Round 2 - Union City vs Lake County

Atlas

Outcoached? That is laughable. Lake County beat themselves by turning the ball over. We put the ball on the ground 6 times and lost 1. The coach can not control if the kid fumbles the ball or not. He had the gameplan to stop Hyde and it worked in the first half. Union City made adjustments but the LC coach was still calling the Union City's plays. The players just could not make the stops. The UC coach made the dumbest coaching decisions I have ever seen tonight and luckly got away with it. Onside kick everytime giving up that much field position and going for it on your on 30 yard line. That is neither here nor there, UC did enough to win the game that LC just flat out handed you. So do not get on here talking about someone being outcoached. I am making no excuses but it is what it is. Congrats to UC on the win.

How many times did you score on the on side kicks....NOT MANY...maybe 2 times. If it was dumb..why didn't you score more points than we did...lol. Smart Coaching move #1. #3 is the only kid that hurt us all night. The refs tried their best to give you the game but didn't happen. No..U C did not onside kick everytime...about 4 to be exact. Your coach was moving the ball on Union City in the Wildcat and quit doing it...dumb move because it cost you the game. Either way...Union City won...just like we handed you the game at Union City. We are even now but we move on and you start basketball...needing that time to lace up your shoes to get ready for our boys and girls teams I guess. Good game overall on both sides of the field. You still couldn't stop our #22 in H Y D E....Sorry you feel that away but it is what it is my friend. See ya next year......next!!

Edited by UCGRAD

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many times did you score on the on side kicks....NOT MANY...maybe 2 times. Smart Coaching move #1. #3 is the only kid that hurt us all night. The refs tried their best to give you the game but didn't happen. No..U C did not onside kick everytime...about 4 to be exact. Your coach was moving the ball on Union City in the Wildcat and quit doing it...dumb move because it cost you the game. Either way...Union City won...just like we handed you the game at Union City. We are even now but we move on and you start basketball...needing that time to lace up your shoes to get ready for our boys and girls teams I guess. Good game overall on both sides of the field. You still couldn't stop our #22 in H Y D E....Sorry you feel that away but it is what it is my friend. See ya next year......next!!

Refs tried to give LC game. Now , that's fuuny. LC had 12 penalties to UC 5. Anyway, UC won good luck next week.

Congrats to Union City.I think it was only about 2 yards total offense seperating both teams.Hyde is a warrior.Union City battled back and made the key plays.Down 21-0 and just throw an out pass at the ine to Lewis and he raced about 60 yards and gave Union city momentum.Second half at the start of the 3rd quarter it was all Hyde on every play.Two keys plays after that.The game was tied and Lake Co had the ball and the quarterback threw the ball to seemingly a wide open receiver.But everyone could see the play developing or what was about to happen.Looked like the ball was getting there in slow motion.The Union city back was watching and waiting and timed the ball perfectly and ran back untouchedfor about 30 yards and the touchdown.Still with about 4 minutes to play ,Lake Co scored to climb within 1 point.Lake Co decided to go for 2 points and hopefully the win.Devon Jones ran the ball and must have been an inch away as the officials waited before making the call.Looked like 1 back judge had ruled he was in but the other line judges ruled he didn't make it.Sometimes just a game of inches.That was a crucial play.Had he made that play then Lake Co probably kicks the ball deep and maybe Union City doesnt score.But down by 1 still and time clicking away Lake Co kicked the ball just over the first wall of players and Union City had the ball in good position with about 3 minutes to play.Hyde reeled off a couple first downs and time was clicking.Hyde was running on every play now.Hyde ran twice for a total of about 4 yards.Only about 35 seconds left.Union City faked the ball to Hyde on 3rd down and gave it to another running back.I saw he made the first down and the game was over.But he broke a tackle and scored on the play with about 25 seconds to play.Heard some quaestion the two point conversion instead of going for 1.I think the Coach made the best choice .Lake Co has had trouble all year kicking the extra point and Devon Jones was getting yards about every play.Lake Co was going for the win.I think we had missed a couple already.Don't think we would have won in overtime unless we scored and went for two anyway.Especially if we were faced with maybe a 4th and 5.Don't think we would have kicked.Again.A game of inches.No complaing here.Union City didn't quit and made the big plays tonight.Congrats to Union City.The Union city quarterback played well and Lewis and Hyde are both studs.One a bull and the other a speedster.Good luck the rest of the way.

Edited by mrbigster

Congrats to Union City.I think it was only about 2 yards total offense seperating both teams.Hyde is a warrior.Union City battled back and made the key plays.Down 21-0 and just throw an out pass at the ine to Lewis and he raced about 60 yards and gave Union city momentum.Second half at the start of the 3rd quarter it was all Hyde on every play.Two keys plays after that.The game was tied and Lake Co had the ball and the quarterback threw the ball to seemingly a wide open receiver.But everyone could see the play developing or what was about to happen.Looked like the ball was getting there in slow motion.The Union city back was watching and waiting and timed the ball perfectly and ran back untouchedfor about 30 yards and the touchdown.Still with about 4 minutes to play ,Lake Co scored to climb within 1 point.Lake Co decided to go for 2 points and hopefully the win.Devon Jones ran the ball and must have been an inch away as the officials waited before making the call.Looked like 1 back judge had ruled he was in but the other line judges ruled he didn't make it.Sometimes just a game of inches.That was a crucial play.Had he made that play then Lake Co probably kicks the ball deep and maybe Union City doesnt score.But down by 1 still and time clicking away Lake Co kicked the ball just over the first wall of players and Union City had the ball in good position with about 3 minutes to play.Hyde reeled off a couple first downs and time was clicking.Hyde was running on every play now.Hyde ran twice for a total of about 4 yards.Only about 35 seconds left.Union City faked the ball to Hyde on 3rd down and gave it to another running back.I saw he made the first down and the game was over.But he broke a tackle and scored on the play with about 25 seconds to play.Heard some quaestion the two point conversion instead of going for 1.I think the Coach made the best choice .Lake Co has had trouble all year kicking the extra point and Devon Jones was getting yards about every play.Lake Co was going for the win.I think we had missed a couple already.Don't think we would have won in overtime unless we scored and went for two anyway.Especially if we were faced with maybe a 4th and 5.Don't think we would have kicked.Again.A game of inches.No complaing here.Union City didn't quit and made the big plays tonight.Congrats to Union City.The Union city quarterback played well and Lewis and Hyde are both studs.One a bull and the other a speedster.Good luck the rest of the way.

Thanks for the compliment on the win. LC has special athletes that do well in whatever sport they are in. D. Jones had a great game in the wildcat position. I think the keys to UC in this game was simply defending the pass better (bend but no break) and didn't turn over the ball. Great game w/ lots of big plays both sides. It was a pleasure to watch the game.

How many times did you score on the on side kicks....NOT MANY...maybe 2 times. If it was dumb..why didn't you score more points than we did...lol. Smart Coaching move #1. #3 is the only kid that hurt us all night. The refs tried their best to give you the game but didn't happen. No..U C did not onside kick everytime...about 4 to be exact. Your coach was moving the ball on Union City in the Wildcat and quit doing it...dumb move because it cost you the game. Either way...Union City won...just like we handed you the game at Union City. We are even now but we move on and you start basketball...needing that time to lace up your shoes to get ready for our boys and girls teams I guess. Good game overall on both sides of the field. You still couldn't stop our #22 in H Y D E....Sorry you feel that away but it is what it is my friend. See ya next year......next!!

I know this is the football board, but you brought basketball up. Lake Co. needs time to get ready for you? Union City? The Union city team that got beat by about 32 in the district tournament and had Cisco crying on the bench! lol. The last thing we need is time to get ready for Union City our football players that play B-Ball would not even have to play to beat Union City. The girls really, we both know that Union City has no chance. no matter, how good you think your girls have gotten.

Thanks for the compliment on the win. LC has special athletes that do well in whatever sport they are in. D. Jones had a great game in the wildcat position. I think the keys to UC in this game was simply defending the pass better (bend but no break) and didn't turn over the ball. Great game w/ lots of big plays both sides. It was a pleasure to watch the game.

Thanks Atlas.Just shows to some that I can give another team credit ...lol..Didn't gripe about the officials,what Lake Co should have or shouldnt have done.Sometimes just have to give the other team credit.Union City didn't quit and at the end of the night had more points.The Tornadoes deserved the win.Good luck the rest of the way.

Tough loss for Coach B and the Falcons. I know it is one Coach will not get over for a long time. When you blow a 21 point lead it is difficult to get over. First, Congrats to UC for not laying down but you knew they would not in this rivalry game. Second, a key injury played a huge role in the game as well. Something overlooked was the high ankle sprain suffered by LC RB Ricky Boyd after the long run on a speed sweep in the first half. He was slashing the UC defense and was headed for a big night. With his back up on offense and defense out for disciplinary reasons and another potential replacement dismissed this week from the team The Falcons offense become a little more limited as He was having a good game. He tried to run it 1 time in the 2nd quarter and was ineffective as he could not plant. Played in the secondary but you could see he tried to avoid contact.During his absence in the secondary his replacement got beat on a long pass to set up UC's 2nd score in the first half. That is part of the game though and others must step up, no excuse. As for the wildcat D.Jones began cramping some late in the 3rd and 4th quarter which changed some play calling. Coach B took reponsibility after the game for the loss and I know if you ask him he will tell you that he feels responsible for the lack of improvement in certain areas during the season, turnovers,penalities and tackling, but that they will go to work and correct these issues in the off-season. With a good group of young players coming up the Falcons will continue to be a factor in this district and in the playoffs. In football the better team does not always win but rather the team that capitalizes on its opportunities and UC was able to do that the 2 non-offensive TDs were the difference, a Kickoff return for a TD and a INT return for a TD were the difference. The Kickreturn after LC score and normal kicker D. Jones out with cramps so back-up kicker in and he kicks it right to #4, which LC had worked all week not to do. Again though NO EXCUSES UC did what they had to do and earned the right to move on. Good luck and see you guys next year.