CPA @ Goodpasture

DANR

Longest 1:06 of my life with no timeouts for CPA. What an exciting finish. A really good game. GP did not kick to Wharton all night. CPA missed a 2nd qtr FG with a strong wind blowing across the field.

Reynolds passing pretty much held in check but not his running game.

Sorry for GP seniors but now you know how CPA seniors have felt like for so many years.

Go Lions!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if Wharton could be said to be held in check when he got 98 yards rushing and over 6 yards per carry. Also, GP kicked the ball out of bounds twice after taking the lead at the end to keep him from getting the ball, and ended up giving CPA field position at the 43 YL.

And CPA had a 5 yard penalty right before the GP offsides prior to the last FG. Amazing 38 yard FG on the last play by a freshman into the wind after being "iced" twice.

Compared to the first game he was held in check. Agreed the td at the end of the half was not a hail mary. I did not like the call to run it wide with the ball on the 1 yard line on 3rd down. I say two sneeks for the td, but its easy to second guess now

Don't know if Wharton could be said to be held in check when he got 98 yards rushing and over 6 yards per carry. Also, GP kicked the ball out of bounds twice after taking the lead at the end to keep him from getting the ball, and ended up giving CPA field position at the 43 YL.

And CPA had a 5 yard penalty right before the GP offsides prior to the last FG. Amazing 38 yard FG on the last play by a freshman into the wind after being "iced" twice.

Goodpasture was so afraid of Vic Wharton that they kicked the ball out of bounds twice on the last kick off and basically gave CPA the ball on their own 43 so that they didn't have to try and stop Wharton. So he had a huge impact on the final drive just by being on the field.

I also noticed that the Goodpasture Media Guide called him Vice Wharton...typo???

:rolleyes: