cheatham County also beat Harpeth because THE CUBS ARE A BETTER FOOTBALL TEAM!

Harpeth is 6-13 against Cheatham County and 2-9 against Sycamore. That's 8-22 in 30 all-time games against the other schools in the county. Can you say owned?

I bet the goat laughs at that stat.....almost as much as I do :roflol:

I KNOW! I KNOW! In 22 of those 30 games Harpeth was "flat" :rolleyes:

You have issues. You might need to work on that. By the way, I'm a random fan and so are you, just like the one in the stands.